MiniArchitect
niiiiice
dhelmise
hey how do u color in illustrator

or do u just use illustrator for lines
MiniArchitect
MiniArchitect
You be patient you

I color in a bit of a weird way in Illustrator. After I've finished the linework, I make a new layer and just make a shape using the pen tool with the color I want underneath the lineart, and fill all of the lines that way.
dhelmise
ic

also how do u do the lineart lmao
dhelmise
like i just want to know ur personal way

also im never patient
MiniArchitect
MiniArchitect
I use the pen tool to trace over a pencil sketch with a path with stroke of 3 or 4px, depending on the size of the image. After I'm done tracing I'll take the Width tool and vary the size of the lineart in some places to that there's some variation in line thickness.

Once I'm done with all of that then I'll play around to find a good color for the lineart, cause plain black usually isn't very interesting
dhelmise
ic

im working on abstract art rn ill show u when its done
MiniArchitect
MiniArchitect
coolio
dhelmise
hey sorry to bother you again but how do you do shading and that fading color effect?
MiniArchitect
MiniArchitect
For fading colors I use the gradient tool with two similar colors with different tone. Gradients are kinda awkward to work with in illustrator, so you may want to look up a tutorial on how to use them.

For regular shading I'll just draw a darker shape with the pen tool on top of the flat color that I'm trying to shade.
dhelmise
im guessing you lower the opacity for the shading too?