Smogon Forums

M a r k u s ~
M a r k u s ~
Write here when you are online
BlackoutSLM
BlackoutSLM
Hey. I was wondering where did you get the shiny Umbreon?
I'm asking because it does not have memories. Since all pentagon Pokémon have them, the Umbreon might be hacked.
M a r k u s ~
M a r k u s ~
Are you sure? I obtained with a trade from a person that i trust. I will ask to him, if there is some problem and i discover that is hacked i will give you one of my any pokemon for free to repair at this problem. We already done other trade and you know that my poke is all legit. Sorry for that, i will write to you until i obtain the information. If you have the pokebank (i don't have) you can try to deposit, if there isn't any error, the pokemon is legit.
BlackoutSLM
BlackoutSLM
I'm sorry, but I won't risk my entire collection for one poké. I searched around the web and it seems a pokémon born XY or ORAS must have memories. If it doesn't, that means it's hacked. Nevertheless, if you want I can post the poké info in the hack check thread here in the forums. I don't blame you (all the other pokés you traded me where legit) or the person who traded it to you (he could have got the Umbreon from someone else). Just be careful and always check all the info you can get from the pokémon. By the way, you can keep the Castform.
M a r k u s ~
M a r k u s ~
Yes, you might be right. Post in the hack check, i wanna know more about this situation. But i read also that the memory girls is not a hack checker. It can be possible that is a legit pokemon, but yes is important to know the truth. If i receive an answer from the person who trade umbreon i will tell you
BlackoutSLM
BlackoutSLM
As far as I know, only events and pokés without the pentagon don't have memories. All the pokemon I've bred myself remember having hatched from an egg (the others you traded me too, by the way). Everytime I check a legit poké, it seems to remember something. When I check a clear hack (sometimes I get them on Wonder Trade) it does not. Hence why I'm almost sure the Umbreon is hacked. I will post the Info on the Hack Check Thread and see if someone can help clarify the situation.
M a r k u s ~
M a r k u s ~
I understand, as i told you, if the umbreon is hacked please choose something else without any problems , thanks for notice me that.
BlackoutSLM
BlackoutSLM
I did not post the Info yet but the thread says this about memories:
"Pokemon caught or bred on X and Y have "memories" that are checkable by an NPC outside the Anistar Pokemon Center, Pokemon brought over from previous generations (including those that have been hacked to look like they are from Kalos) and 6th gen events do not have memories and will say "The Pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember..."."
That's exactly what the Memory Girl says when I check Umbreon.
M a r k u s ~
M a r k u s ~
This is obviously a bad news, thanks to notice me that because I did not know the memory girl before today, so thanks, i will add that check at my pokemon when i receive that from i trade!
BlackoutSLM
BlackoutSLM
I just posted the info. Do you want the Umbreon back?
As for replacement, if you don't mind of course, let me know if you get more tsv or self breed shinys.
M a r k u s ~
M a r k u s ~
Don't worry for the umbreon, i have an other copy. Yes probably for tonight (it depends from the tsv hatcher) i will obtain an hoothoot all31iv calm with defog. If you interest i will trade him, or if you want give me a breeding project i will do it for you :)
BlackoutSLM
BlackoutSLM
Guess I'll release it then.
I am currently breeding Calm HA Hoothoots for a possible TSV hatch. So I guess I'll wait. :)
M a r k u s ~
M a r k u s ~
Ok then, when you see something tell me and you obtain for free, sorry for the terrible problem, i will remove umbreon from my trade