Smogon Forums

GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
monster didn'tw rok for me, but the first one is retarded af lmaooo, you choose 5 numbers and then the "choose a house" thing directly tells the computer what number you chose. Almost all the nubmers that were a color before change color; it completely narrows it down
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Weird, did you disable flash or something or have noscript on

Anyway yeah that's it. The "select a color" thing and the "select a crystal ball" thing are just red herrings. The three doors thing is a red herring too, because it is a computer program. So they can just put the number behind the door when you click it.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Monster number one is basically: you pick a 2 digit number, add the two digits together and then subtract from the original number. Then find the symbol that corresponds to that number and then the Monster guesses it. The trick is that every time you do that, it is a number that is divisible by 9, so they make all multiples of 9 that symbol.

What throws off people is that every time you do it, they switch up which symbols go to which numbers, so it will give you a different symbol each time. But all the numbers divisible by 9 will share a symbol, even if that symbol changes between rounds.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Alternate answer for the first one: at the beginning they tell you to say it twice, which is because they hijack your mic and record it so they know
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
hmm i must have done the math wrong on monster
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
o yeah i forgot to subtract, lol, that one is actually quick clever. Silly 9s
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
9s are so special. I remember learning a bunch of 9s multiplication tricks in elementary

the one I always use is "subtract 1 from the number you are multiplying by 9, then find the number that adds to it to get 9." so like if you are doing 9 x 6, you would have 5 and then 5 + 4 = 9 so you have 54.

But people say that is too complicated

the other trick is you put out all 10 fingers and then count the number you are multiplying by and put that finger down. Then the numbers on the right and left of that finger are your digits
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
for example if you had 9 x 6, you would put down your 6th finger. So you'd have 5 fingers on one side and 4 on the other, so 54
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
in all honestly, most math is pretty cool like this. 7s do some weird stuff too as well as 11
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
and don't forget, 3 is a magic number
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
man, this movie was so good even if the premise was totally implausible

you know they made a tv show based on it now on nickelodeon? apparently they are the same characters but they are all obviously recasted so they look nothing like the ones in the movie. The main guy does a good Jack Black impersonation though for sure
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
i dont know whether to celebrate or demean that
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
it's an alright show
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Lol, yeah I did it again and wrote down the 5 colors of the same number. When you get to the house stage, each number of the same color is in a different house. So in basically 2 moves you narrow it down to that one choice.
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Cheating
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I mean is it really?
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
the whole thing is a trick so.
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Yeah the computer cheats