Smogon Forums

Pinkacross
Pinkacross
Very cool team! The truth is, you can't possibly support Nihi Rilla Kart Zone. There are no 2 mons in the game that dont leave gaping holes in such a team structure. The best fix here though is definitely physdef Mandibuzz over Zapdos. It swaps into Dragapult shadow ball (although since you have no fairies I recommend adding enough SpDef to live 1.5 Dracos with Mandibuzz so it can swap it.
Pinkacross
Pinkacross
It also walls Tapu Lele alongside nihi if you predict right. It also helps vs Marowak, although TR is uncommon and bad. I hope this helps. :)
rcklssoptmsm
rcklssoptmsm
thanks for the input!! are there any other swaps you'd recommend making so that the last 2 dont leave such gaping holes? even if it means swapping more than one out lol. i still think nihilego and magnezone is probably a nice combo considering nihilego can't do much against steels, with pert for heatran. i just liked rilla for the grassy terrain support and kart felt like a natural addition. what do u think?
Pinkacross
Pinkacross
Without significantly changing the structure of the team, I think the Mandibuzz version is optimal. As for Nihilego Magnezone Swampert as a core, I'm not sure what would work well, perhaps a hail core.
rcklssoptmsm
rcklssoptmsm
ok thanks!! mandibuzz is actually working really well so far... lele is still annoying but it handles the other threats i mentioned pretty well, and with some predicting lele is easier to handle as well thanks to the psychic immunity. if its not too much trouble what are the "gaping holes" you still see with mandibuzz added? regardless the help is much appreciated :)