UU Camerupt

Mega Camerupt's good offensive stats and access to Sheer Force let it wallbreak properly. A very good offensive typing also lets Mega Camerupt switch into certain Pokemon such as Klefki, Amoonguss, Sylveon, and Mega Manectric; defensively, however, its typing is bad, because there are many Water-types in the tier like Mantine, Rotom-W, and Suicune. Mega Camerupt needs Wish support from the likes of Alomomola and Sylveon to stay healthy Mega Camerupt is threatened by many Pokemon such as Latias, Suicune, Hydreigon, Rotom-W, and Starmie by virtue of their typing and ability Furthermore, because of Mega Camerupt's terrible Speed tier, it needs to take a hit before even being able attack. Mega Camerupt also faces a lot of competition from other Mega Evolutions such as Mega Sceptile, Mega Altaria, Mega Pidgeot, and Mega Beedrill for a slot on the team.

[SET]
name: Wallbreaker
move 1: Fire Blast
move 2: Earth Power
move 3: Ancient Power / Stealth Rock
move 4: Toxic / Stealth Rock
item: Cameruptite
ability: Solid Rock
nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Fire Blast is Mega Camerupt's best STAB move, and its power is further boosted by Sheer Force. Earth Power is good coverage for Fire-resistant Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Gastrodon. Its power is also further boosted by Sheer Force. Ancient Power has a chance to OHKO Mega Aerodactyl, which would otherwise be able to wall Mega Camerupt, after Stealth Rock damage; it also targets Mantine, which can switch into both of Mega Camerupt's STAB moves. Toxic cripples Pokemon that may try to switch in on Mega Camerupt such as Mantine, Hydreigon, and Latias. Stealth Rock inflicts consistent damage on the opposing team, and Mega Camerupt can set the entry hazard up whenever it forces a switch. Hidden Power Grass OHKOes Pokemon like Swampert, Gastrodon, and Seismitoad after Stealth Rock damage.

Set Details
========

Cameruptite lets Camerupt Mega Evolve into Mega Camerupt. Solid Rock helps Mega Camerupt take super effective hits better before Mega Evolving. Maximum Special Attack investment with a Modest nature lets Mega Camerupt hit as hard as possible. Maximum Speed investment lets Mega Camerupt outspeed Mega Aggron, Mega Steelix, Alolan Muk, and Amoonguss to prevent it from using Spore. The other 4 EVs are put into HP to let it take hits better. If Mega Camerupt is used on a Trick Room team, make sure to use a Quiet nature and take away all its Speed EVs to put them into HP.

Usage Tips
========

Mega Camerupt fits best on bulky offensive teams because it can take a hit and fire off a very powerful attack. Predict whatever answer the opponent will switch in; for example, if you think they will switch in Latias or Hydreigon, use Toxic. Never stay in on Pokemon that can threaten Mega Camerupt with super effective attacks such as Gliscor, Mantine, Rotom-W, Primarina, and Mega Blastoise. Mega Camerupt should switch into Electric-type attacks from Pokemon such as Mega Manectric and Raikou to fire off an attack. Try to get Mega Camerupt in with a slow Volt Switch or U-turn from to prevent it from taking a hit. Mega Camerupt doesn't like to switch in on unresisted attacks because its terrible Speed stat means it will have to take another hit after switching in. [Mega Camerupt can easily abuse Trick Room as it will be one of the fastest Pokemon on the field and normally lets it land a hit first, still try to avoid from letting it take a hit.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that can take Water-type attacks such as Seismitoad, Rotom-W, and Celebi are excellent teammates because they can switch into Pokemon that might threaten Mega Camerupt with a Water-type attack, and the latter two can also switch into Ground-type attacks. Wish support from Pokemon such as Alomomola and Sylveon can heal up Mega Camerupt with Wish. Pokemon that can set up Trick Room such as Cofagrigus and Hoopa are good teammates because under Trick Room Mega Camerupt will usually move first. Remember that you only need Trick Room setters when Mega Camerupt is used on a dedicated Trick Room team. Pokemon that can remove entry hazards to prevent Mega Camerupt from taking extra chip damage such as Tentacruel, Mantine, and Latias are good teammates. Mega Camerupt really likes Volt Switch and U-turn support, as it lets Mega Camerupt get in without having to take damage; good options are Rotom-W, Hydreigon, and Scizor. Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock like Gliscor, Mamoswine, and Cobalion can enable Mega Camerupt to run both Toxic and Ancient Power for better coverage. Pokemon that can switch into Ground-type attacks such as Rotom-W, Gliscor, Latias, and Hydreigon can switch into Gliscor and Krookodile, which Mega Camerupt has a hard time dealing with.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Yawn can force a switch to get off an attack or set up Stealth Rock, but Mega Camerupt will have to forego Toxic, which prevents it from crippling its usual switch-ins. Flash Cannon is an option to break Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Altaria, Sylveon, and Florges. However, Mega Camerupt has a hard time fitting this onto its moveset. Flash Cannon does less than Fire Blast to Sylveon and Florges, but it doesn't have any issues with accuracy. Explosion can do heavy damage to foes at the cost of Mega Camerupt, which teammates can use as an opportunity to sweep or clean up, but Mega Camerupt shouldn't be used just to sacrifice itself.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Dragon-types** Latias and Hydreigon can all switch into both of Mega Camerupt's STAB moves and use Recover or Roost to heal off all damage taken. Mega Altaria can't switch in but can beat Mega Camerupt one-on-one. Zygarde-10% can also heavily damage Mega Camerupt with Thousand Arrows; however, it can't switch in because of how frail it is. Latias and Hydreigon have to be wary of Toxic, as it greatly cripples them.

**Water-types**: Water-types such as Mantine, Suicune, and Rotom-W can switch into both of Mega Camerupt's STAB moves once and outspeed Mega Camerupt to retaliate with a STAB move. However, Mantine has to be wary of Ancient Power. Suicune can also PP stall Mega Camerupt out of attacks, turning it into setup fodder.

**Special Walls**: Blissey, Snorlax, and Porygon2 can easily switch into all of Mega Camerupt's moves, Snorlax can use Mega Camerupt as setup fodder with Curse. Porygon2 has to be wary of Toxic, however.

**Faster Attackers**: Many faster attackers such as Mega Sharpedo, Gliscor, Terrakion, and Krookodile can all threaten Mega Camerupt because it can't take hits well from them at all, even neutral hits.

**Residual Damage**: Because of Mega Camerupt's lack of reliable recovery it can easily get chipped down by entry hazards, poison, and U-turn if it keeps taking damage from them repeatedly.

Last edited:
Hey not QC and I'm no experienced UU player either, but I still have a couple of things to address:

[OVERVIEW]
I definitely wouldn't call Camerupt's typing bad, in fact, it allows Camel to sponge hits from the likes of Mega Manectric and Raikou. Adding to this, I feel like it's actually important how offensively great it's typing is, giving it outstanding coverage between its STABs only. Missing only Mantine and select Levitate users such as Latias and Rotom-W.

[SET]
That EV Spread seems rather weird, again this opinion is not from any experienced UU player, but at this point might as well use max Speed to tie with opposing Camerupt and outspeed other Pokémon creeping Aggron.

[CHECKS & COUNTERS]
I find it very surprising to see no Latias mention here, as its Mega forme is S-Rank and it's base A+, both being extremely influential in the meta and obviously outright walking Camel. Super Effective Moves section should also be changed to Faster Attackers in my opinion, as, let's be honest, Camel isn't taking neutral hits very well.

Great analysis overall, as stated before implementation is optional.

Nuked

a moon full of stars and astral cars
is a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I wanted to point out that I may be saying things that Exploudit already said though because his suggestions were good.

amcheck, implement what you want:

• Overview: I think this is a bit bare and there's probably more information you could fit here. Talk about how it's walled / threatened by common types like Water and Dragon, and very common, faster mons like Roost Mega Aerodactyl, Latias and Mega Latias, Suicune, Hydreigon, Rotom-W, Starmie, Mega Altaria, and Mega Sharpedo to name a couple. Also, where it says that it can take advantage of Raikou and Mega Manectric, remove Raikou (mostly outclassed and mediocre in this meta) and add Klefki, maybe Amoonguss, and maybe CB Scizor locked into BP. For future reference, since you've only recently gotten into writing, the overview should be more fleshed out than it currently is. Also talk about how it faces a LOT of competition from other Mega Evolutions, like Mega Latias, Mega Pidgeot, and Mega Beedrill, which are all faster and just as strong, if not stronger.
  • Set and Moves: I would personally have HP Grass first over Electric, because Mantine isn't that common and Swampert, Seismitoad, and Gastrodon are more common overall because of the rise of Volt-turn.
  • Set Details: Mention that the speed allows Camerupt to outspeed Amoonguss before it spores too.
  • Team options: You mention Volt Switch and U-turn users in Usage tips, so add a bullet for Volt-turn users like Rotom-W, Hydreigon, and Scizor. I am also not sure if full or partial Trick Room is a viable team build in UU, up to QC to decide. You should probably have second rockers that can beat Latias and Starmie as well, since you don't want your only rocker to be beat by the common hazard removers in UU; Mamoswine might be a good one. Might also be a good idea to pair Camerupt with other mons that struggle with waters so they can wear down similar checks. Examples include Infernape, Mamoswine, etc, since Camerupt is really good at wearing down Rotom-W. Instead of Mantine in hazard removal I would mention Starmie or Tentacruel, as they're more relevant mons.
  • Other options: What Pokemon that can switch into Camerupt are crippled by toxic? Name some examples.
  • Checks and counters: Instead of just Latias and Mega Latias, rename this bullet point to "Levitating Fire-Resistant Pokemon" or something along those lines and add Mega Aerodactyl and Hydreigon, particularly roost variants of both. Mention how all these mons can recover off damage taken with roost or recover and can hit it back hard with a stab move or, in the case of Latias and Mega, turn it into setup fodder. In Water types, mention how Rotom-W can't exactly easily switch into Camerupt because it takes half from Fire Blast (physdef), but say that it can switch into it at least twice in a match. Also add another example, a relevant one is Suicune, mention that it turns Camerupt into setup fodder. On the Blissey point, rename it to special walls and add Porygon2 and Snorlax; both have recovery and avoid 2HKOes, Lax sets up curse, etc, but mention that Porygon2 dislikes the occasional toxic. On faster attackers, name some examples. Mega Sharpedo, Gliscor, Terrakion, Krookodile, Mega Altaria, Mega Sceptile, etc can either outright OHKO Camerupt or KO it after prior damage.
I realize that it looks like a lot but most new writers make mistakes like yours; I know I did. It's mostly with fleshing things out and adding examples. Otherwise you did a good job.

Last edited:
Hey not QC and I'm no experienced UU player either, but I still have a couple of things to address:

[OVERVIEW]
I definitely wouldn't call Camerupt's typing bad, in fact, it allows Camel to sponge hits from the likes of Mega Manectric and Raikou. Adding to this, I feel like it's actually important how offensively great it's typing is, giving it outstanding coverage between its STABs only. Missing only Mantine and select Levitate users such as Latias and Rotom-W.

[SET]
That EV Spread seems rather weird, again this opinion is not from any experienced UU player, but at this point might as well use max Speed to tie with opposing Camerupt and outspeed other Pokémon creeping Aggron.

[CHECKS & COUNTERS]
I find it very surprising to see no Latias mention here, as its Mega forme is S-Rank and it's base A+, both being extremely influential in the meta and obviously outright walking Camel. Super Effective Moves section should also be changed to Faster Attackers in my opinion, as, let's be honest, Camel isn't taking neutral hits very well.

Great analysis overall, as stated before implementation is optional.
implemented this.

Nuked

a moon full of stars and astral cars
is a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ThiccTornadus take a look at what I wrote and implement what you want.

I wanted to point out that I may be saying things that Exploudit already said though because his suggestions were good.

AM Check:

• Overview: I think this is a bit bare and theres probably more information you could fit here. Talk about how it's walled / threatened by common types like water and dragon, and very common, faster mons like roost mega aerodactyl, latias and mega latias, suicune, hydreigon, rotom w, starmie, mega altaria, and mega sharpedo to name a couple. Also, where it says that it can take advantage of raikou and mega manectric, remove raikou (mostly outclassed and mediocre in this meta) and add klefki, maybe amoonguss, and maybe CB scizor locked into BP. For future reference, since you've only recently gotten into writing, the overview should be more fleshed out than it currently is.
  • Set and Moves: I would personally have HP grass first over electric, cause mantine isn't that common and swampert, seismitoad, and gastrodon are more common overall because of the rise of volt turn.
  • Set Detains: Mention that the speed allows camerupt to outspeed amoonguss before it spores too.
  • Team options: You mention Volt Switch and U turn users in usage tips, so add a bullet for volt turn users like rotom w, hydreigon, and scizor. I am also not sure if full or partial Trick Room is a viable team build in UU, up to QC to decide. You should probably have second rockers that can beat latias and starmie as well, since you dont want your only rocker to be beat by the common hazard removers in uu, mamoswine might be a good one. Might also be a good idea to pair camerupt with other mons that struggle with waters so they can Wear down similar checks. Examples include infernape, mamoswine, etc. Instead of Mantine in hazard removal I would mention Starmie, more relevant mon.
  • Other options: What mons that can switch into camerupt are crippled by toxic? Name some examples.
  • Checks and counters: Instead of just latias and mega latias, rename this bullet point to "Levitating Fire-Resistant Pokemon" or something along those lines and add Mega Aerodactyl and Hydreigon, particularly roost variants of both. Mention how all these mons can recover off damage taken with roost or recover and can hit it back hard with a stab move or, in the case of latias and mega, turn it into setup fodder. In water types, mention how rotom cant exactly easily switch into camerupt cause it takes like half from fire blast (physdef), but say that it can switch into it at least twice in a match. Also add another example, a relevant one is suicune, mention that it turns rupt into setup fodder. On the blissey point, rename it to spcial walls and add porygon2 and snorlax, both have recovery and avoid 2hkoes, lax sets up curse, etc, but mention that p2 dislikes the occasional toxic. On faster attackers, name some examples. Mega sharpedo, gliscor, terrak, krookodile, mega altaria, mega sceptile, etc can either outright ohko it or ko it after prior damage.
I realize that it looks like a lot but most new writers make mistakes like yours, I know I did. Its mostly with fleshing things out and adding examples, otherwise you did a good job. Bit mediocre grammar in this post cause on ipad but its readable.
Implemented this.

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Overview
* 'however its also a bad defensive typing that lets it get worn down really easy despite its decent bulk, it needs Wish support from the likes of Alomomola and Sylveon to stay healthy.' - this part just feels kinda off to me. Mega Camerupt's susceptibility to being worn down mainly stems from its lack of recovery instead of its typing, so I'd say that instead, though in a bullet point separate from the one this is currently in to prevent cluttering. I'd also elaborate on why its defensive typing is bad (super weak to Water-types in a metagame filled to the brim with them).
* Your bullet point that lists Pokemon that threaten Mega Camerupt is a little too heavy on examples, so I'd remove Mantine and maybe Mega Aerodactyl as examples, since the former is the least relevant of everything you mentioned while MAero doesn't commonly run Roost anymore.
* Why does Mega Camerupt face so much competition from other Mega Evolutions? Elaborate a little.

Set
Okay so I spoke with Eyan about this and we ended up agreeing that the set should look like this:

Ancient Power is important for hitting Mega Aerodactyl for a possible OHKO after Stealth Rock and it also gets a good amount of damage on Mantine with rocks down. Toxic cripples a lot of the Pokemon that are going to be switching in on Mega Camerupt, including Latias, Hydreigon, and Primarina. HP Electric and HP Grass can keep their mentions in moves, but they're usually supoptimal since Rotom-W is getting 2HKOed by Fire Blast after rocks and Earth Power sufficiently damages Swampert and Seismitoad.

As for the EV spread, I made sure to talk with Eyan about it (I know he initially thought that it was only good for Mega Aggron), and maximum Speed investment is more preferable given that it allows Mega Aggron to creep the likes of Alolan Muk, Gastrodon, and Hippowdon in addition to outrunning Mega Aggron.

Moves
* Give examples of Pokemon hit hard by Earth Power that Fire Blast can't damage well in order to show its good coverage. Seismitoad, Swampert, Suicune, and Volcanion all work as examples.
* Add in lines on Ancient Power and Toxic and specify their functions. Also change both Hidden Power lines a bit to reflect that they aren't as preferable as the moves listed, and move them down to the bottom of this section.
* Say that Mega Camerupt can use Stealth Rock as it forces switches.

Set Details
* Fix the spacing issue you have at the top of this section.
* Adjust the description of the EV spread so that it reflects the current one (give examples of Pokemon that Mega Camerupt's Speed allows it to outrun).

Usage Tips
* You have spacing issues at the top and bottom of this section, so please fix those as well.
* When you talk about prediction, change your Mantine/HP Electric example to catching something like Hydreigon or Mega Latias on the switch with Toxic (Mega Aerodactyl with Ancient Power works as well), since those are actually moves that are going to be slashed on the set.

Team Options
* You have too many examples in your line on Water-type checks, so remove Gastrodon and Mantine as examples.
* You have another spacing issue in your second line. Please try fixing these things before you get an analysis QC ready in the future.
* Specify in the Trick Room line that Trick Room setters are only needed when Mega Camerupt is functioning on a dedicated Trick Room team.
* Add a bullet point on entry hazard support here. Give some examples of Pokemon that can set entry hazards for Mega Camerupt, and say that they can allow it to forego running Stealth Rock to make room for both Toxic and Ancient Power.
* Add in a line on Ground-type checks here, give examples, and say that they're important for dealing with the likes of Gliscor and Krookodile, which otherwise heavily exploit Mega Camerupt.

Other Options
* Remove Toxic, as it's being added to Moves.
* Gliscor and Mamoswine are never going to try switching into Mega Camerupt, as Fire Blast OHKOes both. I'd honestly just remove the Will-O-Wisp line entirely, it's rarely ever useful.
* Specify that Yawn isn't usually preferable due to sacrificing coverage or Toxic.
* Add Sylveon and Florges in as Flash Cannon targets, but also say that Mega Camerupt can't usually find room for the move due to having more useful options.
* Say in the Explosion line that Mega Camerupt doesn't usually enjoy wasting its Mega Evolution slot to merely KO itself. (for future reference, add in a reason as to why these moves are in other options, since it's better for adding substance).

Checks and Counters

* Remove mentions of Hidden Power Electric and Hidden Power Grass across this section.
* Say that Mega Latias, Latias, and Hydreigon should be wary of Toxic.
* I wouldn't say that Water-types can easily switch into Mega Camerupt at all. Just say that they're capable of tanking a hit and can outspeed and heavily damage Mega Camerupt with STAB Scald. Suicune isn't turning Mega Camerupt into setup fodder at all, it's 2HKOed by Earth Power, so don't say that.
* Just say that P2 has to be wary of Toxic, it isn't an occasional move on Mega Camerupt.
* Mega Aerodactyl isn't a good Pokemon to give a special example because it's OHKOed by Ancient Power with rocks down and is 2HKOed by Fire Blast with rocks down as well. Remove that.
* Change 'Entry Hazards' to 'Residual Damage' and focus that section more on how Mega Camerupt's lack of recovery makes entry hazards, poisoning, and chip damage from U-turn suboptimal to continuously take damage from.

This is a lot for you to implement, so make sure that absolutely all of it is implemented then give yourself QC 1/3. Also good job Nuked, there were a few suggestions you made regarding move set that ultimately didn't go through but that's less your fault and more on QC's for not figuring out a set and spread prior to letting this analysis be put into the qc stage.

Overview
* 'however its also a bad defensive typing that lets it get worn down really easy despite its decent bulk, it needs Wish support from the likes of Alomomola and Sylveon to stay healthy.' - this part just feels kinda off to me. Mega Camerupt's susceptibility to being worn down mainly stems from its lack of recovery instead of its typing, so I'd say that instead, though in a bullet point separate from the one this is currently in to prevent cluttering. I'd also elaborate on why its defensive typing is bad (super weak to Water-types in a metagame filled to the brim with them).
* Your bullet point that lists Pokemon that threaten Mega Camerupt is a little too heavy on examples, so I'd remove Mantine and maybe Mega Aerodactyl as examples, since the former is the least relevant of everything you mentioned while MAero doesn't commonly run Roost anymore.
* Why does Mega Camerupt face so much competition from other Mega Evolutions? Elaborate a little.

Set
Okay so I spoke with Eyan about this and we ended up agreeing that the set should look like this:

Ancient Power is important for hitting Mega Aerodactyl for a possible OHKO after Stealth Rock and it also gets a good amount of damage on Mantine with rocks down. Toxic cripples a lot of the Pokemon that are going to be switching in on Mega Camerupt, including Latias, Hydreigon, and Primarina. HP Electric and HP Grass can keep their mentions in moves, but they're usually supoptimal since Rotom-W is getting 2HKOed by Fire Blast after rocks and Earth Power sufficiently damages Swampert and Seismitoad.

As for the EV spread, I made sure to talk with Eyan about it (I know he initially thought that it was only good for Mega Aggron), and maximum Speed investment is more preferable given that it allows Mega Aggron to creep the likes of Alolan Muk, Gastrodon, and Hippowdon in addition to outrunning Mega Aggron.

Moves
* Give examples of Pokemon hit hard by Earth Power that Fire Blast can't damage well in order to show its good coverage. Seismitoad, Swampert, Suicune, and Volcanion all work as examples.
* Add in lines on Ancient Power and Toxic and specify their functions. Also change both Hidden Power lines a bit to reflect that they aren't as preferable as the moves listed, and move them down to the bottom of this section.
* Say that Mega Camerupt can use Stealth Rock as it forces switches.

Set Details
* Fix the spacing issue you have at the top of this section.
* Adjust the description of the EV spread so that it reflects the current one (give examples of Pokemon that Mega Camerupt's Speed allows it to outrun).

Usage Tips
* You have spacing issues at the top and bottom of this section, so please fix those as well.
* When you talk about prediction, change your Mantine/HP Electric example to catching something like Hydreigon or Mega Latias on the switch with Toxic (Mega Aerodactyl with Ancient Power works as well), since those are actually moves that are going to be slashed on the set.

Team Options
* You have too many examples in your line on Water-type checks, so remove Gastrodon and Mantine as examples.
* You have another spacing issue in your second line. Please try fixing these things before you get an analysis QC ready in the future.
* Specify in the Trick Room line that Trick Room setters are only needed when Mega Camerupt is functioning on a dedicated Trick Room team.
* Add a bullet point on entry hazard support here. Give some examples of Pokemon that can set entry hazards for Mega Camerupt, and say that they can allow it to forego running Stealth Rock to make room for both Toxic and Ancient Power.
* Add in a line on Ground-type checks here, give examples, and say that they're important for dealing with the likes of Gliscor and Krookodile, which otherwise heavily exploit Mega Camerupt.

Other Options
* Remove Toxic, as it's being added to Moves.
* Gliscor and Mamoswine are never going to try switching into Mega Camerupt, as Fire Blast OHKOes both. I'd honestly just remove the Will-O-Wisp line entirely, it's rarely ever useful.
* Specify that Yawn isn't usually preferable due to sacrificing coverage or Toxic.
* Add Sylveon and Florges in as Flash Cannon targets, but also say that Mega Camerupt can't usually find room for the move due to having more useful options.
* Say in the Explosion line that Mega Camerupt doesn't usually enjoy wasting its Mega Evolution slot to merely KO itself. (for future reference, add in a reason as to why these moves are in other options, since it's better for adding substance).
Checks and Counters
* Remove mentions of Hidden Power Electric and Hidden Power Grass across this section.
* Say that Mega Latias, Latias, and Hydreigon should be wary of Toxic.
* I wouldn't say that Water-types can easily switch into Mega Camerupt at all. Just say that they're capable of tanking a hit and can outspeed and heavily damage Mega Camerupt with STAB Scald. Suicune isn't turning Mega Camerupt into setup fodder at all, it's 2HKOed by Earth Power, so don't say that.
* Just say that P2 has to be wary of Toxic, it isn't an occasional move on Mega Camerupt.
* Mega Aerodactyl isn't a good Pokemon to give a special example because it's OHKOed by Ancient Power with rocks down and is 2HKOed by Fire Blast with rocks down as well. Remove that.
* Change 'Entry Hazards' to 'Residual Damage' and focus that section more on how Mega Camerupt's lack of recovery makes entry hazards, poisoning, and chip damage from U-turn suboptimal to continuously take damage from.

This is a lot for you to implement, so make sure that absolutely all of it is implemented then give yourself QC 1/3. Also good job Nuked, there were a few suggestions you made regarding move set that ultimately didn't go through but that's less your fault and more on QC's for not figuring out a set and spread prior to letting this analysis be put into the qc stage.
Implemented

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mention in the overview that it has access to moves that can effectively take advantage of Sheer Force instead of just talking about the ability.

For Moves, I'd mention doing more damage to Mantine with Ancient Power than Camerupt could with any other move, especially if it's not running Toxic. If Aerodactyl was all Ancient Power did, it'd just be running Flash Cannon that has a chance to OHKO it. Next, obviously, I'd definitely mention Mantine as a Toxic target. Remove Primarina as this example, as it takes a fuck ton from Earth Power anyway. Regarding Hidden Power Grass, it's pretty important to mention that it actually OHKOes Seismitoad and OHKOes Gastrodon and Swampert after Stealth Rock, since even though it does hit them super effectively, if it didn't have those calcs, I'd never ever run it when I could just click Earth Power and deal a ton anyway while keeping a free slot for something else.

For Set Details, Alolan Muk is a fairly important Pokemon to mention outspeeding with max Speed.

In Usage Tips, mention the option of running it on Trick Room teams, since it was somewhat mentioned in Set Details. Also, mention something about it not liking to switch into unresisted attacks. While Mega Camerupt has pretty good natural bulk, the fact that it's slow as balls makes it so it has to take 2 hits before attacking between switching in and afterwards.

For Other Options, in the Yawn point, mention how forcing them out like that also lets Camerupt set up Stealth Rock if it's running that. In the Flash Cannon point, regarding Florges and Sylveon, mention that Flash Cannon actually does less to them than Fire Blast, but it doesn't have accuracy issues, and unlike Earth Power, it actually 2HKOes them, so it's subpar but still workable. Mega Altaria is also a noteworthy target, since Flash Cannon OHKOes offensive DD variants after Stealth Rock, something that Earth Power or Fire Blast can't do. For Explosion, it's good to note that it helps Camerupt with its wallbreaking role, allowing teammates to take advantage of the heavy damage dealt.

QC 2/3

Mention in the overview that it has access to moves that can effectively take advantage of Sheer Force instead of just talking about the ability.

For Moves, I'd mention doing more damage to Mantine with Ancient Power than Camerupt could with any other move, especially if it's not running Toxic. If Aerodactyl was all Ancient Power did, it'd just be running Flash Cannon that has a chance to OHKO it. Next, obviously, I'd definitely mention Mantine as a Toxic target. Remove Primarina as this example, as it takes a fuck ton from Earth Power anyway. Regarding Hidden Power Grass, it's pretty important to mention that it actually OHKOes Seismitoad and OHKOes Gastrodon and Swampert after Stealth Rock, since even though it does hit them super effectively, if it didn't have those calcs, I'd never ever run it when I could just click Earth Power and deal a ton anyway while keeping a free slot for something else.

For Set Details, Alolan Muk is a fairly important Pokemon to mention outspeeding with max Speed.

In Usage Tips, mention the option of running it on Trick Room teams, since it was somewhat mentioned in Set Details. Also, mention something about it not liking to switch into unresisted attacks. While Mega Camerupt has pretty good natural bulk, the fact that it's slow as balls makes it so it has to take 2 hits before attacking between switching in and afterwards.

For Other Options, in the Yawn point, mention how forcing them out like that also lets Camerupt set up Stealth Rock if it's running that. In the Flash Cannon point, regarding Florges and Sylveon, mention that Flash Cannon actually does less to them than Fire Blast, but it doesn't have accuracy issues, and unlike Earth Power, it actually 2HKOes them, so it's subpar but still workable. Mega Altaria is also a noteworthy target, since Flash Cannon OHKOes offensive DD variants after Stealth Rock, something that Earth Power or Fire Blast can't do. For Explosion, it's good to note that it helps Camerupt with its wallbreaking role, allowing teammates to take advantage of the heavy damage dealt.

QC 2/3
Implemented, i will write this up tomorrow or the day after.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
mon might be unranked but that doesn't mean we're letting all this work go to waste

Overview

Do mention that its defensive typing does grant it the ability to act as a form of check to some metagame threats like mega manectric sylveon entei etc.

"common Pokemon in UU such as Latios" fix this

c&c

remove mlati mentions

hp electric isn't in moves or other options anymore so don't say mantine needs to watch out for it, you could probably replace it with ancientpower i guess but there's not really much of a need to keep the line as a whole

3/3

mon might be unranked but that doesn't mean we're letting all this work go to waste

Overview

Do mention that its defensive typing does grant it the ability to act as a form of check to some metagame threats like mega manectric sylveon entei etc.

"common Pokemon in UU such as Latios" fix this

c&c

remove mlati mentions

hp electric isn't in moves or other options anymore so don't say mantine needs to watch out for it, you could probably replace it with ancientpower i guess but there's not really much of a need to keep the line as a whole

3/3
Implemented.

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
GP 1/2
add remove comments

[OVERVIEW]

Mega Camerupt has good offensive stats and access to Sheer Force, which lets it properly wall break wallbreak. Mega Camerupt's typing is very good offensively and can lets it switch into certain Pokemon such as Klefki, Amoonguss, Sylveon, and Mega Manectric, however its also a bad defensive typing but it's bad defensively because there are many Water-types in the tier (such as?) , (RC) (AP). It needs Wish support from the likes of Alomomola and Sylveon to stay healthy. Mega Camerupt is threatened by many Pokemon such as Latios Latias, Suicune, Hydreigon, Rotom-W, and Starmie. (why?) Because of Mega Camerupt's terrible Speed tier, (AC) it needs to take a hit before even being able to land a hit attack (repetition). Mega Camerupt faces a lot of c competition from other Mega Evolutions such as Mega Sceptile, Mega Altaria, Mega Pidgeot, and Mega Beedrill for a slot on the team, because you cannot use both Mega Camerupt and another Mega Evolution on the same team. (redundant imo)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Fire Blast is Mega Camerupt's best STAB move, and its power is further boosted by Sheer Force. Earth Power is good coverage for things that Fire Blast doesn't hit Fire-resistant Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Gastrodon. Its power is also further boosted by Sheer Force. Ancient Power has a chance to OHKO Mega Aerodactyl, (AC) which would otherwise be able to wall Mega Camerupt, (AC) after Stealth Rock damage which would otherwise be able to wall Mega Camerupt, (RC) (ASC); it also targets Mantine, (AC) which can switch in to both of Mega Camerupt's STAB moves. Toxic cripples Pokemon that may try to switch in on Mega Camerupt such as Mantine, Hydreigon, and Latias. Stealth Rock is the best entry hazard in the game as it provides consistent damage to the opposing team, and Mega Camerupt can set them the entry hazard up whenever forcing it forces a switch. Hidden Power Grass OHKOes Pokemon like Swampert, Gastrodon, and Seismitoad after Stealth Rock damage.

Set Details
========

Cameruptite is the only item that can lets Camerupt Mega Evolve into Mega Camerupt. Solid Rock helps Mega Camerupt take super effective hits better before Mega Evolving. Maximum Special Attack investment with a Modest nature lets Mega Camerupt hit as hard as possible. Maximum Speed investment lets Mega Camerupt outspeed Mega Aggron, Mega Steelix, Alolan Muk, and Amoonguss to prevent it from using Spore. The other 4 EVs are put into HP to let it take hits better. If Mega Camerupt is used on a Trick Room team, (AC) make sure to use a Quite Quiet nature and take away all its Speed EVs to put them into HP.

Usage Tips
========

Mega Camerupt fits best on bulky offensive teams because it can take a hit and fire off a very powerful attack. Predict whatever answer the foe opponent will switch in, for example if you think they will switch in Latias or Hydreigon, use Toxic. Never stay in on Pokemon that can threaten it with super effective attacks such as Gliscor, Mantine, Rotom-W, Primarina, and Mega Blastoise. Mega Camerupt should switch into Electric-type attacks from Pokemon such as Mega Manectric and Raikou to fire off an attack. Try to get Mega Camerupt in with a slow Volt Switch or U-turn from to prevent it taking a hit. Mega Camerupt doesn't like to switch in to unresisted attacks at all because of its terrible Speed stat means it will have to take another hit after switching in. Trick Room makes Mega Camerupt one of the fastest Pokemon on the field.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that can take on Water-type attacks such as Rotom-W, Seismitoad, and Celebi are excellent teammates because they can switch into Pokemon that might threaten Mega Camerupt with a Water-type attack, the latter can also switch into Ground-type attacks. Wish support from Pokemon such as Alomomola and Sylveon can heal up Mega Camerupt with Wish. Pokemon that can set up Trick Room such as Cofagrigus or and Hoopa are good teammates because under Trick Room Mega Camerupt will usually move first. Remember that you only need Trick Room setters when Mega Camerupt is used on a Trick Room dedicated team. Pokemon that can remove entry hazards to prevent Mega Camerupt from taking extra chip damage such as Tentacruel, Mantine, and Latias are good teammates. Mega Camerupt really likes Volt Switch and U-turn support, (AC) as it lets Mega Camerupt get in without having to take damage, good teammates that have access to Volt Switch or U-turn are Rotom-W, Hydreigon, and Scizor. Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock like Gliscor, Mamoswine, and Cobalion can enable Mega Camerupt to run both Toxic and Ancient Power for better coverage. Pokemon that can switch into Ground-type attacks such as Rotom-W, Gliscor, Latias, and Hydreigon can switch into Gliscor and Krookodile, (AC) which Mega Camerupt has a hard time dealing with.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Yawn can force a switch to get off an attack, but Mega Camerupt will have to forego Toxic, (AC) which doesn't let it cripple normal switch-(AH)ins, and it can also set up Stealth Rock whenever the foe is forced to switch out. Flash Cannon is an option to break Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Altaria, Sylveon, and Florges. However, Mega Camerupt has a hard time fitting this onto its moveset. Flash Cannon does less than Fire Blast to Sylveon and Florges, however, but it doesn't have any issues with relying on accuracy. Explosion can do heavy damage to opponents foes at the cost of itself, which, (RC) team-(RH)mates can use as an opportunity to sweep or clean up, however but Mega Camerupt shouldn't be used just to sacrifice itself.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Dragon-types** Latias, (RC) and Hydreigon can all switch into both of Mega Camerupt's STAB moves and use Recover or Roost to heal off all damage taken. Mega Altaria can't switch in but can beat Mega Camerupt on a 1v1 one-on-one. Zygarde-10% can also heavily damage Mega Camerupt with Thousand Arrows, (RC) (ASC); however, it can't switch in because of how frail it is. Latias and Hydreigon have to be wary of Toxic, (AC) as it can greatly cripples them.

**Water-types**: Water-types such as Mantine, Suicune, and Rotom-W can switch into both of Mega Camerupt's STAB moves once and outspeed Mega Camerupt to retaliate with a Water-type STAB move. However, Mantine has to be wary of Ancient Power. Suicune can also PP stall Mega Camerupt out of attacks, turning it into set up setup fodder.

**Special Walls**: Blissey, Snorlax, and Porygon2 can easily switch into all of Mega Camerupt's moves, Snorlax can use Mega Camerupt as set up setup fodder with Curse. Porygon2 has to be wary of Toxic, (AC) however.

**Faster Attackers**: Many faster attackers such as Mega Sharpedo, Gliscor, Terrakion, and Krookodile can all threaten Mega Camerupt because it can't take hits well from them at all, even neutral hits.

**Residual Damage**: Because of Mega Camerupt's lack of reliable recovery it can easily get chipped down by entry hazards, poison, and U-turn if it keeps taking damage from them repeatedly.

Last edited:
GP 1/2
add remove comments

[OVERVIEW]

Mega Camerupt has good offensive stats and access to Sheer Force, which lets it properly wallbreak. Mega Camerupt's typing is very good offensively and lets it switch into certain Pokemon such as Klefki, Amoonguss, Sylveon, and Mega Manectric, but it's bad defensively because there are many Water-types in the tier like Mantine, Rotom-W, and Suicune. It needs Wish support from the likes of Alomomola and Sylveon to stay healthy. Mega Camerupt is threatened by many Pokemon such as Latias, Suicune, Hydreigon, Rotom-W, and Starmie by virtue of their typing and ability, respectively. Because of Mega Camerupt's terrible Speed tier, it needs to take a hit before even being able attack. Mega Camerupt faces a lot of competition from other Mega Evolutions such as Mega Sceptile, Mega Altaria, Mega Pidgeot, and Mega Beedrill for a slot on the team.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Fire Blast is Mega Camerupt's best STAB move, and its power is further boosted by Sheer Force. Earth Power is good coverage for Fire-resistant Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Gastrodon. Its power is also further boosted by Sheer Force. Ancient Power has a chance to OHKO Mega Aerodactyl, (AC) which would otherwise be able to wall Mega Camerupt, after Stealth Rock damage ; it also targets Mantine, which can switch in to both of Mega Camerupt's STAB moves. Toxic cripples Pokemon that may try to switch in on Mega Camerupt such as Mantine, Hydreigon, and Latias. Stealth Rock it provides consistent damage to the opposing team, and Mega Camerupt can set them the entry hazard up whenever forcing it forces a switch. Hidden Power Grass OHKOes Pokemon like Swampert, Gastrodon, and Seismitoad after Stealth Rock damage.

Set Details
========

Cameruptite is the only item that can lets Camerupt Mega Evolve into Mega Camerupt. Solid Rock helps Mega Camerupt take super effective hits better before Mega Evolving. Maximum Special Attack investment with a Modest nature lets Mega Camerupt hit as hard as possible. Maximum Speed investment lets Mega Camerupt outspeed Mega Aggron, Mega Steelix, Alolan Muk, and Amoonguss to prevent it from using Spore. The other 4 EVs are put into HP to let it take hits better. If Mega Camerupt is used on a Trick Room team, (AC) make sure to use a Quite nature and take away all its Speed EVs to put them into HP.

Usage Tips
========

Mega Camerupt fits best on Bulky Offensive teams because it can take a hit and fire off a very powerful Attack. Predict whatever answer the foe will switch in, for example you think they will switch in Latias or Hydreigon, use Toxic. Never stay in on Pokemon that can threaten it with Super Effective attacks such as Gliscor, Mantine, Rotom-W, Primarina, and Mega Blastoise. Mega Camerupt should switch into Electric-type attacks from Pokemon such as Mega Manectric and Raikou to fire off an attack. Try to get Mega Camerupt in with a slow Volt Switch or U-turn from to prevent it taking a hit. Mega Camerupt doesn't like to switch in to unresisted attacks at all because of its terrible Speed stat it will have to take another hit after switching in. Trick Room makes Mega Camerupt one of the fastest Pokemon on the field.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that can take on Water-type attacks such as Rotom-W, Seismitoad, and Celebi are excellent teammates because they can switch into Pokemon that might threaten Mega Camerupt with a Water-type attack, the latter can also switch into Ground-type attacks. Wish support from Pokemon such as Alomomola and Sylveon can heal up Mega Camerupt with Wish. Pokemon that can set up Trick Room such as Cofagrigus or Hoopa are good teammates because under Trick Room Mega Camerupt will usually move first. Remember that you only need Trick Room setters when Mega Camerupt is used on a Trick Room dedicated team. Pokemon that can remove entry hazards to prevent Mega Camerupt from taking extra chip damage such as Tentacruel, Mantine, and Latias are good teammates. Mega Camerupt really likes Volt Switch and U-turn support as it lets Mega Camerupt get in without having to take damage, good teammates that have access to Volt Switch or U-turn are Rotom-W, Hydreigon, and Scizor. Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock like Gliscor, Mamoswine, and Cobalion can enable Mega Camerupt to run both Toxic and Ancient Power for better coverage. Pokemon that can switch into Ground-type attacks such as Rotom-W, Gliscor, Latias, and Hydreigon can switch into Gliscor and Krookodile which Mega Camerupt has a hard time dealing with.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Yawn can force a switch to get off an attack, but Mega Camerupt will have to forego Toxic which doesn't let it cripple normal switch ins, it can also set up Stealth Rock whenever the foe is forced to switch out. Flash Cannon is an option to break Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Altaria, Sylveon, and Florges. However, Mega Camerupt has a hard time fitting this onto its moveset. Flash Cannon does less than Fire Blast to Sylveon and Florges, however, it doesn't have any issues with relying on accuracy. Explosion can do heavy damage to opponents at the cost of itself, which, team-mates can use as an opportunity to sweep or clean up, however Mega Camerupt shouldn't be used just to sacrifice itself.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Dragon-types** Latias, and Hydreigon can all switch into both of Mega Camerupt's STAB moves and Recover or Roost off all damage taken. Mega Altaria can't switch in but can beat Mega Camerupt on a 1v1. Zygarde-10% can also heavily damage Mega Camerupt with Thousand Arrows, however, it can't switch in because of how frail it is. Latias and Hydreigon have to be wary of Toxic as it can greatly cripple them.

**Water-types**: Water-types such as Mantine, Suicune, and Rotom-W can switch into both of Mega Camerupt's STAB moves once and outspeed Mega Camerupt to retaliate with a Water-type STAB move. Mantine has to be wary of Ancient Power. Suicune can also PP stall Mega Camerupt out of attacks, turning it into set up fodder.

**Special Walls**: Blissey, Snorlax, and Porygon2 can easily switch into all of Mega Camerupt's moves, Snorlax can use Mega Camerupt as set up fodder with Curse. Porygon2 has to be wary of Toxic however.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader

remove
add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 2/2
[OVERVIEW]

Mega Camerupt's has good offensive stats and access to Sheer Force, which lets let it wallbreak properly wallbreak. A Mega Camerupt's typing is very good offensively and typing also lets it Mega Camerupt switch into certain Pokemon such as Klefki, Amoonguss, Sylveon, and Mega Manectric; (SC) but it's defensively, however, its typing is bad, (AC) defensively because there are many Water-types in the tier like Mantine, Rotom-W, and Suicune. It Mega Camerupt needs Wish support from the likes of Alomomola and Sylveon to stay healthy (RC) Mega Camerupt is threatened by many Pokemon such as Latias, Suicune, Hydreigon, Rotom-W, and Starmie by virtue of their typing and ability, respectively. Furthermore, because of Mega Camerupt's terrible Speed tier, it needs to take a hit before even being able attack. Mega Camerupt also faces a lot of competition from other Mega Evolutions such as Mega Sceptile, Mega Altaria, Mega Pidgeot, and Mega Beedrill for a slot on the team.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Fire Blast is Mega Camerupt's best STAB move, and its power is further boosted by Sheer Force. Earth Power is good coverage for Fire-resistant Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Gastrodon. Its power is also further boosted by Sheer Force. Ancient Power has a chance to OHKO Mega Aerodactyl, which would otherwise be able to wall Mega Camerupt, after Stealth Rock damage; (spacing) it also targets Mantine, which can switch in to into both of Mega Camerupt's STAB moves. Toxic cripples Pokemon that may try to switch in on Mega Camerupt such as Mantine, Hydreigon, and Latias. Stealth Rock provides inflicts consistent damage to on the opposing team, and Mega Camerupt can set the entry hazard up whenever it forces a switch. Hidden Power Grass OHKOes Pokemon like Swampert, Gastrodon, and Seismitoad after Stealth Rock damage.

Set Details
========

Cameruptite is the only item that lets Camerupt Mega Evolve into Mega Camerupt. Solid Rock helps Mega Camerupt take super effective hits better before Mega Evolving. (would put these 2 sentences at the end to put important info first) Maximum Special Attack investment with a Modest nature lets Mega Camerupt hit as hard as possible. Maximum Speed investment lets Mega Camerupt outspeed Mega Aggron, Mega Steelix, Alolan Muk, and Amoonguss to prevent it from using Spore. The other 4 EVs are put into HP to let it take hits better. If Mega Camerupt is used on a Trick Room team, make sure to use a Quiet nature and take away all its Speed EVs to put them into HP.

Usage Tips
========

Mega Camerupt fits best on bulky offensive teams because it can take a hit and fire off a very powerful attack. Predict whatever answer the opponent will switch in; (SC) for example, (AC) if you think they will switch in Latias or Hydreigon, use Toxic. Never stay in on Pokemon that can threaten it Mega Camerupt with super effective attacks such as Gliscor, Mantine, Rotom-W, Primarina, and Mega Blastoise. Mega Camerupt should switch into Electric-type attacks from Pokemon such as Mega Manectric and Raikou to fire off an attack. Try to get Mega Camerupt in with a slow Volt Switch or U-turn from to prevent it from taking a hit. Mega Camerupt doesn't like to switch in to on unresisted attacks because its terrible Speed stat means it will have to take another hit after switching in. [Trick Room makes Mega Camerupt one of the fastest Pokemon on the field.] (this is not a usage tip, reword it to say how you should play Camerupt under the effects of TR)

Team Options
========

Pokemon that can take on Water-type attacks such as Rotom-W, Seismitoad, and Celebi are excellent teammates because they can switch into Pokemon that might threaten Mega Camerupt with a Water-type attack, and the latter can also switch into Ground-type attacks. (so can Rotom-W) Wish support from Pokemon such as Alomomola and Sylveon can heal up Mega Camerupt with Wish. Pokemon that can set up Trick Room such as Cofagrigus and Hoopa are good teammates because under Trick Room Mega Camerupt will usually move first. Remember that you only need Trick Room setters when Mega Camerupt is used on a dedicated Trick Room dedicated team. Pokemon that can remove entry hazards to prevent Mega Camerupt from taking extra chip damage such as Tentacruel, Mantine, and Latias are good teammates. Mega Camerupt really likes Volt Switch and U-turn support, as it lets Mega Camerupt get in without having to take damage; (SC) good teammates that have access to Volt Switch or U-turn options are Rotom-W, Hydreigon, and Scizor. Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock like Gliscor, Mamoswine, and Cobalion can enable Mega Camerupt to run both Toxic and Ancient Power for better coverage. Pokemon that can switch into Ground-type attacks such as Rotom-W, Gliscor, Latias, and Hydreigon can switch into Gliscor and Krookodile, which Mega Camerupt has a hard time dealing with.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Yawn can force a switch to get off an attack or set up Stealth Rock, but Mega Camerupt will have to forego Toxic, which doesn't let it cripple normal prevents it from crippling its usual switch-ins, it can also set up Stealth Rock whenever the foe is forced to switch out. Flash Cannon is an option to break Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Altaria, Sylveon, and Florges. However, Mega Camerupt has a hard time fitting this onto its moveset. Flash Cannon does less than Fire Blast to Sylveon and Florges, but it doesn't have any issues with relying on accuracy. Explosion can do heavy damage to foes at the cost of itself Mega Camerupt, which teammates can use as an opportunity to sweep or clean up, but Mega Camerupt shouldn't be used just to sacrifice itself.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Dragon-types** Latias and Hydreigon can all switch into both of Mega Camerupt's STAB moves and use Recover or Roost to heal off all damage taken. Mega Altaria can't switch in but can beat Mega Camerupt one-on-one. Zygarde-10% can also heavily damage Mega Camerupt with Thousand Arrows; however, it can't switch in because of how frail it is. Latias and Hydreigon have to be wary of Toxic, as it greatly cripples them.

**Water-types**: Water-types such as Mantine, Suicune, and Rotom-W can switch into both of Mega Camerupt's STAB moves once and outspeed Mega Camerupt to retaliate with a Water-type STAB move. However, Mantine has to be wary of Ancient Power. Suicune can also PP stall Mega Camerupt out of attacks, turning it into setup fodder.

**Special Walls**: Blissey, Snorlax, and Porygon2 can easily switch into all of Mega Camerupt's moves, Snorlax can use Mega Camerupt as setup fodder with Curse. Porygon2 has to be wary of Toxic, however.

Last edited:

remove
add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 2/2
[OVERVIEW]

Mega Camerupt's good offensive stats and access to Sheer Force let it wallbreak properly. A very good offensive typing also lets Mega Camerupt switch into certain Pokemon such as Klefki, Amoonguss, Sylveon, and Mega Manectric; defensively, however, its typing is bad, because there are many Water-types in the tier like Mantine, Rotom-W, and Suicune. Mega Camerupt needs Wish support from the likes of Alomomola and Sylveon to stay healthy Mega Camerupt is threatened by many Pokemon such as Latias, Suicune, Hydreigon, Rotom-W, and Starmie by virtue of their typing and ability Furthermore, because of Mega Camerupt's terrible Speed tier, it needs to take a hit before even being able attack. Mega Camerupt also faces a lot of competition from other Mega Evolutions such as Mega Sceptile, Mega Altaria, Mega Pidgeot, and Mega Beedrill for a slot on the team.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Fire Blast is Mega Camerupt's best STAB move, and its power is further boosted by Sheer Force. Earth Power is good coverage for Fire-resistant Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Gastrodon. Its power is also further boosted by Sheer Force. Ancient Power has a chance to OHKO Mega Aerodactyl, which would otherwise be able to wall Mega Camerupt, after Stealth Rock damage; it also targets Mantine, which can switch into both of Mega Camerupt's STAB moves. Toxic cripples Pokemon that may try to switch in on Mega Camerupt such as Mantine, Hydreigon, and Latias. Stealth Rock inflicts consistent damage on the opposing team, and Mega Camerupt can set the entry hazard up whenever it forces a switch. Hidden Power Grass OHKOes Pokemon like Swampert, Gastrodon, and Seismitoad after Stealth Rock damage.

Set Details
========

Cameruptite lets Camerupt Mega Evolve into Mega Camerupt. Solid Rock helps Mega Camerupt take super effective hits better before Mega Evolving. Maximum Special Attack investment with a Modest nature lets Mega Camerupt hit as hard as possible. Maximum Speed investment lets Mega Camerupt outspeed Mega Aggron, Mega Steelix, Alolan Muk, and Amoonguss to prevent it from using Spore. The other 4 EVs are put into HP to let it take hits better. If Mega Camerupt is used on a Trick Room team, make sure to use a Quiet nature and take away all its Speed EVs to put them into HP.

Usage Tips
========

Mega Camerupt fits best on bulky offensive teams because it can take a hit and fire off a very powerful attack. Predict whatever answer the opponent will switch in; for example, if you think they will switch in Latias or Hydreigon, use Toxic. Never stay in on Pokemon that can threaten Mega Camerupt with super effective attacks such as Gliscor, Mantine, Rotom-W, Primarina, and Mega Blastoise. Mega Camerupt should switch into Electric-type attacks from Pokemon such as Mega Manectric and Raikou to fire off an attack. Try to get Mega Camerupt in with a slow Volt Switch or U-turn from to prevent it from taking a hit. Mega Camerupt doesn't like to switch in on unresisted attacks because its terrible Speed stat means it will have to take another hit after switching in. [Mega Camerupt can easily abuse Trick Room as it will be one of the fastest Pokemon on the field and normally lets it land a hit first, still try to avoid from letting it take a hit.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that can take Water-type attacks such as Seismitoad, Rotom-W, and Celebi are excellent teammates because they can switch into Pokemon that might threaten Mega Camerupt with a Water-type attack, and the latter two can also switch into Ground-type attacks. Wish support from Pokemon such as Alomomola and Sylveon can heal up Mega Camerupt with Wish. Pokemon that can set up Trick Room such as Cofagrigus and Hoopa are good teammates because under Trick Room Mega Camerupt will usually move first. Remember that you only need Trick Room setters when Mega Camerupt is used on a dedicated Trick Room team. Pokemon that can remove entry hazards to prevent Mega Camerupt from taking extra chip damage such as Tentacruel, Mantine, and Latias are good teammates. Mega Camerupt really likes Volt Switch and U-turn support, as it lets Mega Camerupt get in without having to take damage; good options are Rotom-W, Hydreigon, and Scizor. Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock like Gliscor, Mamoswine, and Cobalion can enable Mega Camerupt to run both Toxic and Ancient Power for better coverage. Pokemon that can switch into Ground-type attacks such as Rotom-W, Gliscor, Latias, and Hydreigon can switch into Gliscor and Krookodile, which Mega Camerupt has a hard time dealing with.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Yawn can force a switch to get off an attack or set up Stealth Rock, but Mega Camerupt will have to forego Toxic, which prevents it from crippling its usual switch-ins. Flash Cannon is an option to break Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Altaria, Sylveon, and Florges. However, Mega Camerupt has a hard time fitting this onto its moveset. Flash Cannon does less than Fire Blast to Sylveon and Florges, but it doesn't have any issues with accuracy. Explosion can do heavy damage to foes at the cost of Mega Camerupt, which teammates can use as an opportunity to sweep or clean up, but Mega Camerupt shouldn't be used just to sacrifice itself.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Water-types**: Water-types such as Mantine, Suicune, and Rotom-W can switch into both of Mega Camerupt's STAB moves once and outspeed Mega Camerupt to retaliate with a STAB move. However, Mantine has to be wary of Ancient Power. Suicune can also PP stall Mega Camerupt out of attacks, turning it into setup fodder.

implemented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)