Smogon Forums

FellFromtheSky
FellFromtheSky
What ghost types though?!
Cretacerus
Cretacerus
There is a severe lack of interesting Rock types in Alola..
FellFromtheSky
FellFromtheSky
lol. Apparently UB01 is Rock/Poison.
FellFromtheSky
FellFromtheSky
btw, are you planning on participating for the final edition of JAPE?
Cretacerus
Cretacerus
Probably not, since I usually take way to long to write up my parts. x_X
FellFromtheSky
FellFromtheSky
Shame that. Well, it'll be fun regardless.
Cretacerus
Cretacerus
Marowak is already confirmed on my team, and it actually mitigates the lack of fossil Pokemon at least somewhat. Rowlet is my most likely starter choice at the moment. And then we have the sand castle Pokemon, which seems to be really good ingame with its coverage and reliable recovery, and is at least Ground type (close enough to Rock).
FellFromtheSky
FellFromtheSky
lol. No UB01? It's a rock type. I'm pretty sure it's because Rock=Sand=Glass for some reason.
Cretacerus
Cretacerus
And for the forth team member, I think you'll agree that Mimikyu is absolutely adorable. ^^
FellFromtheSky
FellFromtheSky
Well, it has its own theme song. I think that warrants some attention in and of itself.
Cretacerus
Cretacerus
"... I'm not Pikachu, I'm Mimikyu! :3"
FellFromtheSky
FellFromtheSky
FellFromtheSky
FellFromtheSky
Oh! And what about Lycanroc?
Cretacerus
Cretacerus
Lycanroc looks cool, but it's not really my style. I prefer the traditional reptilian and tankish base of many rock types.
FellFromtheSky
FellFromtheSky
Essentially, you want a dinosaur.
Cretacerus
Cretacerus
And please, don't start on Ultra Beasts. They sum up everything people ever feared about GameFreak taking the wrong routes with new designs: humanoid, robotic, overdesigned, impractical, unnatural, soulless..
Cretacerus
Cretacerus
Well ... yeah.
FellFromtheSky
FellFromtheSky
I see what you mean about the UBs; They're all a bit... eep. Though I have a feeling they're designs are rather story related (I stumbled upon a huge spoiler the other day).
FellFromtheSky
FellFromtheSky
Also, your description of the Ultra Beasts eerily reminds me of a friend's criticism of abstraction in art.
Cretacerus
Cretacerus
Yeah, I guess they'd be alright for story-related purposes, especially if they are associated with unnatural origins. But they're nothing for my team.