Omastar and Parasect: a new UU combo??

Ok so i noticed something strange about parasect when i was thinking of he best rain dance team. It has dry skin? I thought only Tcroak had it because Tcroak is on rain teams. So... Parasect has ...decent... defenses. 60/80/80. It has spore, a near exclusive move. and it 4X resists ground and grass.

Omastar is water rock, and has swift swim. It has max 363 special attack and hydro pump, so a rain dance set is viable. It 4x resists fire, and resists flying, and poison: parasects weaknesses.
Omastar @ wetrock/wide lens (accuracy boosting item?)
modest/bold
252 HP 252 sp. atk 6 speed/def
-rain dance
-hydro pump/surf
-ice beam/blizzard
-ancientpower/Hidden power rock

Parasect @ leftovers/wet rock
impish/careful/adamant
236 Hp 252 special defense 22 defense
X scissor
spore
rain dance
stun spore/aromatherapy

The onlyweakness not covered is parasect's bug weakness. Parasect even resists electric and fight. The parasect set has a leftovers number, and good special defense. Omastar has defense to cover para.

comments? suggestions?

That would be great if most Pokes had moves that could 4x them both.

Ninetales and a few other Fire Types in UU have Flamethrower (4x Para) and HP Grass / Grass Knot (4x Oma). Also things like Flying Types, Zapdos in particular, have Drill Peck / HP Grass (from my experience). Also Heracross weak.

I like how they cover each other's weaknesses though. Does Rock or Water resist Ice?

That would be great if most Pokes had moves that could 4x them both.

Ninetales and a few other Fire Types in UU have Flamethrower (4x Para) and HP Grass / Grass Knot (4x Oma). Also things like Flying Types, Zapdos in particular, have Drill Peck / HP Grass (from my experience). Also Heracross weak.

I like how they cover each other's weaknesses though. Does Rock or Water resist Ice?
This is UU, your Zapdos and Heracross examples are useless. However that doesn't mean something like Pidgeot couldn't have HP Grass... but that's just dumb.

Anyways Ice is resisted by water.

The duo is sort of viable, but you're overestimating Parasect's defenses. They're meh at best, 60 HP won't get you very far on Parasect.

Nobody has touched upon Parasect's base 30 speed which is tremendously crippling ... honestly given that a lot of hard hitting stuff is currently being considered for testing in UU I would take Yoshi King's and not overestimate Parasect's defences.

Ninetales, if it remains in UU, outspeeds and OHKO's both with Fire Blast and Energy Ball.

UU SunnyBeamers like Vileplume can OHKO both, Solarbeam one-shots Omastar and HP Fire is a clean OHKO on Parasect. Victrebell and Xatu can do the same.

Crobat may carry Giga Drain as a gimmick and Sludge Bomb makes short work of Parasect.

Mixed Altaria can make short work of each: EQ OHKOs Omastar, and Parasect enjoys eating Fire Blasts.

Pinsir, if stays in UU, can EQ Omastar to death and set up a Sub to absorb Spore. The Hitmons do the same.

Enough with counters?

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I third the faction that recommends not overestimating Parasect's defenses; 60 HP is pretty low, and 80 Defense and Special Defense, while not horrid, isn't good enough with Parasect's ten billion weaknesses. I'd still rather use Toxicroak, which has decent Speed and some attacking power to work from (actually, quite a sizeable amount).

The onlyweakness not covered is parasect's bug weakness.
Just posting to say that Parasect's Rock weakness is also not covered by Omastar. Also I don't see what this combo is trying to achieve, especially when you consider that the majority of UU threats will be able to hit SE on both. Scyther has Brick Break/Aerial Ace, Pinsir has X-Scissor/Earthquake, Manectric has T-Bolt/Flamethrower, any Boltbeamer, just a few examples in addition to what has already been said. At the very least give Omastar some speed so it can attempt a late game sweep.

Just posting to say that Parasect's Rock weakness is also not covered by Omastar. Also I don't see what this combo is trying to achieve, especially when you consider that the majority of UU threats will be able to hit SE on both. Scyther has Brick Break/Aerial Ace, Pinsir has X-Scissor/Earthquake, Manectric has T-Bolt/Flamethrower, any Boltbeamer, just a few examples in addition to what has already been said. At the very least give Omastar some speed so it can attempt a late game sweep.
I actually thought of these problems a few minutes ago. The purpose of the combo is to cover eachother (one is physical, one is special, ect) I guess shifting omostar's HP to speed would help defeat threats (like sunnybeamers whith HP fire or sludge bomb) One could shake things up against ninetales or something by sporing it if it feels like nasty plotting on the switch. obviously sunny day screws the combo up a bit.

parasect doesn't learn rain dance. so here's a new moveset for you:
@focus sash
x-scissor
swords dance
spore
auromatheropy

omastar is good with wide lens on it so it can use blizzard and hydro pump. have ancient rock on it since it can raise all of your stats.

Parasect status spreads while Omastar comes in and sweeps :o. Also aromatherapy helps with Omastar's ability to get ownt by status.

so, in theory, it works but parasect is too weak for him to be effective... :( i always liked the fella. Perhaps it is only useful in NU or against an opposing rain dance team... The idea originally was a sort of UU "growthtran" but in the rain.

Parasect may have like 8 weaknesses, but it 4x resists 2 types, is immune to water, resists fighting, electric, it can absorb leach seed (and walls megainium in general)

I suppose it could work, but yeah, it's counterable. Just like 'Nape counters both Tangrowth and Heatran, Ninetales counters both pokes as well. I just figured maybe it is a semi viable option on rain teams, instead of just having 5 waters and toxicroak.

Specs Gorebyss can 2HKO regice in the rain!! Omastar has a bit more special attack, so it could too!!! :B

I thought everything can learn sunny day/rain dance. I think TTar can...

maybe ludicolo could do better with a similar purpose: a status wagon that heals in the rain.

Is parasect usefull at all? it looks so cool!

Oh, BTW, just for the record: Swords Dance EQ from Drapion can't OHKO omastar. There is no way Altaria could.

This set is very workable. Omastar already has a great special attack stat so I think Ice beam and surf with Wet Rock would be more viable. Hidden Power Grass is probably better than Ancient Rock to nail water types like Quagsire. Ice beam already covers most fliers. Hidden Power electric is an option as well to take down Mantine.

I would definitely put either 76 evs to outspeed Ninetails after Rain Dance is up. 92 evs will put Omastar at 332 speed after a Rain Dance which outspeeds timid Manectrics that don't run full speed.

With parasect, it would be better to give it wide lens and put 252 evs in HP and Attack. Also give it a speed iv of 0 so that it goes first against an opposing trick room team. I suggest wide lens to take advantage of double powder. I would run Stun Powder over Swords Dance because Parasect is far too slow. Also you can't expect Parasect to sweep with one attack type.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)