How do you pass on IVs

i'll tell you right now. the male pokemon bring down the moves and the female pokemon bring down that species. IV's are randomly brought down and there is nothing you that you can do about it. you could though, keep breeding and getting better IV's which is called IV breeding. to bring down a nature, you attach an everstone to the female poekmon. the offspring will have a 50% chance of getting the mother's nature.

i'll tell you right now. the male pokemon bring down the moves and the female pokemon bring down that species. IV's are randomly brought down and there is nothing you that you can do about it. you could though, keep breeding and getting better IV's which is called IV breeding. to bring down a nature, you attach an everstone to the female poekmon. the offspring will have a 50% chance of getting the mother's nature.
actually thats not true up to 3 IV's can be passed down from parents ithink.

To pass natures anyway, give the parent with the nature you want the offspring to have an Everstone, then tthe child has a 25% chance of receiving that nature.

To pass natures anyway, give the parent with the nature you want the offspring to have an Everstone, then tthe child has a 25% chance of receiving that nature.
lol Madcat that was ur 33rd post and that happens to be my favorite number :pimp:

thats not a very nice way to talk. people here make me so made, everywhere i go people are no nice to me. maybe that why im so sad and hurt meself.
I suppose we brought this upon ourselves. Apparently we were mean to him, and now he's going on a spam rampage and will later cut his wrists over his DS and cry himself to sleep.

It's always nice how people come to smogon because we have a reputation for being nice and helpful, and then noobs like Marix scream at other noobs to act smart, even if they themselves have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

It's just flame bait to get thy people riled up. I feel sorry for the thread starter. I really do. :(

I needed to know how to do the breed IV thing too so that's why I came. Thanks. It seems you can use that Simple Thread Q&A thing for all sorts of questions. ^_^

Up to 6 IVs can be passed down, its just that its 0.01% chance for it to happen that make people forget it...

1 IV: 2.44% chance
2 IVs: 34.41% chance
3 IVs: 53.01% chance
4 IVs: 9.55% chance
5 IVs: 0.58% chance
6 IVs: 0.01% chance

Taken from X-Act's Breeding guide.

But then there are also differences in percentage of which IV's are passed down. HP and defense are harder to pass down than the rest..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)