Smogon Forums

Hulavuta
Hulavuta
1. Why did you make a new comment instead of replying

2. I actually don't get this one, can you show me how smart you are and explain
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
1. I posted this before i saw you replied

2. In old burma shave ads on the side of the highway, it would follow a 4-pattern rhyming scheme. Original memes, before the internet took over. It's kind of nice to see that kind of quiet, off-hand reference in a comic. Where here the joke is that twitter 140 characters is forcing us to conform to the old ways of advertising. Knowing burma-shave is prerequisite for understanding the joke, not just the joke itself. An example of a reference being a joke itself is "what about the trash compactor" in ep VII
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
ok I kinda like it now. it was a nice rhyme
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
this one's my favorite: https://xkcd.com/435/ I like to tell it to my mom every now and then because she is a math teacher and agrees with the sentiment. She is very forgetful too so I get a genuine laugh each time.
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
P good

But even this is smarmy, "Oh yes math is the purest science, exquisite". It just encourages people to post this to show how ebic they see
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Your mom sounds super cool btw, gimme her digits
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Well I mean when I say "she agrees with the sentiment" I mean like she literally just thinks math is the foundation of everything which it is. She is not funny about it though.

Anyway I think it is fine because it is kind of laughing at the pretentiousness of these scientists, not really being that pretentious itself.

My mom doesn't actually like Joe Biden btw I misheard
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
ur mom isn't cool then, i only date joe biden fans :sunglasses: