Smogon Forums

Arcticblast
Arcticblast
What do you mean?
pokegii
pokegii
well, I just recently heard of the new game type Alphabet Cup, but instead of it being an option that you can select for battle on Showdown, such as Hackmons, Sky Battles, Inverse Battles, etc. you cannot choose to do an Alphabet Cup battle. I was hoping that it could become an option on the "Other Metagames" list.
Arcticblast
Arcticblast
Alphabet Cup won Other Metagame of the Month in March and was playable as a ladder then, and is currently available as a challenge option. It probably won't get its own ladder again, and I would personally prefer it wouldn't (I do need to discuss this with Zarel).
pokegii
pokegii
awh man. why would you prefer that it doesn't get its own ladder again?
Arcticblast
Arcticblast
OMotM was originally supposed to give a metagame a month in the limelight and give it a set of usage stats to work with, but giving OMotM metagames a permanent ladder goes against the original idea. Also, adding ladders adds lag to PS, which we all know sucks.
pokegii
pokegii
ah, makes sense. you could always get rid of a different metagame, I don't know. say, balanced hackmons, just keeping hackmons, or vice versa. idk haha, just an idea. I just really really love ABC Cup lol. guess I'm not the one deciding this ultimately though.
Arcticblast
Arcticblast
tbh I'd rather get rid of Hackmons than Balanced Hackmons if anything, regular Hackmons gets almost zero forum activity
pokegii
pokegii
lol then get rid of Hackmons, keep Balanced Hackmons, and add Alphabet Cup
Arhops
Arhops
You guys have been spelling "Alphabetmons" wrong the whole time, and yes I do think this metagame is worth lag.
pokegii
pokegii
lol whoopsies, sorry. I didn't really know what its actual name was. but totally! I love this metagame, and I personally think we should get rid of some other metagame(s) that people don't play. Sky Battles, Gen 1 OU, I don't know. I feel like people don't care much about those types of metagames
Arhops
Arhops
Nah I'm just kidding its not the name its sort of an in-side joke.