Smogon Forums

Audiosurfer
Audiosurfer
go for it
CPU
The idea is basically a type shift; every type gets shifted to the next one on the type chart. To give a few examples, Venusaur would be Ice/Ground, Tyranitar would be Ghost/Steel, Mawile would be Fairy/Normal, Rotom Wash would be Grass/Electric, Conkeldurr becomes Poison, and Talonflame becomes Water/Psychic.
CPU
The trickier part is with the moves and various effects. To avoid the obvious problems with STAB distribution, I say to change all the moves to the next type as well. What do you think?
Audiosurfer
Audiosurfer
well it sounds kinda convoluted, both from a learning standpoint and more importantly a programming standpoint. don't know all the facts regarding how it would be programmed but it does seem like it would take a lot of effort. however, the premise sounds interesting.
Audiosurfer
Audiosurfer
would non attacks such as stealth rock or spore be moved as well?
CPU
Spore would be moved but still wouldn't affect Grass Pokemon. So Toxic, as a Ground move, would still not affect Poison/Steel types, but would also not affect Flying Pokemon. Thunder Wave would gain the ability to impact Ground Pokemon.
CPU
Stealth Rock is trickier to work with. Making it a Ghost move would be interesting and would really make taking damage from it a lot different. I want to say that Spikes would still work the same and not hurt Flying Pokemon.
Audiosurfer
Audiosurfer
why would that be the case though? that's inconsistent with the premise isn't it?
CPU
I was worried that coding it would be a hassle, lol.
CPU
The only reason I'd make Spikes work the same is because it still doesn't affect flying Pokémon in Inverse Battles. Then again, it simply changes how effective moves are, not the premise of the types themselves.