Smogon Forums

deadfox081
deadfox081
Hey buddy, no issue at all with your experience so long as you're not likely to disappear and be DQed. Only other issue I can see if that you kind of lack the suitable mons. We would be looking mostly for Fire types/strong fire attacks with Electric coverage to deal with Gyarados. Rock also works but since it still hits Clant hard and also hits 1.5x on Gyara. So I guess we could use your Stratagem and Tyrantrum since Tyrantrum also has high powered fangs. Also your Clefable could work as a screener/healer with a few more moves. Any thoughts on who else you could bring? I will probably use Castform/Magmortar/Infernape/Audino
Gemini Taurus
Gemini Taurus
If Rock types are what's being looked for, I can always use Armaldo for some strength. But I actually had using Meloetta in mind. Despite having no STABness, she does a very decent amount of damage if I give her a hide of the savannah (or whatever it's called). I also have Pyroak as an option if you're fine with that.
Gemini Taurus
Gemini Taurus
So pretty much 4 of Stratagem, Armaldo, Tyrantrum, Pyroak, Clefable, Meloetta, or another mon I can buy if need be!
deadfox081
deadfox081
Okay so I'm thinking we can work with what you have. Your Cyclohm actually might be a good choice. It has plenty of Fire coverage and Electric STAB for Gyara. I'd go with Strata @Expert Belt/Glyph of Ancientpower, Tyrantrum @ Rare Candy, Cyclohm @ Something (Magnet/Expert Belt maybe even Life Orb) and Clefable @ Light Clay. Just make sure all have options for fire attacking, rock attacking, electric attacking and that Clefable has Reflect/Light Screen/Heal Pulse/Gravity/Trick Room. I'll probably try to swing it so Strata is the tank since hopefully it will have some Ancientpower boosts and it will make us Earthquake proof. Just make sure everyone who can learn dispel has it and if you have Berry Harvesting then give everyone leppa berries.
deadfox081
deadfox081
Oh also make sure Clefable has Helping Hand :)
Gemini Taurus
Gemini Taurus
Wouldn't it be better to give Strata a Rare Candy considering he'd get a bigger boost from it?? Also, I'll get on getting moves and such ready!!