Smogon Forums

Mounts
Mounts
Tintin is awesome man :D Professeur Tournesol and especially Capitaine Haddock are some of the best fiction characters ever made imo :D
Drangonn.
Drangonn.
indeed :D

if I may ask, do you have a favorite? (i.e., cigars of the pharaoh, golden crab, etc.)
Mounts
Mounts
"Red Rackham's Treasure" (i don't know if it's the exact english title) was the first Tintin i read so it has a special place in my heart, i really like the Moon adventures and "The Tournesol Case" as well. "7 crystal balls" always made me shiver, man that inca dude is so scary :o
Drangonn.
Drangonn.
it is the exact title!

I remember I had nightmares about the seven crystal balls, and yea the scene at the window where that ghoul throws the crystal ball still creeps me out :O

I like the moon adventures too, but it's kinda sad, especially for a tintin story - especially what happened to frank wolfe.
Mounts
Mounts
yep it's true that frank wolfe's fate is tragic but it gives the story more power although it really hurts to see an ordinary character like him pay such a harsh price for his addiction to gambling. i don't know if you read them but there are several books explaining how Herge created his characters or imagined his plots, it's really impressive to see how close he was to the future when you compare the rocket in the Moon series and the rocket which flew Buzz Aldrin & Neil Armstrong to the moon. I'm so glad I found someone else enjoying Tintin :D
Drangonn.
Drangonn.
I also meant to ask you, have you seen the adapted CDs of tintin?
Mounts
Mounts
no i haven't :( i only saw a few Tintin cartoons but except the Moon series, they didn't left me noteworthy memories :(
Mounts
Mounts
are the cds good ?
Drangonn.
Drangonn.
yea, they are! I first saw them when I was a kid, and I'd sit in front of them for hours. They had almost all of them. They're out of commission now (they're like 30 years old) but they were what got me into tintin. You're not really missing anything by not watching them, but if you do happen to get your hands on some you should definitely watch them!