CaP Revision - Revenankh: Part 2: Stat Revision Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Code:
[U][B]            Stats        Movepool        Ability
[/B][/U]yes...........22............09..............09
no............07............17..............19
abs...........01............04..............03
Since Stats won the previous poll with over 50% approval, I will now be taking submissions for how we should lower Revenank's stats. Please make your submissions easy to read and understand; and I would like everyone to bold their submissions as well. Out of the submissions I will pick a handful to be voted on in the next poll. Discussion is obviously very encouraged.

I would like to remind everyone that, as per the process suggested by Eric the Espeon, after we make the stat changes we will once again vote to see if movepool/ability should be changed. I realize this is tedious (probably better than anyone, since I make the OP's), but I feel that it is the best choice in terms of both quality and time.

Revenankh Reference: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...22&postcount=5

Thanks guys!

Revenankh:

90 HP / 105 Attack / 90 Defense / 65 Sp. Attack / 110 Sp. Defense / 65 Speed
Total Base Stats = 525

Physical Sweepines 122
Rank 2: Moderately good
Physical Tankiness 125
Special Sweepines 83
Rank -2: Moderately bad
Special Tankiness 148
Rank 4: Very good

Offensive/Defensive Balence: -10.6 Moderate bias to Defence
Physical/Special Balence: 12.2 Moderate bias to Physical

Overall Rating: 300
Very Good (Low end of this though, one point lower and it would be "Quite Good")

About the part mention Eric's idea, are we going to test and see if the improvement towards the Pokemon worked before voting for if movepool/ability should be changed?

About the part mention Eric's idea, are we going to test and see if the improvement towards the Pokemon worked before voting for if movepool/ability should be changed?
Yeah, that's important. I don't think it's useful to run another poll without knowing if the stat changes are enough.

Spread:

90 HP / 105 Attack / 90 Defense / 65 Sp. Attack / 100 Sp. Defense
/ 65 Speed

Same as original spread, however the Sp. Defense has been dropped 10 points. This gives Revenankh some vulnerability to Sp. Attacks, and not so much of a nearly unstoppable force after 2-3 Bulk Ups.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You may want to put Rev's full stat info in the OP for reference.

90 HP / 105 Attack / 90 Defense / 65 Sp. Attack / 110 Sp. Defense / 65 Speed
Total Base Stats = 525

Physical Sweepines 122
Physical Tankiness 125
Special Sweepines 83
Rank -2: Moderately bad
Special Tankiness 148
Rank 4: Very good

Offensive/Defensive Balence: -10.6 Moderate bias to Defence
Physical/Special Balence: 12.2 Moderate bias to Physical

Overall Rating: 300
Very Good (Low end of this though, one point lower and it would be "Quite Good")

Dropping 10 SpD points makes Rev lose 26 overall points and 11 from Special Tankiness.
I would like to see calcs for a few Pokemon before we pick what to do with Rev.

Edit: Yay, 1700th post!

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While I would like to say yes, this simply isn't feasible. So few people play CaP that results would be hard to come by, and even when we got them they wouldn't be reliable. If we had as many battles as the Smogon Server then testing might be useful, but as it stands now, testing would be just a waste of time. We would have to wait at least a month for the metagame to settle, and before then the new CaP would be released anyway, throwing a wrench in the whole thing.

So no, we aren't going to be doing any testing.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

There. It might make it a really fucking good physical tank, but now it's pretty vulnerable on the special side.

Final spread:

HP: 90 / Attack: 105 / Defense: 110 / Sp. Attack: 65 / Sp. Defense: 90 / Speed: 65

90 / 105 / 110 / 65 / 90 / 65

Perhaps we could do some damage calcs to get the most utilitarian numbers?

Revenankh, as he is now, can be substituted with a Slowking with 212 HP EVs instead of 252 in MetalKid's calculator. I just ran some quick numbers off of a powerful neutral hitting Special move to make this easier.

A Modest Choice Specs Salamence using Draco Meteor on Careful Revenankh with 252 HP and 136 SpD does
69.79%-82.29%

Take it down to Politoed level (90HP 100SpD), with the same EVs, and it becomes
75%-88.28%

For it to even have a chance to 1hko, you'd have to go to Arcanine stats (90HP 80SpD)

Using Pokemon analogues, perhaps someone could do some calcs with more relevant moves and Pokemon. Find out what key players can score from a 3hko to a 2hko?

I can do damage calculation of every special attack within OU if you like, but I prefer if you tell me which OU beast you truly want to know. I did a few right now and see if they're useful. Just something silly, you would need 498 special attack to 2HKO Revvy with an unstabbed Psychic 100% of the time.

While I would like to say yes, this simply isn't feasible. So few people play CaP that results would be hard to come by, and even when we got them they wouldn't be reliable. If we had as many battles as the Smogon Server then testing might be useful, but as it stands now, testing would be just a waste of time. We would have to wait at least a month for the metagame to settle, and before then the new CaP would be released anyway, throwing a wrench in the whole thing.
The disadvantages of being an altered server, not enough great battlers to test and see if our changes actually did something. I only suggested it because it seem weird to do another poll when we don't even know if the first change actually did something good.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
LO/Specs Starmie Psychic, SpecsMence Dragon Pulse (DM weakens and a clever player will rest on turn 1, DP is better), Celebi Psychic, Cressy Psychic...

Some with Heatran and Syclant maybe?

Those would be most interesting IMO

And use Max/Max+ Revenankh.

Thanks for offering GT!

Took your suggestion Eric and here they are. Using a 252/252 Careful Revvy for these calcs, hope you like them.

Salamence
Code:
SpecMence using Dragon Pulse: [B]37.76% - 44.79%[/B]
Starmie
Code:
Modest SpecStar using Psychic on a 252/252+ Revvy: [B]70.83% - 84.38%[/B]
Timid SpecStar: [B]64.58% - 76.56%[/B]
Modest Life Orb version: [B]61.46% - 72.4%[/B]
Timid Life Orb: [B]56.25% - 66.15%[/B]
Celebi
Code:
Timid Life Orb Celebi's Psychic: [B]56.25% - 66.15%[/B]
Timid SpecBi Psychic: [B]64.58% - 76.56%[/B]
Modest SpecBi: [B]70.83% - 84.38%[/B]
Cresseila
Code:
Support Cressy: [B]39.58% - 46.88%[/B]
Calm Mind version: [B]35.94% - 42.71%[/B]
Heatran
Code:
Modest SpecTran using Fire Blast: [B]57.03% - 67.19%[/B]
Timid SpecTran using Fire Blast: [B]51.56% - 60.94%[/B]
Modest ScarfTran Fire Blast: [B]37.76% - 44.79%[/B]
Timid ScarfTran Fire Blast: [B]34.64% - 40.89%[/B]
Syclant
Code:
Timid Life Orb Ant's Ice Beam: [B]37.5% - 44.01%[/B]
Blizzard: [B]47.14% - 55.73%[/B]
SpecAnt's Ice Beam: [B]42.97% - 50.78%[/B]
Blizzard: [B]53.91% - 63.54%[/B]

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Spread:

90 HP / 105 Attack / 90 Defense / 65 Sp. Attack / 100 Sp. Defense
/ 65 Speed

Same as original spread, however the Sp. Defense has been dropped 10 points. This gives Revenankh some vulnerability to Sp. Attacks, and not so much of a nearly unstoppable force after 2-3 Bulk Ups.
I was going to submit this, but I was beaten. Ah well. I think that this is the best approach to this, rather than switching defense and special defense.

How low would Rev's SpD have to be in order for Modest SpecStar to 1hko with Psychic 100% of the time?
248 or 106 base special defense without EVs.

Eric asked me to do some calcs using 100 base special defense instead. Only doing a few at the moment.

Celebi
Code:
Life Orb Set: [B]59.9% - 70.83%[/B]
Modest Spec set: [B]75.52% - 89.58%[/B]
Timid Spec set: [B]69.27% - 81.77%[/B]
Starmie
Code:
Modest Spec Set: [B]75.52% - 89.58%
[/B]Timid Spec set: [B]69.27% - 81.77%
[/B]Modest Life Orb set: [B]66.15% - 78.13%[/B]
Timid Life Orb set: [B]59.9% - 70.83%[/B]
Cresseila
Code:
Support Set: [B]42.19% - 50%[/B]
Calm Mind set: [B]39.06% - 45.83%[/B]
Salamence
Code:
SpecMence: [B]40.63% - 47.92%[/B]

TAY

You and I Know
Sorry for the delay in getting the next thread up; I have had some stuff to deal with in real life that demanded attention (mostly relating to school starting).

I will be posting the new threads late tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)