SM OU (First RMT) Zard-X and Mimikyu Webs

Hello and welcome to my first RMT! I'm fairly new to teambuilding, but I've tested this team for a while and I've found it's a pretty fun team to use. I'm open to all feedback and changes.

This team is built around using Bisharp, Zard-X, and Mimikyu under webs. These pokemon are listed in the order I chose them in. This, along with my descriptions, will hopefully provide a good idea on how I built this team.

The Sets
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Taunt

The basis of most good ou webs teams, smeargle is played as a suicide lead, sporing, setting up webs, rocks, and dying. While webs isn't the most versitle team setup, it provides an amazing opportunity for less speedy pokemon to sweep teams and revenge kill easier. Taunt is for stopping slower defoggers like pelipper , the rest of my set speaks for itself.
Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw

Mimikyu provides a great dual STAB in fairy and ghost, providing my team with a great setup sweeper and revenge killer. Adamant nature is a luxury I decided it can afford, with webs both and priority on its side. As the RMT goes on, you'l notice my team has 3 SD mons, but I find they all work quite well under webs.

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Bisharp fell in usage due to dugtrio, which often limited it to focus sash as its item. Now that arena trap is banned, I decided I would try out Bisharp on my team. Bisharp provides great dual stab, very powerful priority with stab sucker punch and dread plate, and can break a lot of walls such as defensive celesteela. This is another pokemon that thrives under webs, but I'm less sure about adamant Bisharp here. Dread plate over life orb is for better sustainability and less weakness to being stalled out.

Tapu Bulu @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

This was originally a choice banded bulu, but after noticing my weakness to stall in playing, I changed to an SD variant. Although bulu provides my team with dual fairies, it's another great sweeper with more sustainability and pivoting than Bisharp or Mimikyu. Bulu's grassy terrain also provides Bisharp help with surviving earthquakes, and the occasional earth power. Bulu also provides a good answer to zygarde, which my team is otherwise weak to. Fightinium Z is a good item for breaking Ferro and tran, and provides my team with a very powerful Z crystal. Zen headbutt helps against stall ( and toxapex in general).

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Up next, we have the fastest and strongest hitting pokemon on my team, who else but toxapex? All jokes aside, toxapex provides a great wall/pivot, supported greatly by grassy terrain. Toxapex helps with my fire-water-grass core, can dish out scald burns, haze on threats, and counter many of my weaknesses (such as greninjas and mega lopunnys).

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

To round out my team and create both my fire-water-grass and steel-dragon-fairy cores is Zard X. This pokemons decent-ish 100 speed becomes almost godlike at +1 under weba, with many scarfers that out-speed it being out-sped after having their scarf nullified. Dragon claw>outrage because the extra power is often not worth in if faries can switch in and do what they want. Roost<EQ is because of Bulu, no need to nerf my own attacks. Having zard without hazard control is still iffy, but many times your opponent has their rocker asleep after smeargle, or will be eager to defog.

This team has weaknesses in Zard Y, scarf landorus, and can still struggle with variants of stall. I'm open to all changes and criticism. Thank you for your time :)

Hello and welcome to my first RMT! I'm fairly new to teambuilding, but I've tested this team for a while and I've found it's a pretty fun team to use. I'm open to all feedback and changes.

This team is built around using Bisharp, Zard-X, and Mimikyu under webs. These pokemon are listed in the order I chose them in. This, along with my descriptions, will hopefully provide a good idea on how I built this team.

The Sets
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Spore
- Taunt

The basis of most good ou webs teams, smeargle is played as a suicide lead, sporing, setting up webs, rocks, and dying. While webs isn't the most versitle team setup, it provides an amazing opportunity for less speedy pokemon to sweep teams and revenge kill easier. Taunt is for stopping slower defoggers like pelipper , the rest of my set speaks for itself.
Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw

Mimikyu provides a great dual STAB in fairy and ghost, providing my team with a great setup sweeper and revenge killer. Adamant nature is a luxury I decided it can afford, with webs both and priority on its side. As the RMT goes on, you'l notice my team has 3 SD mons, but I find they all work quite well under webs.

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Bisharp fell in usage due to dugtrio, which often limited it to focus sash as its item. Now that arena trap is banned, I decided I would try out Bisharp on my team. Bisharp provides great dual stab, very powerful priority with stab sucker punch and dread plate, and can break a lot of walls such as defensive celesteela. This is another pokemon that thrives under webs, but I'm less sure about adamant Bisharp here. Dread plate over life orb is for better sustainability and less weakness to being stalled out.

Tapu Bulu @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

This was originally a choice banded bulu, but after noticing my weakness to stall in playing, I changed to an SD variant. Although bulu provides my team with dual fairies, it's another great sweeper with more sustainability and pivoting than Bisharp or Mimikyu. Bulu's grassy terrain also provides Bisharp help with surviving earthquakes, and the occasional earth power. Bulu also provides a good answer to zygarde, which my team is otherwise weak to. Fightinium Z is a good item for breaking Ferro and tran, and provides my team with a very powerful Z crystal. Zen headbutt helps against stall ( and toxapex in general).

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Up next, we have the fastest and strongest hitting pokemon on my team, who else but toxapex? All jokes aside, toxapex provides a great wall/pivot, supported greatly by grassy terrain. Toxapex helps with my fire-water-grass core, can dish out scald burns, haze on threats, and counter many of my weaknesses (such as greninjas and mega lopunnys).

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

To round out my team and create both my fire-water-grass and steel-dragon-fairy cores is Zard X. This pokemons decent-ish 100 speed becomes almost godlike at +1 under weba, with many scarfers that out-speed it being out-sped after having their scarf nullified. Dragon claw>outrage because the extra power is often not worth in if faries can switch in and do what they want. Roost<EQ is because of Bulu, no need to nerf my own attacks. Having zard without hazard control is still iffy, but many times your opponent has their rocker asleep after smeargle, or will be eager to defog.

This team has weaknesses in Zard Y, scarf landorus, and can still struggle with variants of stall. I'm open to all changes and criticism. Thank you for your time :)
My 1st critique would be running toxapex webs lol, as webs is generally for slower mons with good attack but are slower, or setup sweepers. Nothing on this team can beat toxapex either, so ur team would be good with adding something like specs lele or koko, koko being the best partner to zard y and outspeeding every scarfer in the tier except ither koko with webs up, and beating a 'm lot of things that hurt mega zard x a lot like fini. As for ur lando t weakness, replace tapu bulu with something like tapu fini or even celesteela, celesteela with autonomize sweeper set with hp ice for lando would work nice

Quite nice team, but Smeargle isnt a very viable lead aymore.
Tapu Koko as a lead means that he cant put anything to sleep with spore, leading that he
will set webs turn 1 and die turn 2. Ive have 2 suggestions.

1: Shuckle. Shuckle dosnt have the bulk needed to stay the
whole match, but still can set-up things.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Infestation

The EVs are so that Landorus, a physical attacker, wont damage him much.
Sturdy and Mental herb means that we will set-up webs 100% of the time (exept against magic bounce).
Knock Off is for removing items, and Infestation for (a little) offensive presence, althought you can replace this
move with Encore.

2:Galvantula. Galvantula has a good mathup against Landorus-T, and against some common defog users.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Bug Buzz
- Sticky Web

This is the one that I am using in my team. With full Speed and Timid, it can outspeed and OHKO Landorus-T
252 SpA Life Orb Galvantula Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 338-400 (105.9 - 125.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Galvantula has an impressive 108 speed, so it can outspeed landorus 91. With Compound Eyes, Thunder goes to 91% accuracy,
more the stab and its 97 Sp. Attack, it can hit very well some things. Most defog users are flying type, so Thunder will defeat they
easly. Another defog user is Latios, that you can hit with Bug Buzz.

Quite nice team, but Smeargle isnt a very viable lead aymore.
Tapu Koko as a lead means that he cant put anything to sleep with spore, leading that he
will set webs turn 1 and die turn 2. Ive have 2 suggestions.

1: Shuckle. Shuckle dosnt have the bulk needed to stay the
whole match, but still can set-up things.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Infestation

The EVs are so that Landorus, a physical attacker, wont damage him much.
Sturdy and Mental herb means that we will set-up webs 100% of the time (exept against magic bounce).
Knock Off is for removing items, and Infestation for (a little) offensive presence, althought you can replace this
move with Encore.

2:Galvantula. Galvantula has a good mathup against Landorus-T, and against some common defog users.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Bug Buzz
- Sticky Web

This is the one that I am using in my team. With full Speed and Timid, it can outspeed and OHKO Landorus-T
252 SpA Life Orb Galvantula Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 338-400 (105.9 - 125.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Galvantula has an impressive 108 speed, so it can outspeed landorus 91. With Compound Eyes, Thunder goes to 91% accuracy,
more the stab and its 97 Sp. Attack, it can hit very well some things. Most defog users are flying type, so Thunder will defeat they
easly. Another defog user is Latios, that you can hit with Bug Buzz.
sorry but i will have to disagree with you as smeargle is very viable and galvantula is straight as cheeks lol; instead try and make a good rate.

Anyways, i think you should make Mimikyu
>>>>
as this allows u to blast through most standard checks.

I would also make tapu bulu Sub LO since this set can break stall with rather ease.

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

I do think this team has no big flaws outside of these 2 changes, hope u enjoy ur team :]

First, I'd like to thank all of you for your time and ideas on my team :).
The idea of running toxapex on webs was to be more balanced of a team, but I can see specs Lele working very well, I'd like to have a special sweeper and that thing is pretty damn broken.
I can see shuckle working well, actually. I'll test that and galvantula. I like shuckle more, it would patch my lead weakness to taunt gren and koko to an extent.
Sub SD Bulu is a great idea, especially w/specs lele in place of pex. Mimikyu also sounds good with Z shadow claw, I'll test all of these out.

Thank you for your support and time, have nice days :)

Edits: After about half an hour of playtesting, I can already see my team is improved. My changes as of now are shuckle>smeargle and lele>bulu. Thank you all again for your comments, time, and suggestions :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)