Smogon Forums

Martin
Martin
Too much lol

Earlier today I watched Hotaru no Haka (Grave of the Fireflies)--which I'm currently showcasing in my ava--and it was rlly spectacular. Definitely shows off Studio Ghibli and is easily deserving of being on any list of the best movies ever made. Some series that I've watched recently and liked include FMAB, Ping Pong the Animation and Kyoukai no Kanata; ERASED, AJIN and Dimension W on last season were all good whereas Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko was perfect imo and Hai to Gensou no Grimgar is something that I seem to be the only person who thought it was rlly good; Non Non Biyori, Anohana, Nagi no Asukara and a bunch of others are some that I really like which I saw longer ago.
Martin
Martin
How to bombard with useless info 101 amirite?
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
i havent watched anime for almost 1 or 2 years now :p it was helpful :D might watch the cat one, thanks for the info!!!
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
and i tried watching the grave of the fireflies one a long time ago but i couldnt because it made me so sad :(
Martin
Martin
Ur watching the one about a kitty. Go figures lmao. In all seriousness though it consists of four 8-minute (iirc) episodes and is just v. relaxing in general, so if you like that kind of thing you'll like it a lot.

Yeah Grave of the Fireflies is rlly sad, but it is worth the watch in spite of this. Idk for some reason I like really sad stories, so something that has me bawling my eyes out is rlly appealing for me as a result.
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
xD did you ever watch wolf children? it made me cry a lot
Martin
Martin
I've not seen it, but I'll give it a watch.
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
tell me what you think about it :D
Martin
Martin
Oml thank you so much for the recommendation. Its my new favorite film!

It's not a sad story, but it was so touching that I couldn't help but cry as I watched it. It is precisely the kind of movie I like most, and it was just so perfectly executed pthat it has taken a very important place in my heart.
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
glad to hear that you liked it ^^ did you ever watch "The Girl who leapt through time?" It's a very good film and it's sad as well (at least to me xD)
eden
eden
Hi i'm a fellow anime watcher and i want to confirm that erased is really good. And ive been wantibg to follow you anyway for a good while! Good user imo
Martin
Martin
@Sunny I freaking love Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (although ERASED makes no sense as the English name as it's Japanese name translates roughly to "The Town Where Only I am Missing" which is rlly cool+makes so much sense unlike ERASED)! People rat on how the killer was obvious despite it being a mystery show, but given the style in which the manga was written and given the way that the anime pans out and is directed I think that this was a deliberate touch by the author to both highlight Satoru's closed-mindedness and ultimately that he is very immature despite being an adult (I relate to this immensely as I'm v. immature/chuldish for my age, even though being 18 and 2 days old hardly counts as being an adult beyond legal technicalities). I think that you can only really pick up on the deliberatenenss of this obviousness if you do what I did where I re-watched the series three or four times as it aired and picked up on more and more stuff every time I watched and also reading the manga is a big help here as it really lets you get into the mangaka's head as you read+there are a few scenes which are really important for building up Katagiri's importance and complexity as a character, which you simply don't get with the adaptation due to losing those scenes, while also helping build up a very slight understanding of the nature of revival. (Character limit)