Nuzlocke Challenge

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just finished Mt. Coronet with the pro team of:
Torterra lv 43; Wood Hammer, Earthquake, Synthesis, Leech Seed
Staraptor lv 45; Return, Close Combat, Aerial Ace, Fly
Gyarados lv 44; Aqua Tail, Ice Fang, Earthquake, Dragon Dance
Joteon lv 45; Thuderbolt, Hyper Beam, Shadow Ball, Thunder
Hippowdon lv 45; Earthquake, Rock Slide, Crunch, Strength
Magmortar lv 44; Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Confuse Ray

My team is so pro >D. The best part is that only the Hippo was caught through species clause.

I did a Nuzlocke run through Emerald just recently, and my team after I beat the Elite Four + Champion was:

Blaze (Blaziken) / Lvl 52 / Flamethrower, Bulk Up, Double Kick, Hidden Power Ghost
Bad Ass (Breloom) / Lvl 50 / Sky Uppercut, Mach Punch, Giga Drain, Leech Seed
Kizz (Gardevoir) / Lvl 51 / Psychic, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind, Hypnosis
Verity (Skarmory) / Lvl 50 / Steel Wing, Fly, Spikes, Roar
Cheech (Vileplume) / Lvl 50 / Sludge Bomb, Sleep Powder, Petal Dance, Moonlight
Tough Guy (Gyarados) / Lvl 50 / Surf, Ice Beam, Thunder, Earthquake

Although Cheech and Tough Guy died during the final battle with the Champion (fkn crithax >_<") but I was lucky that I managed to catch some good, rare Pokémon like Skarmory.

Okay, just beat both rivals. Very close match, almost lost due to losing a speed tie to Pokabu, and could've been KO'ed by Tsujata. That's right, I picked Mijumaru. Named it Elia. Found a Yorterri on Route 1. Caught it. Named it Demi. Trained both a tad, fought N, won. Went on to Route 2. Caught Minezumi. Named it Grey. Left it in the box. Defeated Belle. Saved. I'm done for the night.

Ok, picked up White some more. After defeating Belle, I went off to the next town/city whatever, having leveled up Elia and Demi up to about 10ish. I went off to the area where you obtain one of the elemental monkeys. Having chosen Miju, I ended up getting Boappu, naming it Wes. Shortly after, went into the gym, beat up some trainers, and then faced Dento.

Ok, so the battle dragged on for a bit. Rather than beat up Yorterrie with Elia, I Incinerate spam and Yorterrie dies. Yanappu was 3hko'd, with a crit at the end to finish it up.

So after dealing with some stuff with Team Plasma, I continue on, getting the C-Gear, and then onward to Route 3. Cheren comes up, gets beat up by Wes, and then more Plasma stuff happens, or simply two of them running off.

I grind for a short time, getting most members into about the 13-15 range, and then go see what Plasma wants. After sending them off at the speed of light, I start to go over to obtain the item previously seen, and out pops Dangoro. Caught it, named it Jules. Obtained TM 46.

Left, obtained something from some kid, continued on down the road. Found Shimama, caught it, named it Sam. Leveled it up on par with the team, and resumed onward. Got to the next city, beat N, entered the gym.

After seeing the levels present, I decided to grind up to about 19-20 for safety reasons. After that long and rather tedious process, and Elia's evolution into Futachimaru, and a depositing of Yorterrie, leaving the team at:

Futachimaru Lv.20 (Elia)
Female
Quirky
-Tackle
-Fury Cutter
-Shell Blade
-Water Gun

Shimama Lv.19 (Sam)
Male
Timid
-Nitro Charge
-Tackle
-Thunder Wave
-Shock Wave

Boappu Lv.19 (Wes)
Male
Rash
-Scratch
-Bite
-Lick
-Incinerate

Dangoro Lv.18 (Jules)
Female
Brave
-Tackle
-Rock Blast
-Sand-Attack
-Headbutt

So after completing the gym puzzle, which rather baffled me at first, I face Aloe. Determined, I take down Harderia, and after a couple of near losses, Miruhoggu.

Leaving the gym, I follow the plot to the forest, defeat some twins, and a grunt, annd...catch Churine :3 Elle est tres mignonne~ Elle s'appelle
メ レディ ス (Meredith)

And that's where I leave off for now.

Ok, so picking up, I get through the forest, leveling up somewhat. Picked up some items, such as Grass Knot. Sky Arrow Bridge truly is a fun experience, with all of those camera angles.

Hiun City really wasn't too bad, beat up some trainers, leveled up a bit there, then found Arti, met Iris, went back, fought Plasma, went to Route 4 early, caught Meguroko, named Kari.

Went back to the forest, leveled up the team to 23, obtained a Fire Stone ^_^, evolved Wes into Baokki, taught Grass Knot to him, and then went on back to the gym.

Beat up the trainers, leveling up Wes to 24, then took on Arti.

He was rather easy, Hoyga going down in one hit. Ishzumai was handled by Elia, two Water Guns did the trick. Hahakomori protected first turn, then was fainted by Wes. Which leveled him up.

Thus ends play for now.

Current Team:

Elia the Futachimaru Lv23
-Tackle
-Fury Cutter
-Water Gun
-Shell Blade

Wes the Baokki Lv25
-Scratch
-Bite
-Grass Knot
-Flame Burst

Jules the Dangoro Lv23
-Tackle
-Knock Down
-Sand Attack
-Headbutt

Sam the Shimama Lv23
-Thunder Wave
-Nitro Charge
-Quick Attack
-Shock Wave

Kari the Meguroko Lv23
-Sand-Attack
-Torment
-Sand-Tomb
-Assurance

メレディス the Churine Lv23
-Synthesis
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Magical Leaf

Well, I finally decided to do a nuzlocke challenge, with these rules:
1. You can only catch the first mon you encounter on a route. It faints, tough.
2. If a mon faints, it’s dead. Period.
3. You must nickname every mon you catch.
4. No using non-pokeball items during battle.
5. No healing items.

It is being done on black

I decided to choose Smugleaf as my starter, as I hadn’t used it in a run through of these games. The first 2 rival battles weren’t hard, just tackle spamming was enough. The story progressed as normal; I got the pokedex, watched the proff catch a minezumi. I was given 5 pokeballs and sent on my way. The first mon I encountered was a minezumi. I was thinking “Great. I haven’t used one of these before.”
A tackle got it just above half, or so I thought. The second tackle ended my chances of increasing my squad. Disgruntled, I proceeded with the story. I decided to grind Smugs up to lvl 10 before facing N. I’m glad I did, as I was able to 2HKO his cat. Proceeding out west onto route 3, I was given the running shoes by my mother. Heading into the grass, only two thoughts were in my mind: don’t be the dog, and don’t die. I was greeted by the cat, which soon became Kitsy, the newest member on Team House. After raising Kitsy to lvl 10, and Smugs to lvl 11, I proceeded north to fight the trainers in route three. I then proceeded to beat Belle quickly, however nearly loosing Kitsy in the progress. After a quick trip to the pokemon centre, I proceeded to the abandoned lot of dreams, where Kitsy and Smugs both grew a level. I then obtained a new member, a water monkey, now known as Grady.
I headed to the trainer school, and Grady provided a beat down on both Cheren’s pokemon singlehandedly.

Name: SBM
Game: Black
Trainer Name: House
Place: 1st Gym City
Team: Smugs lvl 12
Kitsy lvl 11
Grady lvl 10
Present task: Preping for the first gym; raising whole team to at least lvl 13.

Ok, picked it up. Well, stuff happened, Pokemon leveled up, went into the desert, got out with some items and leveling up from the trainers, and went into Raimon City. Fought N, got the Sun Stone, evolved Meredith. Leveled up a bit to be slightly above par with the gym leader. Kari, Sam, and Jules evolved into Warubiru, Zebraika, and Gantoro in the process. Took on Kamitsure, beat her with ease. Proceeded to Route 5, beat some people, went and found a Yuniran. Yay. Named it Mira, put Jules in the box in exchange.

Leveled up the team into the early 30's. Caught Swanna prevo on the drawbridge. Named it Cara, put it in the box. Went to Hodomoe, then Freezing Container where Ice Cream Mon was caught. Named it Rob, put it in the box. Beat up Plasma, went to the gym, beat up some trainers, and fought Yakon.

In the process of beating him, Elia evolved into Daikenki. Yay. Swapped Wes for Rob. Leveled it up on par with the team. Much fun ensued. Fought Belle, won. Got HM Fly. Swapped Rob out for Cara, leveled it up, evolved it. Yes, I grind up. Alot.

I decide that with Fly I should go back and get that fossil.

Thus ends the part. Current Party:

Elia the Daikenki Lv36
-Revenge
-Slash
-Water Pulse
-Shell Blade

Mira the Danuban Lv35
-Psycho Shock
-Recover
-Light Screen
-Hidden Power

Kari the Warubiru Lv34
-Sand-Attack
-Torment
-Dig
-Crunch

Sam the Zebraika Lv33
-Volt Change
-Nitro Charge
-Quick Attack
-Thunder Wave

メレディス the Doredia Lv32
-Synthesis
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder
-Giga Drain

Cara the Swanna Lv35
-Water Pulse
-Fly
-BubbleBeam
-Air Slash

Note to self: Save time; don't grind as much.

so i just finished a nuzlocke run of platinum.
i used the faint=dead so release, nickname everything, no in battle items(outside of battle is fine), first pokemon per route etc, no legendaries.

my team was-
tektonic-torterra(60)
barrack-abomasnow(64)
concords-rhyperiour(59)
volvo-luxray(59)
assface-magmorter(60)
moby-floatzel(60)
the league was pretty easy. lucian was a pain but i didn't lose anybody till cynthia. her garchomp took out concords. everything else went pretty smoothly.
also nuzlocking showed me that abomasnow is awesome. probably my favorite guy i had for it, took care of everything.

I'll have to try this once I beat FireRed and migrate my mons. I was going to do it in Emerald, but I want to finish my legit playthrough b4 I try it.

My rules look like this:

If a 'mon faints, it must be boxed, not released. This is so that I can assemble a memorial on the Nuzlocke page, and b/c i am fairly sure i'll want some of my 'mons to go to Johto.

If all 6 Pokemon faint at once, or if my starter faints, GAME OVER.

I may use healing items and PokeCenters, but as for pokeballs, I can only buy and use the standard version in Marts. This does not count for found or awarded balls of higher rank; they can be used, but not bought. Also, NO REVIVES, except for only ONE for my starter. If it dies again, or if all pokemon faint before I can use it, tough. GAME OVER.

Trades are ILLEGAL, in-game or otherwise.

The first non-duplicate pokemon found on a route is the only one that can be caught; after that, no catches on the route. If, say, I catch a Ratatta on Route 1, then on Route 2 i find another one, I can catch it if i want, but whether or not i go for it, it doesn't count. So if on Route 2, after catching/running from/pwning the Ratatta, I run into a Pidgey, I can still catch it, and the world continues with its life. If i screw it up, that does count as my encounter and i'm done for the route. Also, gift Pokemon count, such as the starter or the Eevee you get in Celadon. After I get Eevee, I can't catch anything in the water there. NOTE: Saffron's Hitmons and the Lapras from Silph do not follow this rule, since the game treats Silph and Saffron as separate locations.

Routes seen before gaining the Dex/Poke Balls can be revisited. I can still catch a 'mon on Route 1 even if i run into one on my way to Viridian @ the beginning.

No limit on number of 'mons for Gym battles. This rule is always REALLY annoying.

I MUST NICKNAME EVERYTHING I CATCH, whether it is used in the final team or not. Themes for the names are optional, but I will be following a M*A*S*H theme, as it is one of the best TV shows of all time. My OT will be MASH, and my team will be NN'd after several of the show's characters.

That's really about it. Hope I don't accidentally kill my starter right off the bat...

I'm starting this on Pearl, Moot's rules. I'm going to attmept to tell the story in a dialogue format, as someone who appears in a non-Sinnoh game talks to another non-Sinnoh character, reflecting on his journey. More than that, I'm not going to reveal until I lose or beat the E4 (hopefully the latter).

"You... Don't tell me, I already know. You want to know why, just like the rest. I'll tell you perhaps, but no one else. I was... so similar to what you are. And then... well... let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I guess it began when I was thirteen, back in Littleroot town. Thier are only two things you need to know about Littleroot Town: It's tiny, and it's always sunny. No variation at all. Actually, its kind of like your hometown, come to think of it. Anyways, after a little while in constant springtime, one stops enjoying it as much. That day I was watching something on TV, search for the Red Gyarados I believe. When it got done, I ambled downstairs, where my mom told me that my friend, Maxy, was waiting. I went over to the house, and opened the door to walk inside when BAM! I honestly didn't mind it. Maxy ran into me all the time, and I'd just learned to live with it. He yelled something about 1 million and raced back into the house. I tenatively decided to follow him inside, but the moment I do, he ran past me again, screamed something, and ran off... he really needed to stop abusing those awakenings. Following out of boredom, I found him outside of town, where he layed out his grand life plan that he'd made in about the last three minutes. He reflected on the Red Gyarados in a lake far away, and said something about there being something in the local lake, Lake Verity.

Like a rabid three-headed Bidoof, I thought. Verity was only about fifteen yards away, so I figured, why not?

Upon arriving, we saw two lone figures standing at the lake shore, commenting on the lack of change in the lake. After looking a little, I noticed that one was a man in his fifties or sixties, and the other was a girl about my age. They turned around after about a moment, and left the lakefront.

Then, Maxy made an observation that would change my life forever. They had left a briefcase in the grass. Everyone knew about the tall grass, and the Pokemon that lived there. Everyone knew they were vicous beasts, far different than tame Pokemon like my mother's Delcatty. If the stories weren't enough, most people believed this after watching the wounded who had decided to venture into the grass.

I knew Maxy was reckless, but when he proposed to go into the grass to retrieve the case, I knew I was in the presence of a madman. But, then again, we would only be there for a moment. For one reason or another I followed him into the grass. Suprisingly nothing attacked us. For about the first three seconds. I panicked. Honestly, no one can stare down death bravely without having some prior idea it was coming. I stepped back, and tripped over the suitcase. The suitcase. Without thinking I picked it up, and used it as a shield against the oncoming Starly. The Starly hit the lock, shattering it, and caused three pokeballs to fall out. I noticed Maxy bend down and pick one up. To catch something? No, I watched in amazement as he threw it open and a pokemon came out. Not particularly wanting to get pecked to death by a little bird, I followed suit.

And out of that ball, came a little Turtwig. Great. Grass on Flying. Well, no harm in trying.

"Tackle!" I screamed, in despair, praying it knew the attack. Turtiwig jumped up, and mauled the Starly, blowing past its incredibly weak version of the attack. "Again!"

The Starly hit the ground, never to get back up agian.

I just found out WHY one should power-level in a Nuzlocke challenge. I'll have that story later, but for now I'm continuing into the story. I would post a link to the prologue, but, really, its the post right above this.

Chapter 1: Origins

Part 1: The Dex
Maxy turned over to me, laughing somehow. "Your Turtwig was cool, but my Chimchar's a lot cooler." I honestly didn't notice, because I was pretty busy fighting for my life. And if a fire type is cool, doesen't that mean its dead? I eventually convinced Maxy that we needed to return the Pokemon, because they weren't ours in the first place. We didn't really need to look that far at all, because immediately after I suggest this, the girl from earlier comes up. She says something about being really relieved nothing happened... and then she notices that she spoke too soon. Before I could explain, she ran off in a panic. We decided to follow.

Outside of the lake, the older man from earlier walked up, and started staring Maxy and I down. I was about to feebily attempt an apology when he just stated that he understood, and left.

The next morning I had some time to think some things over. My mom explained what she knew as we ate breakfast, with Turtwig happily chowing down on Glameow's food. My mom stated something about the man being Professor Rowan, and how I should return the Pokemon. Rowan. I knew about him, everyone in Sinnoh had. He had once been a top-notch professor, and then he left. He had been gone for years, and nobody knew where exactly. Rumors varied from Orre to Isshu, but it was all speculation anyway.

I decided to leave before Glameow killed Turtwig over its food.

On the way up Route 201, I began to realize just how much I liked Turtiwg. It always was smiling, playing around, or just relaxing. I began to wonder how I could give it back. And then it happened again. Another Starly raced across the plain, and this time Turtwig reacted virtually instantaneously, first drawing into its shell, and then sending Starly down with Tackles.

No one knew what happened when a Pokemon died. Probably not even Rowan. Whatever it was, Turtwig and I had sent two to death in less than 24 hours. I shuddered at the thought, but Turtwig didn't seem to care that much. I decided to hurry up the path before something else attacked.

Upon arriving in Sandgem Town, the place Rowan had his lab, I was immediately detected and approached by the girl from yesterday. She said that Rowan wanted to see me in his lab. That's never a good sign.

I was filled with dread over what Rowan might do or say when I opened the doors. I was even more afriad of giving back Turtwig. All of these thoughts ran threw my mind as BAM!

Now Maxy's given me two bruises in two days to match the two Starly's. I pray to HAX that I don't kill to many more. I don't think my brain could take it.

Maxy yells something about the "Old Man not being so bad," and runs off. I think the girl took offense to that. When I get into the lab, I realize that Rowan doesen't even look any madder than he did at the lake. When I get up to his desk to meet him, he just asks to see Turtwig. Well, it was a good adventure while it lasted.

After looking at it for a long moment, he rose and asked, " How did it feel going up Route 201? I've walked this Earth for many years and I still get a rush every time I'm with a Pokemon."

Great. Just make it more painful, will you. And then, the conversation goes somewhere strange. He tells me that he'll let me keep Turtwig. I silently start celebrating, thanking the almighty HAX for this luck when,

"HEY! I'M 60 AND I CAN HEAR BETTER THAN YOU CAN."

"Wha-"

"Would you like to give Turtwig a nickname?'

"Uh... Leafy?" Great. Now I just looked like an idiot in front of the man who just let me keep his Pokemon.

The girl turns to me and introduces herself as Dawn, the professor's daughter. She mentions something about having a Piplup, and being glad I'm not mean to Pokemon.

The professor starts up on one of his tangents on his life's dream. He gives me a bulky little electronic book-thing that he calls a Pokedex, and tells me to go out and capture everything in the region. He then sends me off, leaving me very confused as I walk out the door."

OK, just got to Viridian the 1st time, and Hawkeye the Bulbasaur is still fairly strong. Soon I'll get that package from the mart and head back to Pallet so that I can REALLY begin this Nuzlocke run.

NOTE: 3rd attempt...got HAXed to death by my rival Puke the first two times.

My Team:

Hawkeye (Lv. 6 Male Quiet Bulbasaur)
-Tackle
-Growl

Deceased:
None so far

Made it back to Viridian, with a new party member and two fewer Pokeballs. I wanted a Pidgey, but a male Ratatta screwed me over. Nevertheless, I still had my five balls, and I wanted to make sure I came away with something from Route 1, so Trapper the Ratatta joined the team. I did some grinding before I decided to take a break.

My Team:

Hawkeye (Lv. 7 Male Quiet Bulbasaur)
-Tackle
-Growl
-Leech Seed

Trapper (Lv. 5 Male Bold Ratatta)
-Tackle
-Tail Whip

Deceased:
None yet...

HOLY CRAP. I am so lucky. After I caught Major Burns the Pidgey on Route 2, I ground for a bit, then decided to look for a Weedle in Viridian Forest.

I didn't catch a Weedle, but I got something much better.

"Pika! Pikapi!"

Yes, a Pikachu. Won't do crap against Brock, but may come in handy later. I have the perfect name for it, too...Heh heh heh...

Haven't fought Puke at Route 22 yet, but I will once I finish grinding everybody.

My Team:

Hawkeye (Lv. 9 Male Quiet Bulbasaur)
-Tackle
-Growl
-Leech Seed

Trapper (Lv. 8 Male Bold Ratatta)
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack

Maj. Burns (Lv. 8 Male Relaxed Pidgey)
-Tackle
-Sand-Attack

Klinger (Lv. 5 Male Adamant Pikachu) (Yeah. I went there.)
-ThunderShock
-Growl

Deceased:
None (but I had a few near misses while leveling Maj. Burns)

My suggestion is that the 'Graveyard' box should actually be called Valhalla. The souls of heroes slain in battle were taken to Valhalla, in norse mythology. Seems fitting =)

Hey guys..im just signed up to smogon so i havn't had the chance to look through all the fourms but i was wondering if any of you had heard of a speed challenge. It's basiclly when you start a new game and try to complete it as fast as you can. The one rule is that you can only have three pokemon in your party. Im posting this here because i thought it might be the best fourm to let it be heard

Hey guys..im just signed up to smogon so i havn't had the chance to look through all the fourms but i was wondering if any of you had heard of a speed challenge. It's basiclly when you start a new game and try to complete it as fast as you can. The one rule is that you can only have three pokemon in your party. Im posting this here because i thought it might be the best fourm to let it be heard
Yeah speed runs are common, even though we dont have a sepcific thread for them. repost as a new thread instead of posting here.

I've made it through to Mossedeep City! With the 45th episode we are preparing to take on Tate + Liza! The ending stages of this Nuzlocke are in sight!

Hey everyone, I've decided on doing a Nuzlocke playthrough of Pokemon Platinum once I manage to transfer everything on my current file. So far here are the rules I'm working with:

1) Should a Pokemon fall in battle, they're gone forever.
2) You are only allowed to capture the first unique Pokemon you encounter in any given area. A unique Pokemon is defined as a Pokemon not registered in the Pokedex. This means if you have a Bidoof, Bibarel counts as a unique Pokemon if you didn't evolve Bidoof. You cannot go back to a previous area to catch something if you screw up your first time. Gift Pokemon are exempt from this rule.

And that's it.

I've heard some horror stories about how horrifying Platinum runs are from the Nuzlocke forums themselves so I didn't want to take too many chances. Besides I always play my games on 'Set', nickname all my Pokemon, and rarely use healing items during battle so I'm not too worried about that.

What I am worried about is that you can't stay in a route and nitpick your way until you find a Starly with an Adamant nature and the fact your team numbers are always constantly limited. I've also had a few close calls during my last Platinum playthrough too.

I am also very interested in writing up my logs in story form much like EvilBob and Loquitur but considering I write a ton (or at least I consider that I write a whole lot), I'll try to trim down my entries as much as possible, partially because I'm concerned about the inevitable if I fail.

With all of that said, for you guys who already or are doing Nuzlocke runs, what are some of the things to expect and tips for the playthrough particulaly on Platinum? Other than really bad crithax?

Epiloge to Firered nuzlocke
When I got home from burying Destiny, I found the pokemon laboratory trashed. I found this note on uncounsious Oak:

We have stolen all you pokemon
We have fled the region, and you will never see them again
Do not call the police (though they probably couldn't find us either)
you cannot find us, you cannot trace us
Sincerly
Team Rocket

I hopped on the next train to the closest region, Johto. This is why I've started a Gold Nuzlocke! Elm didn't understand that I needed to capture team rocket, and made me run pointless errands (sound familiar?). His lab also got robbed, and I battled the thief. It turns out his name was Yang, just like last rival. So I then caught Scout the sentret, and Ariana the metapod. Flappy then joined my team, and a challenged the 1st gym. Flappy outclassed his Pidgey, and Vengance overpowered Pidgeotto (which he totally hacked to get a Lv.9 Pidgeotto).

My Team:

Vengance, th Cynaquil Lv. 13
-Tackle
-Leer
-Smokes Screen
-Ember

Scout, the Sentret Lv. 11
-Defense Curl
-Tackle
-Quick Attack

Araiana, the Butterfree Lv. 11
-Harden
-Confusion

Flappy, the Pidgey Lv. 11
-Sand Attack
-Tackle
-Gust

I've been doing a HeartGold Nuzlocke run, and just beat the elite four, though at the cost of three of my team members. Will and Koga were easy. I lost Crikey to Machamp's Revenge's crit (yes, I know, irony). Karen was easy enough, but without Crikey, Lance was a pain in the butt. Thanks to my defensive team members, there were only two more casualties.

Team for Elite Four (Levels are after victory or death):

Sheldon the Magnezone
Level 48
Lax
- Thunder Wave
- Discharge
- Supersonic
- Mirror Shot

Sheldon was helpful in bringing down Xatu and Crobat, but really shone against Lance, killing Gyarados, Aerodactyl, and his level 49 Dragonites.

Cappy the Umbreon
Level 48
Bashful
- Tail Whip
- Quick Attack
- Faint Attack
- Confuse Ray

Cappy's defenses, simply put, are amazing. He destroyed Will's team, along with part of Karen's. He outstalled and killed Lance's strongest Dragonite, using synchronized paralysis along with Confuse Ray to outlast it.

Florence the Togekiss
Level 50
Brave
- AncientPower
- Air Slash
- Extrasensory
- Aura Sphere

Florence's flinches, combined with Cappy's parafusion, made an impressive stalling mechanism against Lance. Florence also killed Koga's team, along with most of Bruno's.

Timmy the Primeape (R.I.P.)
Level 47
Calm
- U-turn
- Assurance
- Thrash
- Cross Chop

Timmy's biggest role in the Elite Four was taking out Karen's team. He sacrificed himself heroically to allow Sheldon a free switch-in, without which victory would have been impossible.

Starshine the Dragonair (R.I.P.)
Level 47
Hasty
- Extremespeed
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Rush
- Aqua Tail

Starshine's first two battles were against two Geodudes, both of which were the first Pokémon on their route, and both of which exploded, almost killing him. This crippling fear of rocks proved well-founded, as a critical hit from Aerodactyl's Rock Slide killed him before he could ever prove his worth. Sigh... only the good die young.

Crikey! the Feraligatr (R.I.P.)
Level 47
Modest
- Crunch
- Slash
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall

Crikey! was my starting Pokémon and my powerhouse. Throughout all of Johto, he would be my backup, the one that I used when backed into a corner. He was finally taken down by a critical hit, having taken me almost all the way to victory. His death was the most tragic, as it left the other party members with the unfortunate task of taking his place.

Now, onto Kanto! I'll probably post once or twice then, and a final post after I beat Red, or die trying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)