Smogon Forums

Nails
Nails
learn the ways of the q auto in lane, it guarantees the auto goes off even if they move out of range

learn how to time your q to hit before your e makes contact. also you can cast q while ulting.

save your gap closers (e and ult) for when you really need them, you can stick pretty well just with q autos.

abuse your passive and attack range in lane, you can run into creeps, q auto the guy and he cant chase you because of creepblock.

learning how to hit his ult is crucial, the optimal hecarim ult is cast right before some cc lands to take advantage of its cc immunity (if thresh is gonna hook you, instead of tanking the hook either ult in or out when it lands depending on situation). also making sure you fear many dudes and if possible in the correct direction is huge. the fear direction is not a straight line from where the ult hit, it causes them to run away from you and updates direction if you move.

rush chain vest vs riven.

take a camp lvl 1 and almost always start flask + cloth.
Nails
Nails
use q to get a last hit and proc phage movepseed in lane, it gives you a gap closer and a bunch of free AD.
finally
finally
I knew about e into q but all the other stuff was very helpful :>
Nails
Nails
oh and the movespeed you get from e is rly high, you can cast it -> q them twice while running into position (moving over them with your passive) to take advantage of the bonus movespeed from e which gives you bonus ad from passive -> knock em backwards to give you more time to chase.

also using e to get into position to ult -> immediately knock an important dude even further away from his team is p cool. hecarim ult when you hit it perfectly feels like gragas ult, you are the projectile and everyone spreads out from where you land. it's also very similar to malphite ult.

i think i'll just post more whenever i think of stuff.
finally
finally
I max q then w then e but i see pros max q then e then w. Which one is a better max path
finally
finally
it hurts to be a cloud 9 fan right now :[
im happy with incarnation growing up though. he's definitely put on some big boy pants
Nails
Nails
q > w > q > e 80-90% of the time then max q > e > w. you need the reduced cd on e, and its damage scales pretty hard too.