Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Shadow is a punk-ass fool
Typhlito
Typhlito
But hes edgy!
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
But is he a COMBINATION of two powerful digimon who are themselves a COMBINATION of like 5 or 6 powerful digimon each??????
Typhlito
Typhlito
So it's a power ranger? Cool!
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Yeah but an evil one
Typhlito
Typhlito
That's cute
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Well Digimon and Power Rangers are both licensed by Saban after all
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
do you actually like power rangers btw
Typhlito
Typhlito
Oh really? Never knew that. Watched both sometimes when I was a kid and now that you mention it, I could see some similarities hah.
Typhlito
Typhlito
It's alright. I'm kinda indifferent
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
lol well Digimon wasn't made by Saban, just dubbed/localized by them. I guess you could say Power Rangers wasn't made by Saban either, since they took the idea from Super Sentai and used Japanese stock footage for the fighting. But yeah I guess there is a similar tone and similarities in the kinds of properties they chose to adapt for kids
Typhlito
Typhlito
Oh that's interesting. It makes sense since monster friends and robots were the rage back then
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Yep. Actually a lot of things Saban/Fox did with Digimon was in response to Pokemon since they were rivals. Like "Digimon" the movie which was actually a bastardization of 3 movies that were combined even though they weren't supposed to go together lol
Typhlito
Typhlito
Oh really? I would imagine the movie ended up rushing through every event then. Even monster rancher tried keeping up with their games and anime but they fell off unfortunately. pokemon was just too dominant in the metagame.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
It kinda sorta did, haha. Well the movies weren't all that long, which is why they had to put three together. And they had to add a new subplot (and take one out) to make the stories connected when they weren't really.

And yeah Pokemon too stronk! but of course I love Pokemon anyway so that's not such a bad thing. In fact I think it can be somewhat of a good thing for something to not be as popular anymore, they don't have to sell out (as much) for example. And you don't have to deal with filthy casuals either
Typhlito
Typhlito
Lol thats a good way of looking at it. Although it would be nice if they were at least a little relevant. Ah well