Smogon Forums

Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Some of the Marvel stuff, yeah I can see because it's so overt about it. But I think it came to my attention when this guy was saying that Kim Possible of all things was feminist propaganda that made all the female characters perfect and all the male characters incompetent. It was just striking because the show is so old, really before any of the current SJW/pC stuff was in the public eye, and the last thing I would ever consider political. Like I would never dislike Kim Possible for that reason, nor did I think it had any ill effects. I think the big thing is that it comes down to *interpretation* which is what people got upset at SJWs for. When the offense they took really relied on overthinking an interpretation of something. But now people who vehemently fight against SJWs are doing the same thing, just for the opposite position.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
The guy mentioned Mad Max Fury Road (one of the best movies of all time) and Remember The Titans (literally the best movie of all time) too. Like it's crazy, it seems like everything that comes out nowadays has to consciously decide if it's going to be PC or non-PC.

And it's crazy because now people are reaching back (like with Remember The Titans and Kim Possible) and looking at old things through this lens too, even though they were not aware of this at all.

Yeah, things have themes that can be political and need to be addressed. But it's like now completely innocuous things can have themes drawn from them through very loose interpretations, which then becomes an attributed motive and therefore bad and propaganda. Pretty crazy.
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Yes, I 100% agree. I think it's because sjwish is starting to eat itself and not be blindly accepted (see: Ghostbusters, bill maher, ppl are starting to get tired of protesting). Now right wing stuff has a massive chip on its shoulder that it's grasping at straws to keep the "movement" strong
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Btw I have an article I saw this afternoon that sort of is related
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Definitely feel that way, about the chip on the shoulder thing. I honestly felt that way too for a while but I was thinking maybe I was getting too much into ideology rather than just personal character.

It is interesting how these things go in cycles though. Just a few decades ago, the right with soccer moms and moral guardians were the ones that got offended and censored things, and the left pushing for free speech.

also I don't know how that article is related

also are you saying Bill Maher is SJW?
GatoDelFuego
GatoDelFuego
Bill maher is a notorious free spirit, hosted milo and just said radial shoslur on tv. Hates new left

Idk, it reminded me cause when I saw it I thought"wtf??? Mras protested fury road???"