Smogon Forums

Thomaz
Haha, that's brilliant. Yeah, I love TM spreads, but I've been screwed over so much because of exactly those things lol. And the worst part is that I didn't care about matching balls at all in the beginning so I have like 3-4 boxes full of competitive stuff in a Poké Ball. =(
flargananddingle
flargananddingle
Yeah that sucks..that's why I only back up female spreads. I can go from 0 to 6iv in like 2 eggs. I've already had to rebreed all my prebank stuff too :/
Thomaz
Don't even get me started on prebank stuff. XD Anyway, I'm sad. I bred like 6-7 new things and only one of them got a TSV match lol. I really wanted that shiny Sylveon haha. Oh well. Better rebreed the current female until another chance shows up. Did you have any luck?
flargananddingle
flargananddingle
Haven't done it yet..I have the shiny charm though so the shiny value is locked. One of my spreads hatches on .coms file and one has 2 matches on reddit
Thomaz
Huh, wait. Is there still some things I don't know? =( Is that the reason why some people say they let their Pokemon get hatched by so and so because you can shiny lock the value? o_O
Thomaz
*are <_<
flargananddingle
flargananddingle
The value is always locked if you use masuda parents and/or you have the shiny charm. Also, the shiny value is different for Masuda parents and non masuda
Thomaz
Since I don't want to burden you too much with questions; is there a thread that explains exactly how this works? Could I like "produce" my own Masuda method by catching a Japanese 6IV Ditto in Emerald and sending it to my X? I guess there's only one way to find out though lol.
flargananddingle
flargananddingle
.com has a pretty extensive guide linked in his profile that he wrote. And yes, as long as the parents have different language tags they count as masuda. So what I generally do is, when I get a spread I like I back it up, then check the svs of 2 eggs..1 using masuda, 1 without. Generally your doubling your chances
flargananddingle
flargananddingle
BUT if you don't have the shiny charm, your non masuda parents will roll a different sv each time, so you could theoretically cycle till you got a match (but would only be able to use the spread once for that)
flargananddingle
flargananddingle
And i meant .coms signature not profile...sorry
Thomaz
Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely get a Ditto from Japanese Emerald then (maybe even more because why not?). Would you say it's better to get Ditto or better to get the Shiny Charm or just both? I should be pretty close in X. xD
Thomaz
Oh, yeah, I will definitely get the Charm. Seems like it's really useful as long as you get a match.
flargananddingle
flargananddingle
It depends on what you want..I prefer to have 2 static svs to choose from (mostly because there are matches) but having one static and one variable may make it easier to get a match because you can essentially soft reset for a match
Thomaz
Yeah, that makes sense. I'm currently reading .com's guide. Damn, I had never thought of the 6 x 29, that's brilliant! Finding a random 0 or 31 always meant I had to do at least two hatches to find the generated stat. The more you learn...
flargananddingle
flargananddingle
Yeah...last year I got interested in TM and asked him..just happened to be the most knowledgeable person like...ever
Thomaz
Oh, one more thing. You said backing up a spread. Do you mean by the use of Powersaving? I could easily check the TSV of my Masuda Pokemon with the Loadcode program, but for non-Masua, it would just change every time I'd use it, right?
flargananddingle
flargananddingle
Yes to both
Thomaz
Ah, fair enough. Here's hoping that my Masuda shiny value is something I can get a match on (on Smogon preferably!). I'm currently searching the frames of Emerald to see if I can find a 29^6 Ditto haha. Thanks for all the answers. =)
flargananddingle
flargananddingle
No problem :) btw are you going for a hp on your eevee? If so which..my spread allows both fire and ground and i cant decide