Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Athenodoros: I actually only have 5, I think. Flareon, Machop, Charmander, Snorlax (if you ignore the conflicting part about the Fighting Dojo), and Slowpoke. Did I miss something?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
@Dexington,

HG, you get a Swinub. It must solo Lance's Dragonite that knows Fireblast, or solo Lance's Charizard (without using a Rock-type move) to evolve into Piloswine. It cannot be used against Lt. Surge in Kanto. It cannot evolve to Mamoswine unless it solos Red's Blastoise or Venusaur.

LG, you get a Pidgey. Have fun with it. Evolution is unrestricted. (Sorry, I'm just not feeling very inspired for LG today.)

@ Tenori Giratina, if you still have room, you get a Clefairy. It must know Metronome at all times, and must use Metronome at least once against every Gym Leader and Elite Four member starting with Misty.

@Dexington: Catch a Mantine, and put in your box. It will be your cheerleader. This is not a team member.
Aside from being an HM slave (she had Surf because Beatdown the Lanturn had a physical set including Waterfall), Dustbuster the Furret served as cheerleader for the rest of my Soul Silver Scramble team, especially Beatdown herself.

Dexington has two Pidgeys in his LG, one from Sprocket, one from Athenodoros?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Dexington has two Pidgeys in his LG, one from Sprocket, one from Athenodoros?
I didn't even notice. In that case, I will be giving him a more creative challenge.

Dexington, for LG take a Sandshrew from Route 4. It must be your highest level Pokemon for the battle with Misty, and it must solo Misty's Starmie to evolve to Sandslash. After you defeat Giovanni in Viridian City, it must have the following moveset: Earthquake, Hyper Beam, Iron Tail, Sandstorm. If Sandslash can solo Gary's Water Pokemon at Indigo Plateau (either Gyarados or Blastoise, depending on your starter), you may import Sandslash into HeartGold and use it instead of Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine (but only after you have the National Pokedex).

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Who would sub in Sandslash for the beast that is Mamoswine? He'd have to be nuts. And Dexington, enjoy soloing Starmie with Sandshrew. I look forward to hearing about it.

@Dexington,

HG, you get a Swinub. It must solo Lance's Dragonite that knows Fireblast, or solo Lance's Charizard (without using a Rock-type move) to evolve into Piloswine. It cannot be used against Lt. Surge in Kanto. It cannot evolve to Mamoswine unless it solos Red's Blastoise or Venusaur.
That goes against one of the rules that I outlined by A LOT.

HG
-HG bring Atheno the female Remoraid. It must Solo one of Claire's Dragonairs to evolve and evolve at THAT SPECIFIC BATTLE. Upon evolution immediately replace all of Atheno's moves. Any moves it had may not be recovered at any point. After it evolves all of its attacking moves must either a)all receive STAB or b)not have any STAB. (From Vratix)
-Rhyperior for HG. I think you can get Rhyhorns from the Safari Zone. However, you hit its head when you threw rocks at it and it thinks it is Palmer's Rhyperior from DP. Palmer's Rhyperior know Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Rock Wrecker, has an expert belt and has Solid Rock. This is what your Rhyperior has to copy, although to save you days at the Game Corner, you may use Fire Blast, Blizzard and Thunder instead. (from athenodoros)
-Catch a Hoothoot named Shiny. It can only use moves that Ash's Noctowl used. Once it evolves, it can't even know any moves unless Ash's Noctowl used them. After viewing every TV in Johto with Shiny in your party, change its nickname to Forisia, it can hold any item it wants, and it must learn one move that Ash's Noctowl doesn't know. (from auramaster)
-catch an Oddish. It must always know Sweet Scent, and will evolve into Vileplume if female, Bellossom if male. (yaya0)
- Epic the Dunsparce, Sunny Day, SolarBeam, Iron Tail, Earthquake. Highest Level, appear in every gym battle. (addiethunder)
-Totodile. Name it Croc.
It may only have a -Attack Nature & It must obtain this moveset before Ho-Oh:

• Scary Face/Screech
  • Water Gun/Ice Beam
  • Crunch/Superpower
  • Roar/Protect/Swagger
Totodile may evolve at any time, but Croconaw needs to solo 3 Gym Leader Main Pokemon to evolve into Feraligatr.

FR
-LG bring a Pinsir. You must catch it in the SaFAILi Zone. It may not be the first or the last Pokemon you catch on that excursion. Name FerCereal. To learn a TM it must participate in the gym leader battle of that TMs type. If that type does not have a gym leader you must substitute another Gym Leader. The fighting Dojo only counts if you do not use Sabrina for either purpose (lol, gen 3 pinsir with psychic moves) (from Vratix)
-Mankey named Rargo. After leaving Mt. Moon, it cannot use any level up moves, or know more then two physical moves, to prove that it's not just any normal Mankey. It also can't evolve unless its ability activates, and must show its strength by attempting to solo Sabrina. If it succeeds on the first try, you can teach it any moves you want. (From Auramaster)
-Pidgey (nothing like a bit of nostalgia for the old hands). It must learn and keep fly, and must solo Giovanni's last Pokemon as a Pidgeot. (From athenodoros)
-Sandshrew from Route 4. It must be your highest level Pokemon for the battle with Misty, and it must solo Misty's Starmie to evolve to Sandslash. After you defeat Giovanni in Viridian City, it must have the following moveset: Earthquake, Hyper Beam, Iron Tail, Sandstorm. (Sprocket)
-I'll give you a Raticate. It must be caught in a Great Ball, on Route 1. Once it learns Endeavor, it must use it every time it switches in. It must never forget Focus Energy once it has evolved. (yaya0)
-ReseYou have bulbasaur (dah), you shall call it "Blissey". It shall be a lover of stall and walling (hence the name), so it will have this as it's moveset:
-Toxic
-Leech Seed
-Stun Spore/Sleep Powder (Sleep Clause will apply if SP is used)
-Atacking Move of choice
As a fan of stall, it obviously is patient by nature, or CALM as some could say. To evolve in to Ivysaur, it must stall out (solo) the main pokemon of a gym leader not misty nor brock. For Venusaur, it must solo ether Sabrina or and elite four member to prove stalling > all. (Iggdrassil)

@Dexington:

(FR) I'll give you a Raticate. It must be caught in a Great Ball, on Route 1. Once it learns Endeavor, it must use it every time it switches in. It must never forget Focus Energy once it has evolved.

(HG) You can either:
  • follow the restrictions for your FireRed Raticate (caught on Route 29 instead),
  • catch an Abra with a Heal Ball (it is not allowed to evolve to Alakazam), or
  • catch an Oddish. It must always know Sweet Scent, and will evolve into Vileplume if female, Bellossom if male.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Though I just missed my 200th post, I'm still giving you a special Post 200 Challenge!

Gastlys are ghastly pokemon. Did you know that? Gamefreak really trolled them with that Ghost/Poison typing. If it was Ghost/Dark or knew Nasty Plot, I bet it would be Uber. Well, you'll be taking a Gastly, and completing the following requirements.

To celebrate Lolcat's 200th post, the sum of the ACCURACIES of Gastly's moves must total 200. No more, no less. You know, do you watch South Park? It's a good show. In fact, Lolcat's 200th post reminds him of South Park episode 200, the one where they had to censor Mohammad because of death threats. So here's a death threat for you, if Gastly ever dies, it may not evolve again. Now, you might be thinking, "well, I'll just keep it in the box until then, so ha, ha, Lolcat!" No. It must always be in the party, and be sent out in every Team Rocket, Gym (leader and trainer), and Rival battle you find after catching it. It must be caught directly after getting the Silph Scope. Evolve once at level 30, again at 45. Have fun.

Heart Gold:
Take a Staryu, to commemorate a certain event that has to do with the number 200, the sum of the base powers of Staryu's moves may not exceed 200. No evolving. Hidden Power counts as 50 regardless of its actual power. Gyro Ball (lol) counts as 80, Return/Frustration counts as 56, Natural Gift counts as 70. Pretty much pick two coverage moves.

Sorry LOLcat, I can't do either of those. As in my original rules, I need to use a Bulbasaur as my starter, and that's the only slot left for FR. I'll reserve that for you though.

As for Staryu, I was already given a Remoraid and Totodile is my starter and I stated that I can't have more than 2 of one type. I'll reserve a slot there for you too.

Just posting to say I will only update the OP tomorrow with the results (and you could make it easier for me and battle while I sleep and go to college xD)

@Dexington - Catch a Dunsparce and call it Epic!

It's final move set should be:
- Solarbeam
- Iron tail
- Sunny Day
- Earthquake

It must also be the highest level pokemon on your team!
It must also take part in every gym battle, no matter whether it's just cameo appearance.
Enjoy!

@Dexington - Catch a Dunsparce and call it Epic!

It's final move set should be:
- Solarbeam
- Iron tail
- Sunny Day
- Earthquake

It must also be the highest level pokemon on your team!
It must also take part in every gym battle, no matter whether it's just cameo appearance.
Enjoy!
Does this include Violet Gym? Dunsparce can be caught before you reach Violet City; unfortunately you'd have to deal with a ~1% walking chance because no Rock Smash until you clear the gym.

Does this include Violet Gym? Dunsparce can be caught before you reach Violet City; unfortunately you'd have to deal with a ~1% walking chance because no Rock Smash until you clear the gym.
I've realised how hard it is to get one before the Violet City Gym, so it doesn't have to be involved until after the Violet City Gym.

Ok, Dexington, you don't seem to have a bulbasaur restriction. Well... here it is!

You have bulbasaur (dah), you shall call it "Blissey". It shall be a lover of stall and walling (hence the name), so it will have this as it's moveset:
-Toxic
-Leech Seed
-Stun Spore/Sleep Powder (Sleep Clause will apply if SP is used)
-Atacking Move of choice
As a fan of stall, it obviously is patient by nature, or CALM as some could say. To evolve in to Ivysaur, it must stall out (solo) the main pokemon of a gym leader not misty nor brock. For Venusaur, it must solo ether Sabrina or and elite four member to prove stalling > all.

Sorry for the roughness of the challenge formating, just posting quickly while i have spare time....

Happy Scrambling!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Dexington, here's your Totodile. Name it Croc.
It may only have a -Attack Nature & It must obtain this moveset before Ho-Oh:

• Scary Face/Screech
  • Water Gun/Ice Beam
  • Crunch/Superpower
  • Roar/Protect/Swagger
Totodile may evolve at any time, but Croconaw needs to solo 3 Gym Leader Main Pokemon to evolve into Feraligatr.

Have fun!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pearl Scramble Update #7

Alright, has been a while, but here's update #7!

Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5

Update #6

The Pokemon
  • Pachirisu: Electric attacks only, Discharge by E4 (Treadshot A1)
  • Misdreavus: Can't come out in bright areas unless last one left (Ungulateman)
  • Kricketune (Faricimo): Use at least one sound move when sent out against a trainer, must be caught as one (Auramaster)
  • Drifloon: Solo a Gym depending on nature to evolve, level up, teach Frustration & use it upon entry until beating E4 (BuddyBlueBomber)
  • Burmy (Metapod): If Female, Evolve to Wormadam-S, learning Protect, Psychic*, Hidden Power & Fissure Before Palkia. If Male, Evolve into Mothim, learning Protect, U-Turn*, Hidden Power & Camoflauge before Palkia (Sprocket)
  • Piplup (Big O): Moveset is Aqua Jet/Drill Peck, Hydro Pump/Flash Cannon, Flash Cannon/Hyper Beam/Ice Beam, & Protect/Double Team. Moveset Obtained before Invasion of The Galactic Building in Veilstone. Solo 3 Gym Leader Main Pokemon as Prinplup to Evolve (Paradox808)
*: Was initially Bug Bite, but later changed after it was discovered that neither Burmy, Wormadam or Mothim learn Bug Bite in Pearl. Bug Bite was replaced with Psychic (Wormadam-S) & U-Turn (Mothim) respectively.

The adventure in text...
I set out for Lake Acuity, & when I get there, I watch some
interlude between Someone & Jupiter. After that, I see that there
is a TM for Ice Beam on Route 216 only obtainable after beating
Candice & decide that I need it (It's compoulsory before the
Galactic invasion of Veilstone thingy), but first, I need something
that can use Rock Climb...Unfortunately, Big O (Empoleon) was the
only one that can use the HM, & none of my PCed Pokemon can
learn it...So I decide to catch a Pokemon that can learn Rock Climb!

So I fly to Route 209 & find a Bibarel, catching it in 1 Great Ball.
I name the Bibarel "Slave", head back to Snowpoint, get her out of
the PC, & teach it Rock Climb. I then run to the Rock Climbing area
in Route 216, climb the rocks, defeat the trainers, & obtain the Ice
Beam TM, teaching it to Big O. After that, I fly to Veilstone, & aim
to get the TM for U-Turn, which requires 6,000 coins. I find that
I don't have enough, so I steal 40,000 Pokedollars off the
Gentleman & Socialite on Route 212, & get enough coins to get the
U-Turn TM, teaching it to Metapod (Mothim).

After that, I enter the Galactic Building via the warehouse, only to
find that a random spacesuit guy was holding the key to advance.
After stealing the key, I open the door & find a Dusk Stone, using
it on Ungulate (Misdreavus) & evolving it into Mismagius!!! :D
I deal with the Grunts, steal the Galactic Key, & use it to enter the
Main Building, knocking out the Grunts & finding the leader of the
spacesuit gang (Cyrus) & confront him.

I send in Treadshot (Pachirisu) while he sends in Murkrow.
Murkrow, however, was easily outsped & OHKOed with a Choice
Specs'd Discharge.
Golbat comes in, & deals two turns worth of frustrating Flinch-Hax
with Bite, before missing with Supersonic & surviving a Discharge.
After that, Cyrus uses up a Super Potion (What is it with Crime
Syndicate leaders & using Super Potions even though at this point
in the game, a Hyper Potion is better?), which proved to be a bad
choice, as Golbat gets KOed by Discharge.
Finally, Sneasel comes out & Metapod comes in to deal with the
weasel type thing. Metapod deals about 50% Damage with HP
Fighting, but gets OHKOed by Ice Punch...So Faricimo (Kricketune)
comes in, & after surviving a Slash, Faricimo misses with Sing. She
then survives another slash before KOing with X-Scissor, winning
me the battle.

After that, Cyrus dully gives up a Master Ball (Why would you?) &
tells me that he's heading somewhere. I then head through a
random Warp Panel & find myself in a room with 3 floating pixies
in it & the weird haircut guy. I confront him & challenge him.

I send in Metapod while he sends in Kadabra. Kadabra abuses his
first move advantage to use Embargo on Metapod (And that was a
good thing, because...) while Metapod U-Turns into BlueBomber
(Drifblim), OHKOing the Psychic freak.
BlueBomber stays in for Bronzor & after BlueBomber does lol
damage with Frustration, Bronzor uses Confuse Ray, annoying the
crap out of me. After wasting 2 turns due to BlueBomber hitting
herself (Where Bronzor Spammed Shadow Ball), BlueBomber got
her act together & KOed the metal plate two turns later with
Shadow Ball.
Last came Toxicroak, & after surviving a Fly, Toxicroak KOes with
a Critical Hit Poison Jab. Big O comes in to deal with Toxicroak,
Outspeeding & KOing with Drill Peck, winning me the battle.

After that, the weird haircut guy dumbly allows me to hit a switch
to let the 3 floating Pixies free. After letting them run free, I
leave the Hideout to heal up at the Pokemon Centre & get ready to
start trekking Mt. Coronet. First, I returned Metapod tonthe PC &
brought Slave back out, teaching her Rock Smash & Surf.
I fly to Oreburgh, & begin trekking Mt. Coronet, when about
halfway, I saw that Faricimo wasn't up to standards & because I
didn't need Strength to complete the trek, I returned to Oreburgh
& subbed Faricimo for Metapod.

Alright, Take two. I climb up Mt. Coronet, dealing with the
Spacemen & when I got to the top, I saw a bunch of weird more
powerful Spacemen & decided to gatecrash their party...The
Spacemen weren't happy with me...So the two most powerful of the
"Minor" Spacemen challenged me to a 2v2 battle. After dealing
with the bozos, I continued to charge forward, only to be double
teamed by Mars & Jupiter...When Someone randomly appeared &
decided to make it another bloody 2v2 battle (Thanks Someone for
complicating the battle). >_>

I Send out Metapod, Someone sends out Munchlax, while Mars &
Jupiter both send out Bronzors. Metapod U-Turns to Treadshot,
who starts Discharging (Not giving a care for Someone's
Munchlax) While The Bronzors start Flinch-Haxing Munchlax.
Jupiter's Metal Plate is the first to go down & Skuntank comes in.
Next Turn, Treadshot Discharges again, killing Mars' Metal Plate &
Someone's Munchlax, while Skuntank quickly sends Treadshot to
oblivion with Poison Jab.
After the mass culling, I send in Big O (Whose Attacks I will now
be referring to as what was coined in the original challenge post)
while Someone sends in Staraptor (God I hate that thing) & Mars
sends in Purugly.
Staraptor quickly shuts down the feral cat, OHKOing the bastard
with Close Combat, While Big O lets loose with Cannon Party
(Hydro Pump), KOing the Skunk.
Mars & Jupiter then sent in their Golbats. Staraptor bullshitted the
Golbats, using Quick Attack on one of them, While Big O OHKOed
the other with Chrome Buster (Ice Beam). One Golbat left, &
Staraptor gave me the shits, KOing the remaining Golbat with Take
Down before Big O got to attack. Battle over.

After that, Someone Fully Healed my Party (And why would he do
that?). After listening to the dialogue, The Spacesuit leader (I
mean, Cyrus) confronts me & challenges me before I get to save... :(

I send in Metapod while Cyrus sends in Honchkrow...Bad Match
Up...Metapod tries to U-Turn, but Honchkrow outsped if &
OHKOed with Wing Attack.
Treadshot Comes in & Deals hefty Damage with Discharge, only to
get belted with...Steel Wing? Okay...Treadshot doesn't take much
damage though. Cyrus then Scrambled for a Super Potion (Hasn't
he learned from last time?) while Treadshot goes for the kill with
Discharge.
Next up was Gyarados (Okay...What a bizarre trainer), who
amazingly, survives a Discharge...Only to get paralysed & be fully
paralysed. Cyrus again uses a Super Potion (Okay...Let me see...All
I'm facing is a Trainer who uses Super Potions & Doesn't give a
shit about tye match-ups...) while Treadshot KOes with Discharge.
Next was Weavile & I switched out Treadshot for Big O (Well,
Treadshot was wounded, Ungulate can't come out, BlueBomber will
get owned, Metapod was dead, & Faricimo was in the PC, so...). Big
O uses Plasma Gimmick (Protect) to Scout Weavile's move. It was
Ice Punch (He really doesn't care about match ups, doesn't he).
Weavile then got the jump & used Night Slash...While Big O Replied
with Cannon Party, not killing it. Weavile finally started attacking
properly, using Brick Break, putting Big O into KO range with it,
but it was too little too late. Big O Used Cannon Party again,
knocking Weavile out.
Last was Crobat. After usingConfuse Ray & getting Big O to hit
itself, I scramble for a Hyper Potion. After that, something
annoying happens. Flinch, Flinch, Flinch, Flinch Flinch...Three turns
in a row, Big O was Flinch-Haxed by a combination of Bite & Air
Slash. Big O eventually shrugged the flinching off & 2HKOed with
Chrome Buster (The first of which froze the Crobat), winning me
the Battle.

After the ensuing Dialogue, I save my game & Approach Palkia, who
was waiting for me. Let the battle begin! So BlueBomber comes
out...And gets owned in 2 turns The first turn doing lol damage
with Frustration...Ungulate comes out (The capture attempt was at
night), & after dealing piss poor damage, gets destroyed.
Treadshot falls in similar fashion...So its up to Big O to save the
day. He lowers Palkia's health with Chrome Buster & several
Potions & 4 Capture attempts later, finally goes in. I name it
"Aikurap" (Palkia's Japanese name spelt backwards) pick up the
Lustrous Orb, & return to Oreburgh, heal my Pokemon, & return
Faricimo to the party. And that's where we leave off...

And the Team...

Faricimo (Female Kricketune) @ Nothing
Lv:37/Careful/Swarm
-Screech
-Sing
-X-Scissor
-Strength

Comments: X-Scissor improved her a lot, but looks like lagging of behind her teamates.

Metapod (Male Mothim) @ Nothing
Lv:37/Naughty/Swarm
-Protect
-Camoflauge
-HP Fighting
-U-Turn

Comments: Doesn't see much action, makes the occasional contribution (Owning Byron's Bastiodon with HP Fighting) but apart from that, he's lagging behind.

Ungulate (Female Mismagius) @ Nothing
Lv:40/Mild/Levitate
-Pain Split
-Psybeam
-Shadow Ball
-Confuse Ray

Comments: Since learning Psybeam, Ungulate has been a great team member. Curse the light!

Treadshot (Female Pachirisu) @ Choice Specs
Lv:41/Relaxed/Run Away
-Spark
-Cut
-Quick Attack
-Discharge

Comments: Great revenge killer, has helped me get out of some tight spots in the past...

BlueBomber (Female Drifblim) @ Nothing
Lv:41/Calm/Aftermath
-Fly
-Frustration
-Payback
-Shadow Ball

Comments: Frustration does lol damage, oh well, at least it can Fly...

Big O (Male Empoleon) @ Nothing
Lv:53/Lonely/Torrent
-Plasma Gimmick (Protect)
-Chrome Buster (Ice Beam)
-Cannon Party (Hydro Pump)
-Sudden Impact (Drill Peck)

Comments: The Powerhouse of the team. Enough said.

And that's all...Until next time...

@Its A Random, how cruel, leaving Faricimo out of all the action :( If it's too weak, you could use Screech to lower the opponent's Defense, instead of the inaccurate sing.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Wait, Dexington. I can replace? Heartgold, right?

Heartgold:
Take a Smeargle, and name it Paint Guy. It likes to use Sketch.

You must use it against each gym leader's main pokemon, and sketch the first move it uses. If Smeargle dies before sketching a move, it may not use that moveslot again. Ever.

If you think you will outspeed the pokemon, then you are allowed to use an item on the first turn to preserve Sketch's only PP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)