Smogon Forums

Luxpluff91
Luxpluff91
Wow, hey dude, good to see you! I'm doing great, thanks. And you?
Lord Scalgon
Lord Scalgon
Nice, and same here. Even though I may be retired from Pokemon, I still leave behind a legacy. Despite my complete lack of motivation, I'm still around for the occasional hangout. Left a close friend in charge of my games and he achieved top 200 in the OU suspect test.

(he doesn't trade and is aware of certain redis rights)
Luxpluff91
Luxpluff91
Cool, kudos to him (and you). Shame you retired though
Lord Scalgon
Lord Scalgon
Thanks...I tried to get back into it many times...I never felt motivated at all, sadly. Probably a realistic sign that I should move on, but that doesn't mean I should leave Smogon for good.

As of now, I'm mostly into Yu-Gi-Oh and Clash of Clans nowadays...and regarding Yu-Gi-Oh, I occasionally compete in regionals.
Luxpluff91
Luxpluff91
Yeah, I understand what you mean. I felt the same with Pokémon TCG a couple years ago.

I played Yu-Gi-Oh for a while, but never competitively. Eventually the high price of the cards drove me off
Lord Scalgon
Lord Scalgon
I don't blame you.

Coincidentally speaking, there's recent reprints of high ends. Exciton and Ark, for example. Exciton used to be $70; now it's $50 and may be gradually dropping. I don't know what type of currency you use there but converting's not all that bad for your part.
Luxpluff91
Luxpluff91
The reprints do help. I could build a deck if I wanted to, but I have other hobbies that demand my attention (most importantly, Lego Star Wars), and there's only so much one can do with a pos-grad scholarship here.
Lord Scalgon
Lord Scalgon
Pretty understandable. Sometimes, one may not have time for other things. You got your.......masters, right? Either way, congrats!