Smogon Forums

Sapphire.
Sapphire.
ikr!! which ones are you deciding xD
Brandon
Brandon
I've only managed to narrow it down to ASL/Spanish/German/French/Italian in no particular order
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
haha yea im gonna learn either german or french. probably german because a lot of german people are really good looking hahaha xP but i like french culture more (especially foods and stuff) such a plight!
Brandon
Brandon
It's a war of practicality versus what I want to do ;_;
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
well, which one do you think you'd ever use? personally I think ASL is very cool but it's not common to find deaf people :c and for spanish, i think honestly it's the most "practical" language (in the states at least) and german and french are good only if you plan to do international things. french is more widely spoken so there's that, but german is useful because germany is like becoming a really attractive country for future investors and stuff. idk about italy but i think the economic status there isn't great so not very viable although it is a beautiful language (like most languages, they're all very beautiful!) :P
Brandon
Brandon
Yeah, I'm highly mixed because I'd love to move out of the country tbh, but I also see myself in the country. I really want to have a moment dawn on me so I can decide xD
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
― Dr. Seuss
Brandon
Brandon
I'll probably feel really dumb after I make my decision for being so indecisive.
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
same i am quite indecisive :p But you can learn ALL of them to counter your indecisiveness :DDDD
Brandon
Brandon
I don't have that much time in university. I'm out in 3 years (this year obviously being one of them), and my other two years I want to take the language all the way through so that I can be more proficient in it.
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
yeah obviously it was a joke. xD but just because you dont have much time in uni doesn't mean you dont have much time in life :P so you can do it even after uni, just sign up for some language classes or something too or get a tutor/teacher. at least that's what i hope to do!
Brandon
Brandon
Yeah! It's my goal to know 3 languages fluently by the time I die, so we'll have to see how well I do at that.
Sapphire.
Sapphire.
haha my goal is to be fluent in 4 :P I already know 2