Smogon Forums

Hulavuta
Hulavuta
YEAH I HAVE A LOT TO SAY

HOLD ON
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
24 hours later I finally have time

Okay yeah, I thought it was AMAZING. I think definitely the best Marvel movie so far, probably my favorite too next to Age of Ultron.

Every character was pretty much on point. You know, I didn't really think of it until recently, but you just get a lot more appreciation when you realize that each movie is being directed and written by a different team, yet the characters manage to stay so consistent between appearances.

Spider-Man was almost perfect, even though I REALLY did not want him to be in the movie at first. But yeah, handled almost perfectly, damn Marvel really has got it going.

Choosing to make him 6 months old: brilliant. He's a new character and needs to be established, we can't just say he was there the whole time because like why did he never appear before now? On the other hand, absolutely nobody wants to sit through the origin story for the 3rd time. This was brilliant by making him already established but not yet a big deal.

To that point, I'm also glad he didn't overshadow the rest of the cast. I'm glad he lost all the fights he was in (even though he did give them a good run for their money) because he is waaaay inexperienced compared to everyone else. So that was nice and a good way to avoid him being an annoying Gary Stu.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
To be honest, Ant-Man was the big breakout star in that fight, haha. He was hilarious and had so many brilliant moments. The whole fight was just made up of so many great moments that had everyone cheering. It was just great to see and very hard to do to be honest.

I like that it was Captain America's story rather than Avengers 2.5 even though the Avengers did mostly all appear. Bucky was by far my favorite character in the movie. I really liked his struggle and damn it was emotional. When he was going for Iron Man's reactor that was so intense, and then his arm comes off WOW.

He and Falcon as Captain America's sidekicks have like the best chemistry ever too. Like the whole bit in the car "can you put your seat up now" and when they smile and nod at him after Cap gets the kiss. hilarious haha

Yeah, I think Scarlet Witch maybe should have gotten more screen time because she was a major part of the story, especially with the fact that she's not a US citizen. It would be hard to work her in though, but yeah she was great. In the opening scene I felt like she could've taken down all those terrorists on her own though lol.