Shiny: Yes
EVs: 238 HP / 252 Def / 18 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Introduction

This is a slight modification of the ORAS team that I had previously made. (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mega-lucario-ubers.3581359/)
I was thinking of editing my original post, but I see it has been closed. So here goes . . .

The Team

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Tail

This is the standard Mega-Lucario set. Close Combat and Iron Tail are the main STAB moves while 2x STAB Bullet Punch allows to give heavy priority hits. Justified enables switching into a Dark-type move for a free attack boost. Otherwise, Swords dance provides the necessary boost.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 204 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond

This is pretty much the only set for Wobbuffet and is quite self-explanatory. I tried using Safeguard instead of Destiny Bond, but this move set seems to fit my style better.

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Ingrain
- Rest
- Moonblast

Fairy Aura Geomancy-Z STAB Moonblast deals heavy damage to anything that doesn't resist it. I was originally using a RestTalk GeoXern, but having experimented with the new Fairium Z, I have decided to use this build instead. Ingrain protects Xerneas from being phased out. Rest, along with the passive recovery from Ingrain allows it to survive many STAB priority moves. Since Xerneas cannot be switched out once it is set up with Ingrain, this is important. It is also to be noted that Ingrain (and Geomancy-Z) should be used after common Xerneas checks have been removed from the opposite team.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

Primal-Groudon mainly acts as the Stealth Rock user while paralysing setup sweepers. Precipice Blades is the main STAB move. Rock Slide fits well with Thunder Wave to give a few free hits. It also covers most Ground-immune pokemon.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Lugia is obviously the Wall of the team. Toxic and Whirlwind along with the Stealth Rock by Groudon allows to deal damage while stalling with Roost. Leftovers and Multiscale also helps to consideraby increase Lugia's longevity. Ice beam is used against predicted switches such as Mega Salamence and Rayquaza or, in case of a Taunt.

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 238 HP / 252 Def / 18 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Provides defogging and checks Ho-oh. Recover often allows it to outlive toxic-affected sweepers

Feel free to point out any mistakes, and of course, give your suggestions.

Thank you for your time.:heart:

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure there aren't any mons that Wobbuffet beats, that arent beaten harder by Gothitelle. Charm/CM/Psyshock/Rest Goth eats a defensive threat, then can use Rest to pp stall dark types out, or just sweep from there.

Aside from that, the team looks pretty standard. I'm unconvinced the extra hit chance on Rock Slide is worth the loss of damage, considering you're not attempting to sweep with Groudon. I also much prefer Aromatherapy to Rest on Xerneas as it allows it to function as support against teams likely to wall it. Your team doesnt have much of a toxic switchin due to Lucario's inability to beat Groudon, Lugia or Giratina 1v1, so it would help in defensive matchups as well.

I would suggest same thing as above, but the Goth set should be:

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Charm
- Confide
- Taunt
- Rest

Also some spreads, I would run this spread on Lugia, which would outspeed max speed Pdon and max speed Rayquaza.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Arceus-water CAN also run 192 speed with a Timid nature to outspeed Lucario if you are having problems with that, which could be problematic. Otherwise you can run a spread that hits 307 speed and runs ice beam instead of judgement.

I would suggest Roar > Thunderwave to help with xerneas on Primal Groudon, and toxic/lavaplume > rock slide (although this is less important), as otherwise you struggle with normal switchins to pdon.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I know this is kind of a short reply, but why not run Meteor Mash on Mega Lucario? Takes out the same things Iron Tail does while having much better accuracy and a chance to raise Attack. Other than that, cool team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)