Smogon Forums

Antar
Antar
Why don't we just fix it now so that the suspect test is consistent with everyone else's? Min GXE of 75 is pretty high, IMO--not even OU has set it that high. But if you want that, the cutoff COIL will be 3000. Tell me about how many battles minimum you think should be necessary to get reqs, and I'll tell you the appropriate B and give you some GXE vs. N values.
Molk
Molk
i'd be willing to lower the gxe a bit if we decide to use coil instead, totally open to that. As for number of battles, how does 40 sound to you? do you think it'd be too high/low or just right.
Antar
Antar
Molk
Molk
o ok :x sorry i'm really bad with this stuff lol

that looks p. decent from what i can see
Molk
Molk
one concern though is the number of games seems to spike quite a bit, idk if this is fixable or not tho
Antar
Antar
That's how COIL works--the better you are, the fewer battles you need to have to get reqs, and as your GXE gets closer to the minimum GXE, the number of battles you need for reqs goes towards infinity.
Molk
Molk
alright, the council and i will take a look and decide whether we want the min gxe lower or not
Molk
Molk
how would the curve look with the minimum gxe a *little* bit lower?
Molk
Molk
that looks a bit better to me
Antar
Antar
Want me to implement it?
Molk
Molk
y
trc
just so it is known, (1) will the change by different enough to extend the suspect test or is this not necessary? (2) when will this be formally announced? (3) the most important question, will the coil requisite be counted retroactively (if this is possible) or will it require a new starting point, because that is definitely a factor when thinking about (1).
Antar
Antar
@TRC, no reset will be required--it'll all work retroactively. And presumably once I've implemented the change, Molk will announce it. There should also be no need to extend the suspect test.
Molk
Molk
oh just a question, will coil be calculated for the people who have alts already on the ladder or will they start from 0 no matter where they are? i could see a lot of people being frustrated if the latter :x.