kumiko
kumiko
rem from re:zero
feen
feen
aka best girl
col49
col49
jus finished the first season. 5/10, would bump to a strong 7 - light 8 if they trimmed shounen overtones and made heavy rewrites to ep 13-18
feen
feen
EPISODE 18 WAS THE BEST EPISODE SHUT UP
col49
col49
deffo. the climax to "let's have the mc become a dumb ape that forgot how his own powers work to progress the plot and get the edgy scenes in" was my fave
feen
feen
lmao ya Subaru's character should have been better
kumiko
kumiko
a lot better.
kumiko
kumiko
18 was rem x subaru, right?

i really disliked that whole timeline. from the time he did the shit at the mansion or w/e to the time rem confessed to him was all dumb
col49
col49
like, it actually frustrated me, cuz they exhibited a level of procedural grasp on the time leap concept I wouldn't expect from a source like this, and then they nosedived so hard
col49
col49
as a whole, I dislike "shounen cheese", but I was able to dismiss it in the mansion loop b.c it showed the mc taking a really logical and gripping approach to the situation. something they totally 180 in 13-18
kumiko
kumiko
from a practical standpoint, nothing presented really posed a threat to subaru himself. if something went wrong, he could restart. early on he figured out there wasn't a "limit" on restarts or at least hasn't found it yet, so there had to be some sort of challenge to him that would actually detrimental. so they made the threat himself and fucking things over with those he cared for.
col49
col49
and mal has the average rating for this at, like, 8.75? uncultured swine, this why I h8 weebs lmao
col49
col49
yeah, I found the systematic approach he took in setting up an ideal ending really nice, and w/the third loop it just panned it all under the pretext of emotional scarring, which was bs b.c he had experienced shit like he did then in past loops already
kumiko
kumiko
what did u think of the ending