Smogon Forums

cacturne
cacturne
me too bud, i only have 3.8k glory rn. Hoping to get the new guy in 2 weeks or so. Skaarf nerf was VERY welcome though :^)
Dustflier
Dustflier
Haven't played in a bit, was he really that strong? That Vox nerf didn't hurt to much since I was already transitioning to full weapon builds anyway

New guy looks like an interesting take on Jungle Assassins, his passive is weird af tho.
cacturne
cacturne
i think he'll be strong. tough in solo que though he seems really really team dependent. And yes skaarf was /that/ op. Fan the flames was retarded he was a huge lane bully and he could even viably carry in the jungle with a full tanky build
Dustflier
Dustflier
I'm testing him in practice and he feels...odd. His kit is really weird idk, seems kinda haphazard. I'm gonna try a crystal build next since the bleed scales with crystal power, and he seems to have energy problems. His jungle clear is kinda slow, no AOE :/
cacturne
cacturne
you pretty much need to build an item that builds out of stormguard for his clear speed. Either way i don't feel fortress can really be judged in practice, i looked over his kit and watched part of the devstream and he seems VERY team oriented
cacturne
cacturne
also you need to add me on skype and add my new VG acc, (im locked out of my old one :[ )
Dustflier
Dustflier
Is your new one MikE? I think that's the one I added recently. And lol I haven't set up a skype yet so I can't add you. Probably will when school lets out next week when I have time
cacturne
cacturne
ive only got two finals left, PE and US History :^)
cacturne
cacturne
and yeah, im MikE now
Dustflier
Dustflier
Lucky I have like 4 lol. And I think Fortress might benefit from building the one crystal item that slows (Frostblade I think it is? I can't remember). Gives him some CC on his ganks, since you can go ToT-Jump to target-LoC and slow them down and start bleeding em. But idk just some random theorycrafting lol
cacturne
cacturne
yeah, your ult's wolves proc frostburn too. I was thinking something like Warhorn / boots / frostburn / aftershock(clockwork?) / defense / defense. keeps you tanky enough while letting you chase, warhorn keeps stormguards aoe for clears. Frostburn and Aftershock really boost your ganks and aftershock has nice cooldown accel. I think aftershock could possibly be clockwork though, solves the energy problem to sacrifice a bit of damage
cacturne
cacturne
also clockwork's gonna help you keep the ult up, which is pretty kickass for bleed and scouting
Dustflier
Dustflier
Ye I think that's what I would do, although I'd mess with the build order a bit. But I think the aftershock slot is flexible. What tank items are you thinking? Crucible/Aegis is obvious, would you just grab the last slot spending on who the enemy is?
cacturne
cacturne
yea i dont make my defense choices concrete, personally im a HUGE fan of fountain, but as i'd probably be the tank id need one reflex item, and that means my fountain slot faces a lot of competition for having like an atlas paudron or smth
cacturne
cacturne
and js that was just me spitballing, not my actual build order lol
Dustflier
Dustflier
No I like that build a lot, although I think you should go Stormguard -> Frostblade -> Tier 1 Boots -> Warhorn -> other items etc. I don't think finishing Warhorn is that good early, since it doesn't do much early game and the move speed boost would be nicer in the team fighting phase, doesn't do much during laning imo
cacturne
cacturne
i agree completely, though i feel you want warhorn by around ~10 min mark. earlier if you are getting invaded a lot by enemy junglers. only reason I say this is because fortress seems to not have any good escape options if he doesnt have his other jungler with him procing his passive
Dustflier
Dustflier
True. Do you think he'll be played more like a support than an offensive jungler?
cacturne
cacturne
oh i think he's 100% support. his kit just screams to be paired with someone like krul or joule. i could even see it working with some crazy off meta shit like a jungle saw lol
Dustflier
Dustflier
Mhm, I think he would do well starting the camps with the bleed and letting his other jungler get the CS while tanking hits