Smogon Forums

Hulavuta
Hulavuta
also, growing up with the prequels first I never really appreciated how much they were actually needed. Like wow there is so much background stuff referenced that I can only imagine not actually knowing what happened.

also I feel like The Clone Wars is poorly named, just because Clones were used as the main military force on one side that means the whole war is named after them?
nobody calls it the droid wars. shouldn't it be the galactic civil war or something? especially when the clones became irrelevant once the empire took over
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
the original movies aren't good, ppl need to take off the nostalgia glasses. All star wars movies are good star wars movies though (aside from ATOC because the love writing didn't happen)
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Nah, the movies are good. I'm just saying the first movie felt like it could not have possibly been a standalone film, even though it was
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
also I think you misinterpreted my post I was saying since I grew up on the prequels I never really thought about how much the originals left a mystery 'cause I already knew all of it

also Attack of the Clones is amazing "I don't like sand" is actually not a bad line tbh it seemed better than the rest of the love dialogue. Like it was more natural, he's just a human being talking about what he likes and dislikes, seems like what normal human beings do
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
lucas is bad, like the m shamalan of directing. He can storyboard ok. My point is that all 6 movies are just ok, they're really not the greatest things ever (besides the groundbreaking effects). And anybody that says the originals are better than the prequels......they're on the same level. The originals have just as much bad dialogue and stupid delaying (e w o k) as the prequels :)
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
ATOC is sooooo bad like i actually like the fact that it was trying to be a grand nysteery but they needed about 2 more hours of runtime to make it good. It's like he chose the worst bits of fluff to keep the plot together, but yet everything is so stripped down. Obi wan has like 50 actual lines, because that's just how little speaking there is. Then they leave in stuff like 5 seconds of django twirling his pistol. A horrid horrid film
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
lucas only directed 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Also lol "the m night shyamalan of directing" when m night is a director too lewl

also I agree though about aotc

also I agree about the dialogue

I wouldn't say I have nostalgia goggles though because I saw the prequels first and didn't see the original trilogy in its entirety until I was 12 years old and just looking at it objectively I can say it's better. Yeah it had some silly dialogue and all that but the emotion is real like when Luke is getting electrocuted and calls for his father to help him man I cry like a fuckin bitch every time
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I do like the prequels though
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I even liked the prequels more when I was a kid but I think the originals are better now

and CGI does bother me, even though the prequel CGI was REALLY good like wow, it's better than most movies nowadays. Like the CGI in Jurassic World and The Force Awakens was so fake looking, like I was amazed that stuff made it through the editing room
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
I was going to tosche station to pick up some pooooooower converters :( :(((((
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
5 and 6 are real gems, except I dislike 6 a lot because there is so little content. But what content IS there is way better than anything else. The entire death star and jabba's palace are gold but then you have an hour of endor that sucks soooobad

My favorites are 5, 1, 3=6, 4, 2, 7. Some days I think 7 is better than 2 but they are both leagues bad
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
nice rebuttal I say sarcastically
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
use your aggressive feelings, BOY

Ian McDiarmid entirely makes episode 3 great, that plus the worldbuilding (something that ep 2 lacked) and it's because he is seriously believable.
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
The emporor is a good char lol his movies are awesome
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Ian McDiarmid is the great OML
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
NO NO NO

YOU WILL DIE
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego