Smogon Forums

shaian
shaian
first: I've always found it ironic that there's actually people in the world who believe the way to end racism, sexism, and other forms of prejudice is to not grapple with identity politics (which explicitly makes race, sex, and other attributes relevant when they should not be). It's the kind of cognitive dissonence that forces you to sit down and question whether they're completely insane, or you are.

I haven't ruled out both.
shaian
shaian
see the beauty of that original post was that the OP somehow believes that by doing *nothing* we can overcome demographic marginalization which exist both in implicit social biases, but also in many ways, systematic disenfranchisements. now, if we were to explore the academic world of (((identity politics))) and not just the internet exclusive (but apparently creeping into the real world?) backlash towards social justice we would see that there are reasons to explore the nature of identity politics in order to identify and address the biases which lead to the initial issue of prejudice. but according to his user, to do so is a kind of cognitive dissonance and that the real solution is to not do anything!

i for one can't wait to see this users groundbreaking work in sociology!
Shrug
Shrug
(((identity politics))) is gold