Smogon Forums

Tect
Tect
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-220025251

^turns 16-22

I don't think Roselia can do that.....Also, bird spam isn't such a problem for Trubbish either...Poison being a better defensive typing than grass/poison and sticky hold making trubbish far better at tanking hits that Roselia just cant..
On a HO team, rose fits better..but Bulky Off/Semi Stall/Stall Trubbish far exceeds Roselia...Trubbish beats standard rest/ s talk/knock/storm thow Throh ..albeit it's a PP war, but a W is still a W..That or you force the switch, which is never bad when facing Throh...I don't know what the consensus is on the ban, but while Throh is here, Trubbish spikes on it and stalls it out...
Grim
Grim
I wouldn't say it far exceeds Roselia outside of HO because Grass-type is also pretty nice actually, but Trubbish is definitely a decent Pokemon, and it's not outclassed by Roselia because it differentiates itself with its different typing allowing it to take on Jumpluff an Throh better among others, better physical bulk, and Sticky Hold making its bulk actually reliable unlike with other Eviolite users.
Tect
Tect
I may have over exaggerated with "far exceeds", but i believe trubbish fits better on those formats of play. Also, just look at the thing, its fucking adorable.
Magnemite
Magnemite
That replay wasn't really that spectacular, for a few reasons. Your opponent played pretty questionably throughout the match, doing things like not just defogging the first turn Pelipper was out and hazards were up, which could have easily been really costly, keeping Ninetales in on Zweilous, and hard switching Dodrio into anything. The second (and more important) reason that replay isn't really selling Trubbish for me is that not once in the entire battle do Trubbish's hazards actually damage or poison anything. Other than beating Dodrio (in exchange for itself dying, mind you), Trubbish's overall impact on the battle was very small. Yes, it beats Throh, in that battle it didn't even matter since your opponent could just keep switching in Pelipper and removing your hazards as you set them, and Throh could easily Rest off the little damage Trubbish did to it. Also, Trubbish fares much worse against standard Throh: 252+ Atk Throh Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Trubbish: 62-74 (20.3 - 24.3%) -- 81.5% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock

I'm not completely discounting its viability, but I'm definitely not sold yet, especially given that Throh has a very good chance to leave, and it's a bit of a wild claim to say that Trubbish is better than Roselia, and A+ rank Pokemon.

Finally, why on earth were you using non-Choice Band Brick Break Dusknoir?
Tect
Tect
I did say turn 16-22, didn't I?....That battle wasnt great, it was just show casing how it beats Throh...Please don't misunderstand and think I'm showing this for quality. Because it wasn't.
Tect
Tect
It's stall Mag....I need the arourus/pawn kill...Earthqauke doesn't do either adamant non CB...
Tect
Tect
needed a blocker with sped def that can deal with aurorus/pelliper/sometimes torterra....its pretty niche, but its the obly thing i could do to fill all those roles...trust me, i wish i had better options...
Tect
Tect
See this whole convo is why I'm reluctant to say anything to higher up auths. You always assume things and make me regret ever posting.
Magnemite
Magnemite
You shouldn't feel reluctant to post anywhere because your opinion is being contested, that's just a normal part of the nature of a forum. I have nothing against you personally, and this certainly doesn't change anything. I don't see what me having more authority than you really has to do with anything, it's not like I'm going to punish you or anything over a simple discussion regarding viability (speaking of which, if you'll recall, I invited anyone to ask me why I did or didn't make a change on the viability rankings, so you shouldn't feel reluctant to do so anyway).
Grim
Grim
Anyway, the point is that Trubbish is not garbage and deserves to be ranked somewhere. The replay might not have been great, but the fact that Detect got #5 and is currently 48-10 with the team shows that Trubbish (and the team which I can confirm works as I have played with it a bit) is at least decent. In my opinion it's much better than some Pokemon in C+ and pretty much all below.

If you really want to I could make a Trubbish team and try to get some good replays.
Magnemite
Magnemite
I have nothing against ranking Trubbish (though C+ seems way too high), but I didn't rank it yet because I didn't feel like there was enough of a reason to given the small amount of evidence / use that it had. If you want to argue more about its viability, it would be best to do so in the thread again (though I'd suggest waiting until after the suspect ends as I won't be making any more updates until after that point and beating Throh seems like the only reason I'd use Trubbish). Also, keep in mind that I'm not the only one who determines ranking updates, and I'm not the only person who decided that we shouldn't rank Trubbish yet.
Tect
Tect
My "reluctancy" comes from your judgment of said replay. I feel like you think I'm a mediocre player for posting what was only an example of Trubbish's effectiveness, as if it's the pinnacle of my run with this team. It's not the contesting of said argument that deters me. I think C- is the lowest you could rank this mon, in good conscience.
It deserves to be within the C rank. Unfortunately I'be had so many games with this team and did a lot of laddering in a short period of time, so forgive me for not having better replays. It slipped my mind. If I have any better to show, I will post them in the viability thread. Sorry to clog your profile.
Tect
Tect
i've* had so many
Magnemite
Magnemite
it's fine, i wasn't judging your skill as a player based on one replay, but it's also hard to judge a mon's viability based on one replay (especially where it doesn't accomplish all that much) in the same vein.
Tect
Tect
Just seemed like it. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Magnemite
Magnemite
is ok
Anty
Anty
ngl i would rather use recover spikes shelmet
Grim
Grim
Poison >>>>>>>> Bug lol. With Throh's ban its main niche is gone tho
Anty
Anty
yfw recover