New and "creative" moveset/EV spread thread. Mk. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laught if you want, here's a set for my favouritee pokemon... whatever.

Read it if you want some coolness points, lol.

Shiny Ledian (F) @ Light Clay ** Starfire
Trait: Early Bird
EVs: 240 HP / 124 Def / 8 Spd / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Encore / Toxic /Knock off
- Light Screen
- Reflect / Toxic / Knock off
- Rest

Speed to outspeed other pokemon with same base speed like Suicune or Cresselia (If you're like me, playing NU against OU)

Similar to Support ledian from analysis, but with Early Bird, different EVs and somewhat different moveset.

EVs distribution makes you take 2 Stealth rock damage and surviving with 1 HP (It sucks anyway, SR are so broken, but that's another topic) Also, they help you to take fighting attacks (ledian resist them x4, but without physical defense EVs it won't be that useful)

Rest VS Roost

Roost guarantees a instant 50% recovery, that's basically 100% hp recovery in 2 turns (1 rest with 1 turn sleep), but Rest cures status like poison, para or brn, people tend to status ledian when they noticed his sturdier that they thought.

1st and 3th moves

Encore guaranties utility, making Cleric use aromatherapy (if your team has many status pokemon), making suicune to use Calm mind after you LIght Screen or Lucario to SD while you send out something like dugtrio.

Toxic is always reliable and, contrary as what the analysis says, it's the only real way you could do damage (Bug buzz not even 4HKO celebi), combining Encore and Toxic may be very useful, but then you should get rid of Reflect, and that's a huge lost.

Knock off it's the last option as most of the time (at last when I tested it) it wll be useless or not-such-useful, but still an option.

Why should I use Ledian?

In NU and UU Ledian can wall any bug not named Yanmega, taking not much from Masquerain's ice beam for example.

It's a very realiable Grass type switch in. Being unable to wall only Torterra (Stone edge, BrokenStealth Rocks) Tropius and physical Sceptile w/thunderpunch (But if you encore the last one while set up, you got a free switch)

You can use both of them (Grass and bug types) to switch without worries and P-pass 8 turn screens.

Choiced Fighting types are another good switch in, but if they're not choiced (Life orb Lucario of any other life orb fighting) don't switch in, because most of them (like 99%) carry any move that can hurt Ledian super effective (stone edge basically), same with ground attacks.

UNSTAB'd special attacks are another good switch in, even supereffective (Like Swampert of Cresselia's ice beam)

Playing with Ledian

Never use Ledian as a special tank, he can take hits, but there are better ones in that job with less special-oriented weakness. It's ability to support, complete heal in 1 turn (status include) and some x4 resistances are it's appeal.

As a support pokemon there's no reason to use him while BrokenStealth rock in the field, because he's not a vital part of any team, but a piece that give you advantage over your foe.

Always carry a spinner, Sandslash it's OK as he can Night Slash predicting a ghost (Mismagius or Gengar) and 2HKOing them (1HKO with lucky critical), beign free to spin then. (Something that Donphan can't do), Blastoise and Hitmontop can Foresight + Rapid Spin to get rid of Broken Rocks.

Against Stall team is where Ledian shines the most, if you manage to get rid of those Broken Rocks, because most of the pokemon there are slower and let you put P-pass without problems.

As final words; always use a pokemon with similar resistances to be Ledian's patner, as x4 weakness to rock won't let you use him often. (Gyarados, for example or Gengar.)

I would use roost instead of rest. Rest leaves you completely vulnerable to stat uppers, which could easily cost you the game. Also, Scyther's in UU, and I don't see how Ledian walls him.

Oh well, I forget scyther in the counter list. In fact any Bug/flying may cause problems (Any bug/flying with a decent flying attack, not like butterfree)

If you roost when you're like, 20% HP and a SD Tech aerial ace scyther comes out you will die in 1 hit anyway, so the issue is if you want to restore health by 50% one turn or 100% taking 2 turns (using the attack and 1 turn sleep) while recover para or poison in the process. Vs scyther just switch to anything that can take scyther out like Golem, steelix or dunno, other than U-turn/x scisor, aerial ace and sometimes SD dunno what else uses sycther.

The only thing ledian can do to scyther it's predict the switch in and toxic it or reflect to reduce the damage th counter will take. But with low HP restoring health it's almost always smarter.

Yeah the damage from SR, LO and sub make him pretty fragile.

Anyway, this is a set i used an age ago, and worked rather well.

Set: ResTalk SpecsDos
@Choice Specs
Nature: Modest (+SpA,-Atk)
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe or 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Moves:
~Sleep Talk
~Thunderbolt / Discharge
~Heat Wave
~Hidden Power [Grass/Ice] / U-Turn [In case you find HP 70 is too low]

I used this set an age ago on shoddy, and was really effective. Specs raises Zapdos's SpA super high, i really cant be bothered writing stuff, just let me know what you guys think.
If the holder of this item uses Sleep Talk, it will select a random move for the first turn, and receive the boost as usual, but all subsequent uses of Sleep Talk or the move chosen by Sleep Talk will fail until the holder switches out.
Also, your set has only Sleep Talk, not Rest and Sleep Talk like the name suggests.

I've been using this for the past few days with lots of success and people rarely use anything other than sub/punch, scarf, or some SD mach punch shit on Loom. I think this is the most effective set for Breloom.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Superpower
- Facade
- Seed Bomb

Toxic Orb/Poison Heal are obvious but the fact that this forces so many switches and you can get 12% of your health back per turn is lovely as loom resists rock/ground/water/grass/electric which is really really useful.

Jolly and max speed is also very important as you'll see.

The moves:

Spore: Obvious. The best move in the game. However if you spore right off the bat then you're playing this breloom waaaaay incorrectly. You should definitely start off attacking. Maybe swap this into a Pert EQ or Vappy surf and attack with seed bomb or predict with facade/superpower. Spore should be used as your way out against your hard counters. Stuff like zapdos/celebi/rotom. If you spore Celebi Facade is a 3hko. Jolly is important for that as with 239 you'll get outrun by celebi pretty often and it'll recover when it wakes up. With Spore you can wear celebi down as long as it sleep for two turns at a time.

Superpower - STAB on a high base power move. Fantastic. Especially when loom needs to hit things neutral this is great. Breloom lures a lot of cb scizors for some reason and super power+facade+SR is a ko. That might sound really unlikely but cb scizor coming in on a predicted facade and attempting to uturn out happens to me all the time.

Facade - Poisoned pokemon +facade is pretty obvious but it's especially great as it slams gyara/mence/celebi/zapdos with a 140 base power attack with no prediction required at all. I tested stone edge but the fact that you can't get past celebi bothered me a lot. I guess you could use stone edge if you can live with 80% acc and have a method for removing celebi. Facade+SR 2hkos mence and gyara though you'll never actually outspeed mence...

Seed Bomb - STAB seed bomb is great for OHKOing pert and doing great damage to other waters. It is also great for baiting a mence/zap/celebi switch in only for them to eat a facade. It's also your only way to hit rotom (which you 3hko).

I find this far superior to the other existing brelooms and I hope this isn't a repeat of a previous post here. It's important (and obvious) to use breloom with sr.

This is probably the most creative sets

Haxselia Cresseslia@ leftovers
calm 252 in hp 200 in def 56 in sp def
rest
sleep talk
ice beam
pycho shift
Sleep has a 33.3% chance of inducing your oponents to sleep and getting rid of your own sleep. That mean cress hax more chance to wake up than shed skin and be able to put your enemies to sleep. This cress can also absorb thunderwave and wilo-wisp

magenepwn magezone@ life orb

timid 252 atk 244 spd 12 def
hidden power fire
thunderbolt
substitute
explosion

This thing fucking kills scizor, outspeeds scizor and fucks him hard. When this thing is under a sub, no one can wall this beast. If that pink piece of shit dares to show up to wall this thing, magepwn is going to fuck it in the face with explosion. Explsion guareented to kill that pink piece of shit with life orb help. It can survive if it is max hp bold max def. Thundbolt does around 70% to salamence, if zone is under sub with stealth rock in play, good bye mence.

Gharchomp Gabite@ choice scarf
adament 252 in atk and def 6 hp

shadow claw
outrage
earthquake
stone edge

This beast is unexpectable, and one ever predicts this right. Speed of a 130 base pokemon, it can fuck a lot of pokemon hard despite being NFE

@Husk:

That set looks pretty great. I'd like to point out that you outspeed all Adamant Gyarados by 1 point.

Yeah, I ran some calcs and you 2HKO Gyarados (factoring in Intimidate) with Facade after Stealth Rock while 3HKOing Zapdos. Unfortunately, if you mispredict, Scizor will OHKO you with Bullet Punch.

Have you tried Sky Uppercut or something that doesn't reduce your attack/defense in place of Superpower?

I have a little experience with the metagame and cress often runs sleep talk and psycho shift at the same time. Magnezone, you are right are rarely jolly because it is better not to reduce you special attack when you can reduce a defense stat instead. Explosion is seen very often.

@MetaNite: No, I haven't tried sky uppercut but the point of superpower is to hit things neutral really hard (machamp, togekiss). Also I'm not sure if sky uppercut ohkos bliss or magnezone. Scizor rarely tries to BP but I mean if it's a straight OHKO even without the def down of superpower (this has never happened to me) then I guess you should switch out.

Running Jolly > Timid on Magnezone is a joke. Even running Hasty or Naive > Timid is a joke. You lose 27 defense by going Hasty, and only gain 18 points in attack. Likewise, you lose 22 special defense points by going Naive. The extra 18 points in attack are rarely ever worth it.

You're right the 18 points probably aren't worthwhile but you should invest in attack if you plan to use explosion, therefore making it more than an 18 points loss...though I wouldn't invest 252 like the guy above but maybe that's what makes the set so original. If that 252 changes a siginificant ko then I guess it's something to think about.

That set is getting away from what Magnezone is so great at, which is trapping steels. Why not take that time that Jirachi gave you from Iron Heading to set up dual screens and begin a sweep with something like Gyarados, Dragonite, Kingdra, or Salamence? Besides, it is outclassed by Gengar at Exploding or killing Blissey, since Gengar gets Focus Punch. If you can't outclass another set of another pokemon, why bother?

On the Haxselia set, why not use Flame Orb instead of Leftovers? At the cost of burning itself, Cresselia can hit and cripple the Pursuiters that counter it with a 100% accurate Burn move. That is valuable if your team's strategy involves spreading status around.

That set is getting away from what Magnezone is so great at, which is trapping steels. Why not take that time that Jirachi gave you from Iron Heading to set up dual screens and begin a sweep with something like Gyarados, Dragonite, Kingdra, or Salamence? Besides, it is outclassed by Gengar at Exploding or killing Blissey, since Gengar gets Focus Punch. If you can't outclass another set of another pokemon, why bother?

You can still traps steels and explode...I'm not supporting the set that guy posted but tbolt/hpfire/explosion/sub is very viable as you can sub against stuff like bp scizor and iron head jirachi kill them and then possibly explode on the next pokemon for the KO. I mean it's rare to see an explosion from behind a sub and since magnezone deals with steels so well you won't see too much coming in to resist the explosion. Of course rotom deals with that set well but magnezone has to hp ghost it for substantial damage anyway.

On the Haxselia set, why not use Flame Orb instead of Leftovers? At the cost of burning itself, Cresselia can hit and cripple the Pursuiters that counter it with a 100% accurate Burn move. That is valuable if your team's strategy involves spreading status around.
Psycho shift got 90% acc.

This is probably the most creative sets

Haxselia Cresseslia@ leftovers
calm 252 in hp 200 in def 56 in sp def
rest
sleep talk
ice beam
pycho shift
Sleep has a 33.3% chance of inducing your oponents to sleep and getting rid of your own sleep. That mean cress hax more chance to wake up than shed skin and be able to put your enemies to sleep. This cress can also absorb thunderwave and wilo-wisp
I really like the set and I agree, a flame orb would be nice. The only problem about flame orb is that your opponent will know something wierd is up (after all who the fuck puts a flame orb on cress) and they might switch to a status absorber. So in that case leftovers is more discreet so you can status other sweepers instead of hitting Snorlax.

1. Flame Orb on Cresselia is too obvious. And IIRC, you'll only be able to burn one Pokemon.

2. Sleep is a much more dangerous status than Burn.

3. No Leftovers.

I agree with everything except 3. Why no leftovers?
If you are running Flame Orb, your item is clearly not going to be Leftovers.

Cresselia is better off setting up Reflect or burning something, otherwise she is usually a waste of a team slot(use Breloom for auto-sleep, without speed EVs, that Cressy is slower anyways). Breloom can also absorb status because of Toxic Orb.

SubPunch DNite

@ leftovers
Sub Punch DNite
~Substitute
~Focus Punch
~Roost/ Ice Punch / Thunder Punch / Fire Punch
~Ice Punch / Thunder Punch / Fire Punch/ Other Move

Come in on any thing that doesn't like you sub up and fire Focus Punches. ice punch hits Salamence and and other flying types. Thunder punch is for Gyarados the Flying types again. Fire punch hits forry, skarm, and heracross.
I don't know what Evs would work for this any help would be nice
Ive been using 104 hp/152 att./ 252 spd. it works well until weavile comes and ice shards twice with focus sash

@ leftovers
Sub Punch DNite
~Substitute
~Focus Punch
~Roost/ Ice Punch / Thunder Punch / Fire Punch
~Ice Punch / Thunder Punch / Fire Punch/ Other Move

Come in on any thing that doesn't like you sub up and fire Focus Punches. ice punch hits Salamence and and other flying types. Thunder punch is for Gyarados the Flying types again. Fire punch hits forry, skarm, and heracross.
I don't know what Evs would work for this any help would be nice
Ive been using 104 hp/152 att./ 252 spd. it works well until weavile comes in before my sub.
Dragonite's Other Options said:
Dragonite can also utilize a set that contains Substitute paired with Focus Punch, Roost, or both.
That being said, this set might work. I suggest Dragon Claw in the third slot to make it look something like this:

- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch / Roost

Fire + Dragon + Fighting is unresisted, while Roost allows Dragonite to last longer. No idea on the EV spread, though SubPunchers generally don't need much speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)