Smogon Forums

kamikaze
kamikaze
he literally got forced into that duel with Kaiba for the remaining 2 pieces of the millenium puzzle that Kaiba was missing and Yugi happened to have. The movie is about Kaiba's obsession with Atem and wanting to use the millenium puzzle to bring him back.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
oh, so it takes place after the end of the series?
kamikaze
kamikaze
yea after Atem goes through the gate and leaves Yugi
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
So when exactly was Bonds Beyond Time supposed to take place
kamikaze
kamikaze
apparently i forgot to answer but straight from yugioh wiki...
"Unlike the previous movie, this movie is canon to the anime series, taking place before the events of the Crash Town arc in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, as well as Paradox being revealed to have been sent by Z-one.[5][6] The movie is also shown to take place after episode 80 of 5D's, as Bruno (whom Yusei did not meet until 80) was shown as one of the people Yusei was thinking about near the end of the Duel with Paradox."
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
oh yeah, I just read the Wiki page. Apparently there are connections to this in 5Ds, I never saw the whole thing :(
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
interesting how all the movies come out about 5-6 years from each other
kamikaze
kamikaze
wait you didnt know paradox was one of zone's allies? the movie got released whilr 5d's was still running and it was pretty cool thst they connected it to canon
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I never watched 5Ds tbh
kamikaze
kamikaze
you missed out. prob my favorite series overall. just dont let the card games on motorcycles memes deter you