Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NeilKosugi
Bring a Mawile. It must solo Tate and Liza (that's right the only pokemon in your party).
You may only use a healing (or curing) item on it for every item used on a pokemon facing it, these do stack, you may keep a running tally. Every time Mawile Faints you must teach it a TM, it must be an attacking move with lower BP than the Move you are replacing (also, you must replace an attacking move).
Mawile must have no fewer than two attacking moves at any time.

@Neil

Bring a Bagon. Its skull is fragile from constantly jumping off things, so it can't learn any recoil moves. It's also mentally retarded because of said jumping, so it can't learn any Dragon-type moves until it becomes a Salamence.

Neil, take a Zangoose. Once you catch it, it must fight 4 wild Pokemon in a row. Its final moveset must consist of one move for each wild Pokemon's main type. These types can stack if possible. If it faints against a wild Pokemon, it is not allowed to use that type, unless you had already obtained that type. If you switch out, it is not allowed to use a move of that type, unless you had already obtained that type. Please do post the 4 typed moves you get.
Note: Zangoose can learn all move types except Rock and Dragon in Ruby, so if you run into a Pokemon of that main type, use its secondary type if it has one. If not, it is exempt.

Oh, I almost forgot. Am I not allowed to use Riolu until I beat all of the Gym Leaders? "Soon after you got your eighth badge, you realised that you needed another pokemon to complete a full team for the league" makes me assume that but I'm not sure, haha. I'm also writing my rules down since I don't have access to the computer all the time.

@Neil: Take a Cacnea named Scarecrow. This particular Cacnea is searching for courage. As such, it may never switch out in battle until it evolves. Also, at least two of its moves must be attacking moves at all times. In order to evolve, it must KO 10 Pokemon after having used both Ingrain and Leech Seed, showing it has no fear (if against a trainer, you may Ingrain only once, but you must use Leech Seed against each Pokemon). As a Cacturne, it must prove its worth by KOing two of Liza & Tate's Pokemon and two of Wallace's Pokemon. If it does not do this, its final moveset must be comprised entirely of status moves, as it now considers itself a coward.

Enjoy!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@Chocolate-Kipp: A Gym Leader main is the strongest Pokemon on the Gym Leader's team.

Looks like it's up to me to give you your starter, NeilKosugi...

Get a Torchic & name it Chicken.

Before your battle with Groudon, Your Pokemon must have this moveset:

• Fiery Fury: Flamethrower/Blaze Kick/Ember
  • Speed Jab: Quick Attack/Double Kick/Slash
  • Bird Attack: Mirror Move/Peck
  • Brace Self: Bulk Up/Focus Energy
You can evolve Torchic whenever you want, but Combusken need to solo 3 Gym Leader mains to evolve.

Have Fun! :)

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Oh, I almost forgot. Am I not allowed to use Riolu until I beat all of the Gym Leaders? "Soon after you got your eighth badge, you realised that you needed another pokemon to complete a full team for the league" makes me assume that but I'm not sure, haha. I'm also writing my rules down since I don't have access to the computer all the time.
No, you can't even hatch it until you finish your eighth badge. You may, however, raise it in time for that damn tunnel before the League.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Pokemon Sapphire Scramble & Pokemon Pearl No-Evolution Scramble: COMING SOON!

Hi there, I'm looking for Pokemon for two upcoming scrambles: A normal Sapphire Scramble & a No-Evolution Pearl Scramble (The No-Evo Scramble will begin shortly after I complete my current Pearl Scramble).

SAPPHIRE SCRAMBLE

• No Trades.
  • No Feebas challenges & no unevolvable Magikarps.
  • I must have a starter, a Pokemon that can learn Surf, & a Pokemon that can learn Fly.
  • Maximum of two Pokemon per type.
  • Don't make the challenges impossible, but do make them creative.

PEARL NO EVOLUTION SCRAMBLE

• No Trades.
  • You can only give Basic Pokemon that can evolve into another Pokemon.
  • All challenges must have the (You cannot evolve it) condition.
  • No Kricketot, Wurmple, Combee, Burmy, Magikarp or Feebas.
  • I must have a starter, a Pokemon that can learn Surf, & a Pokemon that can learn Fly.
  • Give me creative movesets with your challenges.
  • Make your challenges creative, but don't make them impossible.
  • Maximum of two Pokemon per type.
I'll start the Sapphire Scramble soon, & I'll start the Pearl No Evo Scramble shortly after I complete my current Pearl Scramble.

Its A Random, take a Wingull you catch on Route 103. This strange Wingull must learn Mist, as well as another Ice type move. Name it FrostyGull.

(For sapphire.)

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Its A Random:

For Sapphire, you get a something I have been waiting to give someone for a while: an all-special Gyarados. This is thanks to those first gen games, where those who have been playing for long enough will probably remember their Fire Blast/Thunder/Blizzard Gyarados, and your Gyara must have all of thesse moves. It has to KO any 10 Pokemon in the Pokemon League.

For Pearl, you get the lovely Shinx. It must be called Lailaps (brownie points for anyone who gets the origin of the name). Catch it as soon as you get your first Pokeballs, and because it is the most loyal Pokemon around, you must teach it return. Enjoy it.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Thank you Bynine & Athenodoros! :)

SAPPHIRE

• Wingull (FrostGull): Must Know Mist & One other Ice-Type Move (Bynine)
  • Gyarados: Must know Fire Blast/Thunder/Blizzard & one other Special Move (Athenodoros)
  • TBA
  • TBA
  • TBA
  • TBA
PEARL NO EVO

• Shinx (Lalilaps): Must know Return (Athenodoros)
  • TBA
  • TBA
  • TBA
  • TBA
  • TBA
Alright, 4 more Pokemon for Sapphire & 5 more for Pearl. No more Pokemon that are Water or Flying Type in Sapphire Guys. :)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
It's a Random!

For Pearl, your starter is a male Piplup named Mr Penguin. It must always solo your rival's starter Pokemon whenever you fight your rival. Once you teach it Surf, it can never learn another level-up or Water-type move.

For Sapphire, you get a Pikachu from the Safari Zone (if at all possible). It cannot evolve.

Its a Random, take a Torchic for Sapphire.

This Torchic is very brave, and wants to prove that it can overcome anything. As such, it must solo at least 1 pokemon from each type that is of at most 10 levels lower than Torchic when facing it. It must also solo 2 fully evolved pokes before the elite four, one of which must be used by a gym leader and the other one by your rival. Both pokemon must be able to evolve to count. Doing so proves that he is worthy of challenging the champion, and must solo one of his pokes. (2 types can be skipped for the soloing, and must be chosen before starting your game.) Name it Khan. It can evolve to Combusken after soloing half of the required pokemon before the Champion, and evolve to Blaziken after reaching victory road.

Edit: Sorry, I was half paying attention and meant Torchich instead of Chimchar.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Take an Abra in Sapphire, and name it Lolcat. It must have four different typed moves as soon as possible, and must always have moves of four different types. It may evolve into Kadabra ASAP, but never into Alakazam.

For Pearl, take a Staryu. It must learn Psychic and cannot learn both an Electric move and an Ice move.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Its A Random, I'll be nice. In Pearl, take a Magmar. It cannot evolve into Magmortar. You must catch it at level 29, and it must be the first one you see. It must know Flame Wheel, Iron Tail, Natural Gift and Focus Blast. If it has a Gentle or Lax nature, it cannot pass level 51 until you beat the Elite Four. If it has a neutral nature, it must be your lowest leveled Pokemon at all times. If it has any other nature, it can never hold a Berry. NO soft resetting. Name it Ice-T.

@Its A Random, for Sapphire, take an Absol named Hirador. It can only use Special attacking moves.

For Pearl, take a Buneary named Larolla. When Larolla learns a new level up move, it must replace the oldest move it knows. You must teach it exactly two TM or HM moves after each gym, starting with the second. Other then that, you can't teach it any TM, HM, or move tutor moves. It cannot know more then two TM or HM moves at a time.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Thank you Sprocket, Vikingraider, DetroitLolcat, ArcticBlast, & Auramaster! :) Unfortunately, I cannot accept your Staryu challenge Lolcat as Staryu doesn't appear in Pearl...Same for Arcticblast...

SAPPHIRE

• Gyarados: Must know Fire Blast/Thunder/Blizzard & one other Special Move (Athenodoros)
  • Pikachu: Cannot Evolve (Sprocket)
  • Torchic (Khan): Solo one Pokemon of each type (except for two, decided before game start) up to 10 levels lower, & solo 2 Fully evolved Pokemon (One from a Gym Leader & Another from the Rival) & solo one of the champion's Pokemon. Complete one half of the challenge to evolve into Combusken & clear Victory Road to evolve into Blaziken.
  • Abra (Lolcat): Must have four different typed moves ASAP & always have moves of four different types. Can never evolve into Alakazam (DetroitLolcat)
  • Absol (Hirador): Pure Special attacker (auramaster)
PEARL NO EVO

• Shinx (Lalilaps): Must know Return (Athenodoros)
  • Piplup (Mr Penguin): Must be male. Must solo rival's main Pokemon at each battle. Once Surf is learned, it may never learn another level up or Water type move (Sprocket)
  • Buneary (Larolla): When it learns a level up move, the oldest move is replaced. It is to be taught exactly 2 TM's/HM's after each gym, starting with the 2nd. Cannot learn more than 2 TM's or 2 HM's at any time (auramaster)
  • TBA
  • TBA
  • TBA
Alright, no more Pokemon needed for Sapphire & 3 more for Pearl. Also need a flyer for Pearl. :)

I shall start my Sapphire Scramble in two days (Stupid migration rules...).

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You skipped me, unless you only take first stage mons.

Wait, no Magmar in Pearl... shit. Will you take something like Graveler?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
You skipped me, unless you only take first stage mons.

Wait, no Magmar in Pearl... shit. Will you take something like Graveler?
If the Pokemon can evolve into something, but nothing evolves into it, then i'll take it, in other words, I'll accept Pokemon like Bidoof, Starly, Drifloon, Gastly, you get the picture. Also, these cannot evolve either as this is a no evolution scramble (For Pearl)

@its a random

i give you misdreavus, the most broken ghost in LC. name it missy. when you catch it, it can only learn and use STAB moves, and in order for missy to learn shadowball, you have to be at or around snowpoint (essentially you have to be in snow to teach it to it, by level up or by TM)

for misdreavus to learn any other move types, you have to own an unown that has an Hidden power of that type in your PC, i.e. if you want it to know T-bolt, you need an unown with HP elec. better get hunting :P

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Take a Hippopotas then. It cannot learn any Normal-type moves. If it has normal moves upon being caught, teach it TMs until it knows no Normal moves. This is a special hippo, dammit!

Take a Starly. Must solo Gardenia but cannot be at a higher level than 17, must also solo Maylene at level 33. It should know these moves before going against Palkia:

-Quick Attack/Agility
-Whirlwind/Endeavor
-Brave Bird/Take Down
-Fly

Must solo at least one of Volkner's Pokemon, regardless of Starly's level.

I HOPE THIS IS HARD ENOUGH.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Thanks Paradox808, DetroitLolcat (Again) & Chocolate-Kipp! My two teams are now complete! :)

SAPPHIRE

• Pikachu: Cannot Evolve (Sprocket)
  • Torchic (Khan): Solo one Pokemon of each type (except for two, decided before game start) up to 10 levels lower, & solo 2 Fully evolved Pokemon (One from a Gym Leader & Another from the Rival) & solo one of the champion's Pokemon. Complete one half of the challenge to evolve into Combusken & clear Victory Road to evolve into Blaziken.
  • Abra (Lolcat): Must have four different typed moves ASAP & always have moves of four different types. Can never evolve into Alakazam (DetroitLolcat)
  • Absol (Hirador): Pure Special attacker (auramaster)
PEARL NO EVO

• Shinx (Lailaps): Must know Return (Athenodoros)
  • Piplup (Mr Penguin): Must be male. Must solo rival's main Pokemon at each battle. Once Surf is learned, it may never learn another level up or Water type move (Sprocket)
  • Buneary (Larolla): When it learns a level up move, the oldest move is replaced. It is to be taught exactly 2 TM's/HM's after each gym, starting with the 2nd. Cannot learn more than 2 TM's or 2 HM's at any time (auramaster)
  • Misdreavus (Missy): Can only learn & use STAB moves. For it to learn other type attacks, you must own an Unown of an appropriate HP (Paradox808)
  • Hippopotas: Cannot use Normal-type moves. If it has one, it must be overwritten ASAP (DetroitLolcat)
  • Starly: Must have a moveset of Quick Attack/Agility, Whirlwind/Endeavor, Brave Bird/Take Down & Fly before Palkia. Must Solo Gardenia at a level below 17, Maylene below 33, & One of Volkner's Pokemon (Chocolate-Kipp)
That's all. Sapphire will start in a couple of days, & the Pearl no-evo Scramble will start shortly after the completion of the current Pearl Scramble. Thanks all for helping! :)

Oh, before I forget, I've finally reached 50 posts after nearly 7 months! :)

EDIT: Fixed athenodoros, Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)