Sucker Punch
Zen Headbutt

New Moves:
Assist Power
Psycho Shock
Role Play
Pain Split
Sky Attack

Analysis: Xatu has made a comeback this gen in the form of magic mirror. unique to only him and espeon, it gives xatu a nice niche being that he can support his team alot better than espeon can.

Xatus stats are below average, but movepool is vast, so post your possible gen5 sets here.

Xatu@Leftovers
Nature: Jolly(+Speed/-SpAtk)
Ability: Magic Mirror
EVs: 252 Speed/ 248 HP/ 8 Def
Moves:
~Featherdance
~Roost
~Thunderwave
~U-Turn

Bold @ Leftovers
248 Hp, 252 Defense, 8 Sp. Atk
Hidden Power Fire
Roost
Psychic
Toxic/Calm Mind/Reflect

Trick/Scarf + Support Xatu
Choice Scarf
Magic Mirror
Jollly
252 HP, 252 speed, 4 attack

Wish
Zen Headbutt
U-turn
Trick

Would be a nice set... If heat wave and trick weren't illegal with magic mirror...

If your gonna run magic mirror, best to either be a dual screener, or burn psycho-shifter

Would be a nice set... If heat wave and trick weren't illegal with magic mirror...

If your gonna run magic mirror, best to either be a dual screener, or burn psycho-shifter
ur right, might have to opt for hp fire if you really wanted a nattorei killer.

still with its vast support move pool, it could be useful.

i see a set like this:
252 HP 252 Spe 4 Sp.A (bad EV's, I know)
Xatu@Flame Orb/Leftovers
Magic Mirror
Naive/Timid/Hasty
Psycho Shift/Thunder Wave
Psycho Shock/Future Sight
Roost
U-turn
Come in on a status move,(hopefully force a switch) burn the incoming poke(hopefully set-up sweeper) and U-Turn
out of there. Could also run Leftovers and Thunder Wave, instead of Flame Orb and Psycho shift, however you lose the status immunity

It seemed like GF trolled Xatu by making Shinboraa everything Xatu should have been, right down to similar design and concepts, and exact same typing, but with Magic Mirror Xatu finally has somthing to differentiate it.

Before power creep made every stat under base 100 less than average, Xatu was blessed with good speed, tying with many other common base 95's. I still think its best niche is a lead/status spreader/ general pain in the ass, but now it has a much better chance of ever accomplishing this.

Anyway, a really cool Pokemon I would love to see get more usage.

i see a set like this:
Xatu@Flame Orb/Leftovers
Magic Mirror
Naive/Timid/Hasty
Psycho Shock/Thunder Wave
Psycho Shock/Future Sight/HP Fire
Roost
U-turn
Come in on a status move,(hopefully force a switch) burn the incoming poke(hopefully set-up sweeper) and U-Turn
out of there. Could also run Leftovers and Thunder Wave, instead of Flame Orb and Psycho shift, however you lose the status immunity
HP Fire makes the best nattorie counter :D

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
My Timid Max SpA LO Latios can't take down Nattorei in one hit with HP Fire.

What makes you think this thing can?

Meh... I think Xatu is still outclassed by Espeon. Xatu can't support THAT well, as it's only real support moves are wish, thunder wave, psycho shift, and dual screens. Besides, aside from support, what can it do? One could argue that you can't compare a supporter to a sweeper, but that's just my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like Xatu, but, there's not much it can do unless espeon goes OU/BL (assuming tiers eventually get established.)

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
i see a set like this:
Xatu@Flame Orb/Leftovers
Magic Mirror
Naive/Timid/Hasty
Psycho Shock/Thunder Wave
Psycho Shock/Future Sight
Roost
U-turn
I failed to see Psycho Shift in your movelist. I'd certainly hope it's the alternative to Thunder Wave.

Espeon doesn't get Thunder Wave or an immunity to Ground or an extra resistance to Fighting, which is why some people might go with Xatu over Espeon.

Meh... I think Xatu is still outclassed by Espeon. Xatu can't support THAT well, as it's only real support moves are wish, thunder wave, psycho shift, and dual screens. Besides, aside from support, what can it do? One could argue that you can't compare a supporter to a sweeper, but that's just my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like Xatu, but, there's not much it can do unless espeon goes OU/BL (assuming tiers eventually get established.)
Xatu is the more bulky alternative to Espeon.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
No it doesn't, it's an event-only DW pokémon and, as such, is male-only. Wish is an Egg Move, so you can't breed for a female DW Eevee (DW Ditto doesn't work). Our hope is Eevee being available on DW as a standard pokémon someday but, as of now, Espeon can't have Wish legally (aka on Wi-Fi tier).

I feel Xatu works pretty well, and has one thing Espeon doesn't: Ground Immunity. While that comes with a plethora of weaknesses, it let's you switch in on pokemon like Hippowdon and Donphan. Quad Fighting resists and Grass resists are useful for switching into Brelooms who don't Spore instantly, or if the opponent already has a sleeped pokemon. Lead Hippos literally cannot do anything to Xatu, because most don't carry Crunch. EQ/SR/Roar/SlackOff leaves it with switching out as the only option, as EQ doesn't work, Roar bounces back, and they really don't want you to set up. If they DO run Crunch, you still have Featherdance, and that move really helps when the opponent switches in a physical pokemon too(Scizor? Ononokusu? Hihidaruma? You guys better switch out.)

A set I've been running to good effect has been:

Xatu@Leftovers
Nature: Jolly(+Speed/-SpAtk)
Ability: Magic Mirror
EVs: 252 Speed/ 248 HP/ 8 Def
Moves:
~Featherdance
~Roost
~Thunderwave
~U-Turn

It's main job is pretty basic. Cripple sweepers, and stop Hazards/Statusers/Seeders. And it works to very good affect. 248 HP is to get an odd number, so in the case of the opponent getting SR up, I'll live for 4 switch ins. Course, that won't happen.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
No it doesn't, it's an event-only DW pokémon and, as such, is male-only. Wish is an Egg Move, so you can't breed for a female DW Eevee (DW Ditto doesn't work). Our hope is Eevee being available on DW as a standard pokémon someday but, as of now, Espeon can't have Wish legally (aka on Wi-Fi tier).
But from what I heard, female DW event pokemon are actually legal on Wifi, which apparently has pretty good hack checking (at least that's what the case was with the event Croagunk, in which a female DW Croagunk was allowed on wifi). If it can get past the hack check on Wifi, which doesn't really allow any illegal combinations, there must be some way to get it.

Wish has been an egg move on eevee since third gen, and since you can breed DW abilites, Espeon can get it.

After being raped by panamaxis using a wish passing xatu like 6 times on the PO ladders, I fully encourage and support this pokemon. it just destroys stall like nothing else because not only does it block entry hazards, it also creates the need for the other team to use their spinner to remove their own hazards, which totally skews the momentum. Such a mindfuck.

After being raped by panamaxis using a wish passing xatu like 6 times on the PO ladders, I fully encourage and support this pokemon. it just destroys stall like nothing else because not only does it block entry hazards, it also creates the need for the other team to use their spinner to remove their own hazards, which totally skews the momentum. Such a mindfuck.
and just your opponent knowing you have xatu on your team plays mind games. should i lay hazards? should i status? it might actually make these stallers attack 1st turn just to make sure xatu didnt switch in.

Xatu has a grass resist, and a ground immunity over espeon. Other than that though, I don't think it's got much else.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Xatu will have a great niche in the new metagame, as it has access to an instant recovery move (Roost) unlike Espeon who has to rely on Wish + Protect for reliable recovery. Also, Xatu resists Breloom's entire moveset (outside of the rare Stone Edge), so it will become one of Breloom's most reliable counters.

Xatu's flying typing is actually a blessing, as it does not have to worry about Stealth Rock anymore, is neutral to U-Turn and has neat resistances to grass, ground, as well as a 4X Resistance to Fighting (Espeon has trouble shrugging off powerful physical fighting type moves, unlike Xatu).

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah Xatu!!!

Bold @ Leftovers
Hidden Power Fire
Roost
Psychic
Toxic/Calm Mind/Reflect

This is what I've been running. As long as Xatu can deal damage to the SR and Spikes users (skarmory, natorre, hippo etc) that's all it really needs to do, so I just buff up defense to take those gyro balls and brave birds. Reflect is probably the lesser option in the last slot because psychic isn't really doing enough to hippowdon when it has slack off.

I'm liking how Xatu is able to switch into hazards once they start going up.
Alwats nice to not be Spikes weak for a while. Toxic Spikes is nice to avoid as several users of can hit Espeon with Evil Eye but Xatu can avoid the poison or Psycho Shift it if holding a Flame Orb.

Espeon with Balloon...

I also like Roost/Rest Early Bird.

Yeah Xatu!!!

Bold @ Leftovers
Hidden Power Fire
Roost
Psychic
Toxic/Calm Mind/Reflect

This is what I've been running. As long as Xatu can deal damage to the SR and Spikes users (skarmory, natorre, hippo etc) that's all it really needs to do, so I just buff up defense to take those gyro balls and brave birds. Reflect is probably the lesser option in the last slot because psychic isn't really doing enough to hippowdon when it has slack off.
Damn you. that and with damn bulky mence make me cry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)