Smogon Forums

Hulavuta
Hulavuta
I hate to shit on you but this is one of the oldest explanations of all time
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
you know though actually in the old continuity, it was canon that the shipment of guns to the death star was defective as a prank so they always miss. that's not canon anymore though
Typhlito
Typhlito
Oh really? Don't mind me lol. Never looked into it until now. That second thing is interesting though. So if that was the case, they wanted the death star to blow up?
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
nah, Darth Vader didn't know who Luke was until after he blew up the Death Star. The first time they let them go, it was to lead them to the rebel base so they could blow it up with the Death Star, but they ended up getting blown up instead.

After the Death Star was destroyed, Darth Vader found out that Luke was the one who did it so then he wanted to get him. So yeah at Cloud City at least, the Stormtroopers (and Boba Fett) were on orders to just lead Luke into the freezing carbonite room, rather than killing him.
Typhlito
Typhlito
Ohh ok I get it now. When you was talking about the guns, I was thinking of all the torrents that was shooting at the group right before it blew up. But then again Vader was trying to stop them so guess that way of thinking didn't make sense lol.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
by torrents do you mean turrets
Typhlito
Typhlito
Bad spell check is bad