GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
cmon man, you must get this joke
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Yes I get it I just want to talk about it more
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
the year is 2014. Women are running in fear. Nicki minaj is oppresing the world. Anaconda is ingrained into the mind of every elementary school girl. Who can save us from this oppresion???

Enter Meghan Trainor, with her great message of "don't worry about your size, as long as you are fatter than normal loll!"

With sweeping news about female empowerment, meghan is catapaulted to the top of the charts, and is eventually memed to death (signalling the death of a song)
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
What can we follow up with, to this female empowerment song?? "if your lips are moving then you're lying" (hmmm interesting) a less-well-recieved piece that was criticized as being "whitewashed into a fairly anodyne mush ... the hip-hop bump and plush basslines that intrude ... are pure cosmetic window dressing". Nolan Feeney of Time said the track sounded too similar to its predecessor;

Wow a 1 dimensionsal artist? Popular for putting a message in her songs??
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Fast forward, it's now twenty-sixteen. We have literally the war on drugs throwback here (just say no), like hol up hol up hol up, this is starting to seem a little familiar here, are you tellin me that meghan trainor only makes songs about "females being empowered" (at the expense of skinny girls??hmm)? I wonder who in the music industry could be suggesting she write all these songs.......................................
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
"rainor released her second single, "Lips Are Movin" on October 21, 2014. The song's music video was commissioned by Hewlett-Packard, who included Trainor as part of a promotional campaign "
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Did you write this yourself?
GatoDelFuego
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
it is pretty insightful. though personally I don't think she's anyone's personal puppet but more like she is trying to do what she thinks pop stars do, know what I mean. Like she is clearly out of her element and got to fame so quickly. I mean her debut single was a humongous hit and made her huge and she didn't really adapt to it, know what I mean. She has no idea how to grow artistically so she makes songs that are either the same thing or copying someone else's style.
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
if a producer gives her some lyrics and some money then there's not a lot of room for complaining;;; not like I am saying this is her fault but lol, marketing based on a niche is a business
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
she writes most of her own songs though, or are least co-writes
GatoDelFuego
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
seriously though

like they are a very unique kind of bad in that they try to have a good message but screw up hugely. Like those people who try to say something nice but they are not good with words so they end up saying it wrong and offending people
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
just the result of a marketing campaign