The Longest Stall

Come to think of it, every three battles in the Battle Tower turns into a stall war. Do they even WANT it to be fun with all those Double Teaming assbags? I put a Toxic / haze Tentacruel in my team JUST to counter them.

=/
EQ/Body Slam/Rest/ Sleep Talk Snorlax vs. Choice Scarf Gengar stuck on Shadow Ball.

Or, it would've been the longest had we not called it a draw after the 3rd turn.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Come to think of it, every three battles in the Battle Tower turns into a stall war. Do they even WANT it to be fun with all those Double Teaming assbags? I put a Toxic / haze Tentacruel in my team JUST to counter them.
Lucario also works well with Aura Sphere and Choice Specs so it can d decent damage to Blissey.

=/
EQ/Body Slam/Rest/ Sleep Talk Snorlax vs. Choice Scarf Gengar stuck on Shadow Ball.

Or, it would've been the longest had we not called it a draw after the 3rd turn.
It would have ended after only about 15 turns if Gengar had no PP ups, and 24 if it did. Snorlax won!

Although agreeing with a draw is a good thing. PP stalling is no fun and really comes down to who's moveset has more PP.

@ Sunday

Thats a good idea, but it doesn't counter the Double Teaming Dusknoir / Dusclops. Toxic / Haze usually rapes them, but Lucario is probably more usefull against other things...

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In GSC, last poke Miltank with Psych Up vs. last poke Curselax. Came down to a Struggle war.

The longest stall I've ever been in was my Blissy vs a Mismagus. I'd been mean looked by and umbreon and it was passed, so I couldn't switch out. He subbed and CM a few times, and started to use HP fighting, I just wished and protected, eventually he ran out of PP for shadow ball and HP fighting and thus switch out, freeing my Blissy. I don't know why he didn't just try to PP stall me, I couldn't do any damage to him and I'm fairly sure I would have run out of PP first (CM has 64 I think)

Not very exciting, but I guess I'm lucky that I don't run into stalls often.

I remember this one battle where it was my Suicune versus his Blissey. I don't remember the guy's name, but, anyway, my Suicune is a Surf/Ice Beam/Rest/Sleep Talk model, while he was using a Wish + Protect Bliss. It happened after he killed my CB Heracross and my SD Garchomp(The two guys that would've let me kill Blissey easilly.) He was Seismic Tossing at first, annd I just Rested off the damage. Eventually, it came down to him using Wish + Protect continously, and me with low PP for all my attacks. It was so annoying, me and my opponent called the battle a draw after around the 40ish turn of stall war.

Well Suicune does have the Pressure ability so you probably couldve won there. But yeah, stall wars are no fun, if I get into one i just forfeit and let my opponent win.

Oh I got into the worst position, I had a Sleeping 75% hp specsmence and a 25% hp swampert. opponent had a full hp blissey, Skarm, and Donphan. Needless to say I won, with a swampert a 3 hp. Skarm got destroyed, by flamethrower because luckily I woke up, then donphan Ice sharded me. Swampert then used waterfall for a crit, then took bliss down in 2 earthquakes, and he used seismic toss thinking it would kill me but left me at 3 hp. That may not sound like a stall war but it took about 70 turns to get to a point where we actually were getting damage done.

A lone Blissey vs. Gengar and Skarmory. I didn't have anything that could hurt Gengar, so I just used up unnecessary moves until it struggled. When Skarm came out, we were both at full HP. Luckily for me, he had Brave Bird and he scored a critical hit later on in the match, which put him into KO range for the seismic toss.

At the library in town, they have gaming events, and they hold Pokémon tournaments, it was the finals of the tournament to see who got the battle the champ, i winded down to my WoW/PS/Tpunch/IPunch Dusk and Whirl/Spikes/StealthR/Roost Skarm, he had MeanL/Wish/Toxic/BatonP or Moonllight or something... Both of his was burned, both of mine were Paralyzed, he Meanlooked my Dusk, he might have won, if he did not wish, I PSed and got to almost full HP, needless to say I was going to win, I would get paralyzed and save PP + I had pressure + the Burn damage, I was stalling offensively, he had to leave so he just forfeited since it was almost time for the Library to close, he (jokingly) said "I will be the bigger man and quit." Which I replied with (also jokingly) "You may be the bigger man, but I am the winner!" lol.

Now, the match I fought with the champion, we just use Metagame as the Champion title, ended up with His ChargeBeam/MoonLight/IceB/Something else Cressy and his SteelWing or Drill Peck/Spikes/StealthR/Roost Skarm vs my Aforementioned Skarm and Dusk. both of his were burned, mine were status free. I kept whirlwinding to get Stealth Rock damage, his Cresselia could do hardy any damage to my Skarm with its C.Beam, so eventually his Cressy died, then he WWed my Skarm out and my Dusk died from passive damage, then, it happened. My second (and first True stall war) Stall War... Stall Wars Episode IV: Duelist to the bitter end, long story short, he kept healing off his Burn, while I wasted Spikes, Stealth Rocks, and WW, and at the time I did not PP up everything, stalled him down to struggle and he lost the remainder HP. Long, but worth it. I am the current title holder there. ^_^

"You may be the bigger man, but I am the winner!"
LOL.

I had no stalls in my gamestop tourny. Hyper Beam Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon Z just OHKOed anything attempting a stall.

Which worked out, because no one wants to sit through 32 battle animations of Seismic Toss on PBR!

It was my Umbreon vs. a Zangoose and a Cradily back on Netbattle. My Umbreon had Protect/Wish/Baton Pass/Toxic, and it was fairly healthy. Zangoose kept Returning me, and I couldn't Toxic it because it had Immunity. He kept trying to switch between Zangoose and Cradily to try and stall out my moves, so I had to plan carefully on what to do. He kept saying, "Quit already! I win this battle." But I knew there was still hope. Eventually, Zangoose ran out of moves and struggled himself to death. Then he switched in Cradily, and I Toxic'd it. It eventually died but it took so long because Cradily kept using Recover. As soon as his Cradily died, he quit the server :D

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Zomg, I just had the longest stall ever...

It was my Blissey and a sleeping Tentacruel against a posioned (regular) Porygon2. The P2 kept on recovering and I was running out of Seismic toss PP. I couldn't bring in Tenta as it was sleeping and P2 had Discharge. So i stalled it out of discharge and recovers, then it slowly died from posion. Took forever I tell you.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Gliscor vs Gliscor when Lawman faced me. We all had AA/EQ/Roost. I had SR and he has SR I think. AA's and SR's ridiculous amount of PP made this an insanely long stall match.

I just recently had a pretty long stall.

My Wish/TW/Flash Cannon/U-Turn vs a SB/IB/TB/dont remember Blissey. It took a good while, but he ran out first and I won.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)