GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Is this from the visual dictionary?
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
No, the novelization. They are the greatest of all time oml
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
I read a 1970s novelization of star wars iv and was incredibly disappointed, I don't think the guy did a very good job. Maybe this is the one you are actually referring too. But in general I like novelizations
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Death amended the flight plan
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I just saw it in Barnes and Noble but I don't know when it was published. I haven't read many novelizations but I don't know why you'd prefer to read it over watching the movie though. I guess when you are somewhere where you can't watch a movie.

I did like the Revenge of the Sith novelization because they filled some stuff in that wasn't explained in the movie.
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
exactly. I gave a negative book report (the only one I have ever given actually) on that novelization, because it felt like it added absolutely nothing to the series. It was super dry too, stuff like "The superlaser beam shot out of the death star into alderann. The planet exploded as Princess Leia looked on in silence".

That was in middle school tho, and anyway I don't remember TOO much but the one thing I did remember was the scene were that 1 dude tells moff tarkin that they found an abandoned base on dantooine, and it was sooo bad in this novelization. Nothing added, just literally this http://puu.sh/pez2Z/00a4360038.png copied from the script. Except I distinctly remember it said "Terminate her immediately!" not "Terminate her. Immediately." which is such a departure of the mood.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
speaking of which, why did they decide to terminate her immediately instead of trying to torture the location out of her even more. like come on man there are only so many planets she can lie about, don't give up so easily
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Hmm. I guess it's because they already DID blow up her planet, and the torture wasn't working. That was their highest bid by tarkin. I guess she called the "bluff", but he went through it anyway. He realized she'd won at that point.

Actually, thinking about it, the line "but alderann is a peaceful system, we have no weapons" and "you would prefer a different location for a demonstration? A military target? Then _name the system_!" because it showed that his plan was multi-layered and he had a response ready to go for her pleading.
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
the line "XXXX" is really good because, forgot to type
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
XXXX? huh
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Actually, thinking about it, the line "but alderann is a peaceful system, we have no weapons" and "you would prefer a different location for a demonstration? A military target? Then _name the system_!" is really good because it showed that his plan was multi-layered and he had a response ready to go for her pleading.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
wtf is XXXX supposed to mean?
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
it was just a placeholder for that sentence because i didnt feel like typing it all out again