Smogon Forums

Hulavuta
Hulavuta
You can't beat me AND the poison!
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
" We were right. (Also Aiwei, didn’t see THAT coming!)"

no you fucking mongoloid, clearly. You don't fucking SEE IT COMING that somebody is gay/whatever. Big shock that you slobber and drool over the fact that more gay characters™ exist!!!!!!!!!!! but don't realize that a character can bone anybody they want without it being a defining trait of their actual personality. What does he want, aiwei to be a flaming cock lover with giant feathers and a high pitched voice???? would he see it coming then??????? Fuck man
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Are those your own thoughts
GatoDelFuego
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Yeah, but I think if say, you felt like characters were being underrepresented or "hidden" because of it, wouldn't you want to celebrate when they exist. It's just a natural reaction to the action until it eventually becomes "normal" and not noteworthy. Which I don't think will be ever
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
please clap
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
for real though what do you feel about that. don't you find it kind of interesting if people fight against gay characters being in stuff but then when the characters are in they are like "why is it such a big deal. nobody really cares. just don't call attention to it" know what i mean. not that I personally feel this way but that is the mindset.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
are you sensitive
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
I think that's two people on the same "side" but with different opinions about it. But I really really hate virtue signaling. Like it's pretty obvious when a company is like press release: attention everyone, we have a gay character in this movie. Cause obviously your motive for creating that character was to be cool.

But that's the interesting paradox: how can you create a "good" gay character that is both intrinsically gay but doesn't bring up the fact that they are gay?
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Same way you don't have the "pretty good...for a girl..." thing

The problem is, no matter how subtle you do it in the work itself, people will talk about it so it will become a big deal. I think there is no way to get around this until it becomes mainstream, but I don't think it can be mainstream until it gets around this. So it is a difficult situation. I think it will be definitely harder than the female heroes thing though, I always felt like that was more acceptable.
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Same, I fucking want to puke every time a game has "female protagonist" tagged on steam; are u trying to say female protagonists are abnormal???? ugh