Smogon Forums

Shrug
Shrug
im unsure, maybe they havent posted about it? i was enjoying it and should post again
shaian
shaian
hmm probably, i'll probably post more since i read quite a few books during my ban. also since you seem interested in the political correctness thread here are some interesting reads that are tangentially related to the topic:

Eugene Volok's piece, "The Trouble With Public Discourse" from Virginia Law Review 97 --> http://virginialawreview.org/sites/virginialawreview.org/files/567.pdf

and

Saul Newman's "The Place of Power in Political Discourse" --> https://www.jstor.org/stable/1601674?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

I'd love to give my thoughts but i made a promise to not post anything inflammatory that could get me banned and the current state of that thread is making me hesitant to do so
shaian
shaian
bonus points tho:

that 2nd piece actually ties in to what id like to post in the election thread regarding that "wont defend some nato states" and the response(s) i got but again, avoiding that thread like the plague
Shrug
Shrug
those are p girthy so i'll give them a read tomorrow, i should prolly relax a bit aswell given i think im still infracted but im not sure. it just makes me actually mad and upset that people consider the (Very select) stretching of the definition of hate speech in certain places that infringes on their public right to spout whatever bullshit more important as an issue and problematic than the actual victims of the hate speech (+ hate actions) they seem to defend. this of course relates to privilege (which is a part of power, which might be what i mean) but u cannot say that without the same people just freaking the fuck out and making your situation worse; the idea of anything disputing them being "pc" has swiftly and viciously supported the "media is left-wing" bias idea promulgated by rush limbaugh et al to form a circle around their ideas: anything that disputes reactionary thinking with logic must come from a biased source, that bias being found in now everyone because everyone has a greater platform to share views. the current posters in those threads make me long for stratos's days as conservative in cong tbh, dire times indeed
shaian
shaian
yeah having keith around made that thread much more interesting because even though we disagree politically he at least acknowledges where his gaps in knowledge are and is open to explanation, and more importantly, that people can disagree with him without being paid shills. speaking of which, im just waiting to get called that again....
shaian
shaian
and can we agree that shill is, at least, a top 5 most worst words to hear during a discussion because it really, really is
Shrug
Shrug
yea, it's a terrible argument and it's offensive, like im mad to hear it. whats funny imo is if u lived in the u.s you'd be a sanders voter (im pretty sure), one who thinks hes to the right of you (i seem to recall)? and somehow you're being paid by the clinton global initiative to write posts for her in cong