Fuck Circuit City

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Their fliers come out that they have Wiis this week, so I come in on Sunday and a half an hour before they open an employee comes out and says that they gave away vouchers for them all last week. What the fuck? Why the bullshit flier then? I won't be buying anything from those jokers again.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Actually i hate the Wii, i have a 360. When i went to buy it, they were sold out, and i bough the 360 from a man outside the store for 400$, when it was 350$.

Bleh thats not really that legitimate of a reason to stop buying from them is it? They let me return an ipod once that was somewhat scratched up by me and there was nothing wrong with it either. That's good service, as opposed to Best Buy who wouldn't accept a return for a broken (not by us, came that way) TV on the last day it could be returned...thats bullshit

Toys R Us is probably your best bet actually - they used to get 70-120 wiis per shipment as supposed to Best Buy's 30, but I'm not sure if they get that many anymore.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Bleh thats not really that legitimate of a reason to stop buying from them is it?
Yes it is. If their flier says they have something, and then they don't have it (and knew they didn't at the time they sent out the flier), that is bullshit.

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, my parents bought the couples phone awhile back with that deal, and that you could get an extra battery or something after a year by bringing the receipt.

Then, we went, and they pretended they had no clue about what it was, we even talked to the same person (Yes, I remembered that person's face). These guys are a bunch of fakers.

Pidge

('◇')
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I called their store about returning a game for store credit, still in its plastic wrapping. I told them I didn't have the receipt and the guy on the phone said I could return it still. I asked multiple times if he was sure I didn't need the receipt. When I got to the store they said I needed the receipt.

My brother and I went to Toys R Us on a Sunday morning before they opened, and we were the third and fourth people there, and by about 10:30 15 more people were there and they let us all inside early since we were just there for the Wiis and making us wait was pointless therefore :)

(Circuit City is an AWFUL store in general)

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Although the store names are different, I'm having the same trouble getting a second Wiimote. You ring them up, they say they're getting them on day X, but when you get there they sold them all yesterday. Fuck.

GB_Packers_Ftw

LOOKS LIKE FAVRE GOT SHUT DOWN
Yeah i got mine at a Toys R us too, sort of a weird place to get one i thought but they had a good deal on DP so thats why i was there to start and i just ended up getting a wii.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
CC is a terrible store, they always have about 0 people at the registers and the employees will try to duck you so they don't have to help. And this isn't isolated, it happens at nearly every CC across the country, check cheapassgamer.com and you will see they are the most often complained about store in the country (except maybe EBStop). The only reason I shop at CC is because my local Best Buy never has anything in stock.

Sorry about that Surgo =/

I got my wii out of pure luck...went to target in hunt of some gifts for the family with my mom, she found it there(im clueless not knowing she got it) so she kept on saying i didn't get it,so im all like :( and then on christmas we where done opening my gifts, i was statisfied then all of a sudden she pulled it out and i was all like :).

CC- a boring,unpopular(for a reason), useless store, lying..yea.xD sorry about that disapointment Surgo.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ahh Circuit City...it sucks in Canada too.

I swaer, the people that work there, they keep on trying to make me buy stuff that I evidently don't want. For instance, I try to buy something and then the employee's like "Oh, but don't you want this instead?"...I find that to be extremely pitiful.

My Circuit City is at a mall, so they're very small, and their shit really isn't very good. For instance they were selling a portable AM/FM radio for like $20! That is not fuckin fair. Also, they were selling those flashlights that break the first time you use them for like $6.99....

Also, once I just wanted to ask them a question about what I would need to do to fix my MP3 player. I ask them, and they say that I need my receipt. I wasn't friggin trying to return the thing, I just wanted to fix it! Regardless, I fixed it my own damn self. Thanks for nothing.

Heh, their video game selection is also really really bad. I swear that there are GBA games there, that aren't even that good, yet they're charging $44.99 for them. C'mon, they sell no systems at my mall's Circuit City, and I take it upon myself to purposely skip past that store whenever I want to buy a video game (unless I'm desperate beyond belief).

Yeah, so to sum it up, like that thread title says, fuck Circuit City.

Yea circuit city is awful with customer relations. One time I bought a camera from them and it came broken. So the next day i go back to return it and they tell me that the damage was caused by me and therefore i couldn't return it.
Fuckers

Since you seem to live pretty close to New York City, I'd suggest contacting the Nintendo store and Toys r Us there. One of my friends has gone to both several times over the last year and he always said they managed to have a crapload lying around and that the people working there said they got a good (compared to other stores) amount with their shipments. In fact, he bought his Wii entirely on a whim during one visit.

Of course, this could have completely changed since his last visit, it could have just been a string of lucky flukes on my friend's part, or you may have already tried contacting them, in which case, I guess this can all be disregarded, haha.

Tory

Banned deucer.
Their fliers come out that they have Wiis this week, so I come in on Sunday and a half an hour before they open an employee comes out and says that they gave away vouchers for them all last week. What the fuck? Why the bullshit flier then? I won't be buying anything from those jokers again.
I feel you pain. They lie about almost every crap. For example, if you call Circuit City, they will also say they have five Wiis left, if you come back, they have none of them. This is pretty sad.

First off, I hate Circuit City and will never shop there ever! If I want anything game-related; I hit either Target, Gamestop, or Wal-Mart.

Not sure what the problem is with Gamestop though as I have never had a problem there with anything...though I don't do trade-ins anymore. I get good customer service and they guys know me on sight as I like to come in alot to browse. EB Games I won't go near either, too expensive for alot of their stuff.

Nintendo is being looked into for the shortage on the Wii, which I think is unfair cause of what Sony did with the PS3. I can believe Nintendo had a hard time with demand. Yes, I am considering a Wii over a 360 cause of how useful the Wii is for my DS over the fact that many of the games I want are on the X-box360 (Ace Combat 6, Star Trek Legacy, Mass Effect, Armored Core 4, World in Conflict) while the list for the Wii is just as large (Pokemon Battle Revolution, Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga).

That is all the games I can think I want this year by the way. I also like how cheap the Wii is and I can use it with my USB Wifi Adapter (Yes, I have USB 2.0 compliant)

It is a question of which is better and I am leaning towards the Wii.

I swaer, the people that work there, they keep on trying to make me buy stuff that I evidently don't want. For instance, I try to buy something and then the employee's like "Oh, but don't you want this instead?"...I find that to be extremely pitiful.
Hah, I went in for a job interview at Circuit City once (didn't end up getting the job) and one of the interview questions they asked was "If you're selling a computer system, what else would you try to sell with it?".

Anyways, yeah, that sucks. When I got my Wii last year I ended up finding some "Find available Wii's in your area!" website and getting a shipment at a nearby Wal-Mart.

circuit city is the best place to get stuff when it's gonna be sold out only because they always get a lot. eb games gets like 2 wii's and they're gone instantly.

got wii, galaxy, and a lot of other stuff like that at cc.

best buy on the other hand is horrible and is always sold out of everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)