Smogon Forums

Finchinator
Finchinator
i feel like poetry is partially a medium of self-satisfaction and expression. therefore, having others rate you could detract from the intended meaning and significance of each work. sometimes, it can simply be that the poem is missing something fundamental or can be improved somewhat without losing anything, in which cases a second mind is better than just one, but other times it takes it away from the individual who wrote it and, therefore, makes the poem less fulfilling.
Finchinator
Finchinator
i guess if someone wants their poem to be "rated" they can ask and people - including myself - will give their two cents, but i wouldn't necessarily make it a big deal or a thread
Finchinator
Finchinator
also, thank you
Drangonn.
Drangonn.
I don't mean it like rate my team, I mean it as in "I like this, what route did you intend to go with it?" and wee if that affect was tangible to the readers. That way, authors will know if they want to write a more melancholy poem, let's say, that they should or should not change this or tweak that a bit for it to have the intended effect.
Drangonn.
Drangonn.
*see if that affect
Finchinator
Finchinator
ah i see, that's interesting. i would promote such an idea, but i'm not entirely sure if it should be something we should try to enforce or simply just go with the flow and if someone wants to progressively pick it up, then it'll happen (the latter seems ideal to me, but that's just me). i feel like this gives a unique, otherwise untapped perspective that actually could be quite rewarding and explanatory
Drangonn.
Drangonn.
I mean, you could just expand the existing poetry thread in cong (if that's possible) to explicitly say "yes, if you want to do this, you can do it here"
Finchinator
Finchinator
i suppose - i'm relatively busy now and for the rest of the day, so if you want to get it going then go ahead. if not, i will tomorrow if i remember - kind of a busy day for me, so if you want to prompt/remind me, feel free to lol :x