SM OU Speed Kills

Introduction

This is a very simple team based heavily on offense and speed. I personally struggle to break through 1500, but this happens with every team for me as I am not that great. That being said, I have typically the most success with this team, and I would love to see what a more skilled player could do with it!

The Team

Zygarde @ Rocky Helmet Ability: Aura Break EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD Adamant Nature - Coil - Thousand Arrows - Extreme Speed - Substitute

Zygarde is the most bulky Pokemon on the team and is a great utility against steel types. If I can manage a good switch-in and a coil or two he can often take down 2+ pokemon. Thousand arrows is extremely useful against flying types. Extreme speed after coil can typically take down most glass cannons and sweepers such as Greninja. Substitute can cause serious problems for an opponents defensive pokemon once his defense has been boosted.

Kartana @ Choice Band Ability: Beast Boost EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Jolly Nature - Leaf Blade - Night Slash - Sacred Sword - Smart Strike

Kartana with a choice band and variety of move types offers extremely high chances of a one hit KO. Very cut and dry. Once beast boost comes into play it's just a matter of your speed vs your opponents. I have taken down 5+ with him many times. STAB moves like steel strike and leaf blade are preferred but often not necessary after the bonus attack from the choice band.

Weavile @ Focus Sash Ability: Pressure EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Jolly Nature - Icicle Crash - Knock Off - Ice Shard - Fake Out

Weavile is an excellent utility against dragon, psychic, and ground types primarily. His high speed allows him to easily clean up weaker types following a fake out.

Volcarona @ Focus Sash Ability: Flame Body EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Modest Nature IVs: 0 Atk - Quiver Dance - Fiery Dance - Bug Buzz - Substitute

This is a risky build that I really enjoy. With focus sash, speed is often not a factor. Against a faster pokemon I can often use quiver sash, then survive one turn. After that, speed is boosted higher than any pokemon default with the exception of those using choice scarves (even then, 448 speed is very competitive). Fiery dance is a preferred move to use after this, as the potential SpA boosts are extremely beneficial. Timed correctly, volcarona frequently can beat 2+ pokemon.

Nihilego @ Focus Sash Ability: Beast Boost EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Timid Nature IVs: 0 Atk - Stealth Rock - Power Gem - Thunder Wave - Sludge Wave

I use Nihilego more as support. I find him to be a safe lead given the focus sash and moveset. Thunder wave is very useful against difficult and bulky Pokemon. Stealth rock is always very useful to nullify opponents focus sashes and heavily damage fire, flying, and bug types etc. Nihilego is also very versatile as beast boost can sometimes lead him to many kills.

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite Ability: Trace EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Timid Nature IVs: 0 Atk - Psychic - Psyshock - Energy Ball - Dazzling Gleam

I consider Alakazam my safety net. His moveset and SpA allows him to contend with most pokemon. Dazzling gleam is excellent to have for dragon and dark types. Without STAB, it still frequently one hit KOs. His Energy Ball is probably the best counter to water types even surpassing Kartana. He's a total glass cannon but is often good for at least a kill.

Conclusion

The team is really built around speed and damage. The focus sashes allow for many second chances that I find often result in crucial kills. There isn't much room for switching around given the low HPs and defenses. Zygarde is the only one I feel comfortable switching in usually. With this team I find all it takes is one pokemon to catch fire with stat boosts and they can easily disrupt or take down a whole team.

Please let me know what you think and I would really appreciate more feedback from someone who tries it!

I like this team. I like it a lot. However, there are some issues to iron out.

Zygarde: Good item and good move set, but with thousand arrows without Earthquake won't get you far. Replace Coil with Earthquake. That way, use Thousand Arrows, then Earthquake. It kills Skarmory. But beware Garchomp and Salamence.
Waitimaskarmorydontkillme

Kartana: No real error, but you put Steel Strike instead of Smart Strike in the description. Sorry, I have a little bit of OCD.

Weavile: I realized that you have little to no bulk on your team. It is hard to switch, which is the need for a master. If you have no real room for switching, then you may need to use Tapu Fini. Here's a good move set:
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Protect

Tapu Fini's Bulk can switch in for many Dragons, Landorous, Volcorona, etc. Calm Mind sets up for Scald and Moonblast, both having STAB. Protect and Leftovers ensures Fini get a little bit of HP at the end of each turn.

Volcorona: Whoa, what's with the spike of focus sashes? Anyway, I suggest having protect on it rather than substitute.

Nihilego: Hmm...Never seen thunder wave support Nihilego...a brave man, you are.

Alakazam: I Like the Psychic and Psyshock, but Mega-Alakazam lacks Focus Blast, which is how it kills Tyranitar and Lucario. Having Dazzling Gleam is fine, however.

I am no master and don't intend on being one, but I hope my advice helps.

I like this team. I like it a lot. However, there are some issues to iron out.

Zygarde: Good item and good move set, but with thousand arrows without Earthquake won't get you far. Replace Coil with Earthquake. That way, use Thousand Arrows, then Earthquake. It kills Skarmory. But beware Garchomp and Salamence.
Waitimaskarmorydontkillme

Kartana: No real error, but you put Steel Strike instead of Smart Strike in the description. Sorry, I have a little bit of OCD.

Weavile: I realized that you have little to no bulk on your team. It is hard to switch, which is the need for a master. If you have no real room for switching, then you may need to use Tapu Fini. Here's a good move set:
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Protect

Tapu Fini's Bulk can switch in for many Dragons, Landorous, Volcorona, etc. Calm Mind sets up for Scald and Moonblast, both having STAB. Protect and Leftovers ensures Fini get a little bit of HP at the end of each turn.

Volcorona: Whoa, what's with the spike of focus sashes? Anyway, I suggest having protect on it rather than substitute.

Nihilego: Hmm...Never seen thunder wave support Nihilego...a brave man, you are.

Alakazam: I Like the Psychic and Psyshock, but Mega-Alakazam lacks Focus Blast, which is how it kills Tyranitar and Lucario. Having Dazzling Gleam is fine, however.

I am no master and don't intend on being one, but I hope my advice helps.
Thousand arrow already 2hkos aslong as they don't roost but coil is fine. Rocky helmet is an interesting item but recovery is much more appreciated with substitute.

Also this is more of a HO team which usually doesn't have switch ins for attacks. So weavile is fine but I would make it banded with fake out replaced with low kick.

With weavile being banded scarf kartana will help since your team is outspeeds by most scarfers in the metagame.

Nihelgo is fine and this is only more of a personal choice for you since t wave is fine but t spikes would go great with this team. Totally up to you on this either is fine.

And finally for volcanora. I would run psychinium z with psychic over protect and giga drain over bug buzz but giga drain is up to you. Sub just seems too situational plus it has no recovery which definitely hurts.

Edit* oh and energy ball on alakazam does nothing psychic/dazzling already hit the common water types in the meta so focus blast is definitely better just for ferrothorn, ttar etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)