Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Texas, I wouldn't shout about it too much. Next time you do a challenge, you will get something like "You get a random Pokemon according to condition X, and if it has BST>55 you must solo every Pokemon in the game with Growl." People don't respond well to you getting TTar and Chomp in their challenges.

Wow, again. I just started my FR scramble from a long time ago, as seen in my signature. Problems are here too. Both Sandshrew and Pinsir are LG exclusive, so I need something to replace those XD. Team is already Bulba, Rattata, Mankey and Pidgey, so you know what not to pick. I also don't want Clefairy, Hitmonlee, Shelder, Nidoqueen or Farfetch'd

Sprocket (Sandshrew) and Vratix (Pinsir; you just can't get anything right :P ) get first dibs this time.

Again, I'll give it til tomorrow after my exam before picking the replacements.

use Gallad's for 4th gen. I don't hate that one and you will need a water type. But Name it Atheno2hrd because you are denying my cruelty. (I'm not a hypocrite, don't you look at me like that Chocolate-kipp) Also, you can't use it against Red's Pikachu. Anything else on his team: yes, but not Pika.

for Fire Red bring a Venonat. Name if Affronted.
Your Venonat is affronted because Koga does not a Venonat-line pokemon in this game. In every other generation (if you count Yellow, which I do) Koga has, at least, had a Venomoth. But not this one, and that's racism. Racism is wrong therefore Affronted must solo Koga to evolve.
Also, if there are any moves that seem racy that Venonat can learn (I have no Idea what that would be, there may not even be any) Affronted must learn them.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sapphire Scramble Update #9

Alrightio, time for the penultimate update to this scramble, this time, through Victory Road!

Update #1
Update #2
Update #3
Update #4
Update #5
Update #6
Update #7
Update #8

The Pokemon...
  • Wingull (FrostGull): Must Know Mist & One other Ice-Type Move (Bynine)
  • Gyarados: Must know Fire Blast/Thunder/Blizzard & one other Special Move. Must KO 10 E4/Champion Pokemon. (Athenodoros)
  • Pikachu: Cannot Evolve (Sprocket)
  • Torchic (Khan): Solo one Pokemon of each type (except for two, decided before game start (Fire & Ice)) up to 10 levels lower, & solo 2 Fully evolved Pokemon (One from a Gym Leader & Another from the Rival) & solo one of the champion's Pokemon. Complete one half of the challenge to evolve into Combusken & clear Victory Road to evolve into Blaziken.
  • Abra (Lolcat): Must have four different typed moves ASAP & always have moves of four different types. Can never evolve into Alakazam (DetroitLolcat)
  • Absol (Hirador): Pure Special attacker (auramaster)

My run through Victory Road in text...
So I'm at the entrance to Victory Road. I'd replaced Sprocket the Pikachu for my trusty HM Slave: a Linoone, & I had 15 Super Repels, 16 Revives & 20 Hyper Potions. And with Khan the Combusken in the lead, I set off inside. It was bright at first, then I realised that my Super Repels weren't working properly, as the Wild Pokemon levels reached above Lv40. My highest was Lv39, & that was Hirador the Absol. I then randomly encountered a Cool Trainer with a Roselia, & it was annoying, with a moveset of Ingrain/Sweet Scent/GrassWhistle/Giga Drain, you would guess what would happen with a Pokemon as slow as Khan. Roselia sets up Ingrain, puts Khan to sleep, lowers Khan's evasion...eventually, the Roselia went down & after using a few Potions, I went down to the next level.

Now on the second part on the Road & the wild battles are becoming really annoying already, especially those named Golbat. After dealing with the Boulder Puzzle, I confront a Cool Trainer with a Claydol with a moveset of Sandstorm/Cosmic Power/AncientPower/Hyper Beam. It kills FrostGull the Pelipper, but Atheno the Gyarados comes along & kills it. After running in circles for a little bit, I then come across another Cool Trainer, this time with three Pokemon. The first was Dodrio, whom I switched in Atheno, who got burnt thanks to Tri-Attack, killed it soon enough, next was a Lairon, switched in Khan, Buled up a Couple of times & killed with Double Kick, & last was a Kadabra, which Hirador killed with little issues. After some more circle running, I finally found the ladder & continued on.

Now for the third part of the road, now with water thrown into the mix! a few steps in, I found another bloody Cool Trainer, this time, with a Sandslash & a Ninetales. Both were easily creamed by FrostGull. I then crossed the water & found another Cool Trainer. First was a Kecleon, it killed Lolcat the Kadabra, but was revenged by Hirador, then Atheno came in & dealt with Rhyhorn & Tentacruel. After that, I wandered around for a bit, Surfed up a Waterfall, & encountered another Cool Trainer, this time with 4 Pokemon. Swellow & Manectric were dealt with by Lolcat, Hirador aced Kadabra, & Khan dealt with Shiftry. After a bit more Surfing, I found the ladder & went up it.

This next area was rather short & the only trainer I battled was a Cool Trainer with three Pokemon, & she was easy. Nosepass fell to Lolcat, & FrostGull dealt with Ludicolo & Medicham. After searching in the dark for the ladder, I eventually found it & climbed up to the final part. It was bright again, & after getting Khan to dispatch a Cool Trainer with a Cacturne, I had almost reached the exit, when that Wally guy found me & challenged me to a battle!

First was Altaria, & I had Khan out. I switched in FrostGull & 2HKOed Altaria with Ice Beam. One thing worthy of note was that Wally uses Super Potions...At this point in the game...Seriously...
Next was Magneton & it was a bitch with Thunderbolt, doing lots of damage with it, luckily, Hirador outsped it & KOed with Fire Blast.
Third was a Delcatty, who relied on Assist, but did KO Khan, but was no match for Hirador, trumping it with Thunderbolt.
Fourth was a Gardevoir & started spamming Double Team/Calm Mind against Hirador, luckily Hirador had Taunt, but the turn after the turn after Hirador used Taunt, Double Team/Calm Mind Spam started again, the only effective attack Gardevoir had was Future Sight, but when it was used, I usually switched in something to use as Death Fodder, first up was the HM Slave. A long time later, Hirador managed to kill Gardevoir after 15 odd Bites, the majority missing...
Last was a Rosela, who KOed Hirador after surviving a Fire Blast, but then came a revived Khan to pick off Roselia with Ember, winning me the battle.

With that, I had finally cleared Victory Road, & the spoils of victory? Khan evolves into Blaziken! Leaving Victory Road, I go to the Pokemon League Stop & heal a badly wounded team & got Sprocket back into the party. As far as items were concerned, I had 10 Revives, 10 Super Repels, & 2 Hyper Potions left. So, Victory Road is complete & now I only have the Pokemon League to go. Now I'm going to start grinding. There are some trainers I haven't beaten yet, the majority on water routes, but yeah, it's grinding time. And that's where we leave off...

And the current team...

Sprocket (Male Pikachu) @ Cleanse Tag
Lv:38/Careful/Static
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack
-Double Team
-Thunderbolt

Comments: Outclassed by Hirador, only useful against the Pirates. Thunderbolt far & away best attack, but Careful Nature sucks. No use this update as he had to make way for a HM Slave. Current LVP.

Khan (Male Blaziken) @ Nothing
Lv:39/Quiet/Blaze
-Bulk Up
-Peck
-Double Kick
-Ember

Types (*Not Soloed, Underlines are omitted): Dark, Normal, Bug, Water, Flying, Grass, Fighting, Ground, Rock, Psychic, Poison, Ghost, Steel, Electric, Dragon, Gym Leader, Rival, Champion*, Fire, Ice

Comments: He finally evolved! He hasn't been used as a Blaziken yet, but hey, I have just completed Victory Road...Got a lot of use this update.

FrostGull (Male Pelipper) @ Lax Incense
Lv:39/Lonely/Keen Eye
-Mist
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Wing Attack

Comments: Valuable traveling team member, but not very powerful battle wise.

Lolcat (Male Kadabra) @ Nothing
Lv:40/Lax/Synchronise
-Shadow Ball
-Psybeam
-Shock Wave
-Thief

Comments: Very strong, even as a Kadabra...

Atheno (Male Gyarados) @ Nothing
Lv:40/Modest/Intimidate
-Waterfall
-Thunder
-Blizzard
-Fire Blast

Comments:With Great Type coverage & all, this thing has been a huge help to the team.

Hirador (Female Absol) @ Nothing
Lv:40/Mild/Pressure
-Taunt
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Bite

Comments: Hirador got heaps of use this update, did a great job keeping the team in check & yeah. Current MVP

So that concludes the penultimate update, now I'm off to grind for the E4, &...yeah.

@Dexington: Take a Cloyster named Spikey, It must know Spikes & Spike Cannon. Have fun if you take this challenge.

@Dexington: If either guy doesn't take his claim, you get Sandshrew's FireRed counterpart: Ekans! Take the first one you see. If it has Shed Skin, name it LiqidSnake. it may evolve after healing from status ten times via Shed Skin and soloing three GL Pokemon, one of which must be a GLMP. If it has Intimidate, name it SolidSnake. It may evolve after Intimidating five GL Pokemon and soloing any two of them. As an Arbok (should you choose to evolve it), it must solo an entire Gym, outside of the Gym Leader. It may not be used in that Gym battle. Ignore every requirement here (except that it must be an Ekans) if you are fortunate enough to get an Adamant Ekans, as this Ekans has no need to imitate Metal Gear.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Texas, I wouldn't shout about it too much. Next time you do a challenge, you will get something like "You get a random Pokemon according to condition X, and if it has BST>55 you must solo every Pokemon in the game with Growl." People don't respond well to you getting TTar and Chomp in their challenges.
Meh, whatever. I was thinking about banning them for whatever challenge I take next but i was thinking how funny it would be if I got a Mence or Dragonite. Besides if they're too rediculous I can just reject them. I mean sure, I love a challenge (see Scramble, FireRed) but I won't touch retarded things like that.

Athenodoros

I'm just starting my challenge again after a busy few weeks, and I realise that I still need Pokemon from zdrup. It is Platinum, and I already have Drifloon/Chimchar/Ponyta/Deodude/Spoink, and many restrictions besides.

I'm just starting my challenge again after a busy few weeks, and I realise that I still need Pokemon from zdrup. It is Platinum, and I already have Drifloon/Chimchar/Ponyta/Deodude/Spoink, and many restrictions besides.
Really? But I haven't given a challenge in weeks. Ok, you get a Shellos that can't evolve. It's it's only restriction. Call it minizdrup. (yeah, I'm out of creativity)

Okay guys!

I have a crappy LG game save that i don't quite like, i have a totally OP'd Bulbasaur and everything else is under Lv. 10.

You know what i also have? An 8 hour long flight on the morning of the 8th, 10 am Perth time. I'll be arriving in Hong Kong, where i will proceed to grab loads of crap, but i can't bring much to HK with me, so i can only afford so much stuff on the plane.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise what i'm gonna do. My LG save can go to hell for all i care (Leaf the Bulbasaur is great, but oh well, I'll Pal Park him before i restart).

So i need 7 pokes for a LG scramble on the plane to Hong Kong. The idea is to get as far through the game as possible, it's 8 hrs, so i'm aiming 8 badges, 1 per hour, keeping in mind i've not played through Kanto before (never finished either FR or LG, and HGSS's Kanto is a joke). So gimme something easy.

Very easy.

Very very easy.

Also, i need restrictions for a Squirtle, a Flyer and a Surfer, the rest of the HM's i'll stick onto whatever crap i can. No Rattata's, dammit. And no pokemon with low encounter rates (so 1% walking in caves like a Dunsparce can **** off).

And suggestions from Kiwis better be reasonable. I hate Doduos. :(

The catch? Well, if a poke faints, it's gone. Forever. I won't say Nuzlocke, because i can use items, catch whatever the f*** i want, etc., but if it's dead it's dead. So of the 7, let's see who can survive the longest.

Take the Eevee you get from Celadon. Evolve it immediately into a mono-Electric Jolteon. It must solo either Koga or Sabrina. NN "Banzai". That is all.

Athenodoros

Well then here is a challenge from another Australian, born and bred. You get the Pokemon which most symbolises Kanto runs to me: a Dragonite. It must be all-special, bar one move, and must solo two gym leaders, and be called Jupiter (King of the Skies) to reflect the fact that it must know Fly. You can get them from the game corner, by getting quite a few nuggets from the guy in Cerulean City.

@Treadshot
Bring a rhyhorn.
Name it Steak.
Have it solo Blaine or Giovanni before it evolves.
It must KO both of Bruno's Onix with Surf.

Treadshot, you get Aristocat the Meowth. It must learn and keep payday. If you evolve it into a Persian it my only use moves that would be boosted by technician (not that Persian gets technitian in gen 3).

Take the Eevee you get from Celadon. Evolve it immediately into a mono-Electric Jolteon. It must solo either Koga or Sabrina. NN "Banzai". That is all.
Cool i like Jolteons. Hopefully i'll make it to Celadon.

Well then here is a challenge from another Australian, born and bred. You get the Pokemon which most symbolises Kanto runs to me: a Dragonite. It must be all-special, bar one move, and must solo two gym leaders, and be called Jupiter (King of the Skies) to reflect the fact that it must know Fly. You can get them from the game corner, by getting quite a few nuggets from the guy in Cerulean City.
Hmm, not too difficult, probably just spam this guy and rape the game, lol.

@Treadshot
Bring a rhyhorn.
Name it Steak.
Have it solo Blaine or Giovanni before it evolves.
It must KO both of Bruno's Onix with Surf.
Not too bad, killing rocks with Surf won't be too hard hopefully. If i even get that far.

Treadshot, you get Aristocat the Meowth. It must learn and keep payday. If you evolve it into a Persian it my only use moves that would be boosted by technician (not that Persian gets technitian in gen 3).
Hmm, now that's a tough one. The added boost to base stats, or stronger moves? or HM whore? Nah, probably HM Whore. ;)

3 more, people.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Treadshot, you get a Primeape. Name it either Hanz or Franz. If Hanz, its entire moveset must consist of physical TMs, with no type appearing more than once. Also it must solo Sabrina. If Franz, it must have 2 special TMs and 2 level up moves of your choice. It must also solo 6 gym trainers. http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/057.shtml

A1 you get my favourite pokemon of all times: Slowbro. Call it tHzdrupA1 (again, this isn't my most creative day). It must solo 1 Gym Leader to evolve (you have Blain so don't complain) and at the E4 it mush have 2 attacking moves (no Ice Beam). That's all. Good trip!

@ A1 since you asked for 7 pokemon i'll give the restriction to squirtle. let's see. He must be called "UFO" and his final moveset should reflect that so it'll be
-Rapid spin (since ufo's spin)
-Hydro Pump (since ufo's have lasers)
-Skull Bash (Since he's not a normal ufo he can't steer so well so he'll crash)
-Strength (UFO's pick up rocks from earth to transport to their planet which they need strength for)

ow yeah since he's a ufo he must have his engine running hence whenever you send him out, it must start with rapid spin!

Fire Red update!

Restrictions
-for Fire Red bring a Venonat. Name if Affronted.
Your Venonat is affronted because Koga does not a Venonat-line pokemon in this game. In every other generation (if you count Yellow, which I do) Koga has, at least, had a Venomoth. But not this one, and that's racism. Racism is wrong therefore Affronted must solo Koga to evolve (from Vratix)

-Mankey named Rargo. After leaving Mt. Moon, it cannot use any level up moves, or know more then two physical moves, to prove that it's not just any normal Mankey. It also can't evolve unless its ability activates, and must show its strength by attempting to solo Sabrina. If it succeeds on the first try, you can teach it any moves you want. (From Auramaster)

-Pidgey (nothing like a bit of nostalgia for the old hands). It must learn and keep fly, and must solo Giovanni's last Pokemon as a Pidgeot. (From athenodoros)

-Ekans! Take the first one you see. If it has Shed Skin, name it LiqidSnake. it may evolve after healing from status ten times via Shed Skin and soloing three GL Pokemon, one of which must be a GLMP. If it has Intimidate, name it SolidSnake. It may evolve after Intimidating five GL Pokemon and soloing any two of them. As an Arbok (should you choose to evolve it), it must solo an entire Gym, outside of the Gym Leader. It may not be used in that Gym battle. Ignore every requirement here (except that it must be an Ekans) if you are fortunate enough to get an Adamant Ekans, as this Ekans has no need to imitate Metal Gear. (Dummy007)

-I'll give you a Raticate. It must be caught in a Great Ball, on Route 1. Once it learns Endeavor, it must use it every time it switches in. It must never forget Focus Energy once it has evolved. (yaya0)

-Bulbasaur named Blissey. Knows Toxic, Leech Seed, Stun Spore/Sleep Powder (with sleep clause), any attacking move. Calm nature. Solo a gym leader's main other than B or M to evolve into Ivy. Solo Sabrina or an Elite 4 member to evolve into Venus. (Iggdrasil)

Adventure
So I started off knowing I would have probably the busiest team in the history of Scramble challenges. After delivering the parcel, I caught both Pidgey and Mankey and hated the fact that I had to wait for a great ball to catch a Rattata. Mankey solo'd the entire gym with Low Kick.

Went through Mt. Moon and proceeded to teach Mankey Mega Kick, knowing that he can only know 2 physical, non-level up moves. I also taught him Rock Tomb for coverage. Anyway, Mankey took out Misty's Staryu with Mega Kick and Bulba solo'd Starmie for no reason. It was after this I got the Arbok challenge, so I went and caught him with Intimidate.

Beat the SS Anne easily and got a great ball finally, so I went all the way back through Diglett's Cave, caught one for cut and made my way to catch a Modest Rattata (-_-').

Finally, I just finished up against Lt. Surge. Ekans intimidated all three of his Pokemon and solo'd Pikachu and Voltorb and Bulbasaur solo'd his Raichu. I don't count the intimidate as helping bulba, since Raichu has no physical moves or at least didn't use them. He was asleep the whole time anyway.

Team
Blissey the Ivysaur, lvl 26
Calm
Overgrow
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed
-Razor Leaf
-Tackle

Doing very well so far. Don't know what his final attack will be when I get to that point yet.

Rargo the Mankey, lvl 24
Calm (-_-')
Vital Spirit
-Mega Kick
-Rock Tomb
-Focus Energy
-Thief

Odd restrictions, and I definately won't try be successful in soloing Sabrina, so he will have one hell of an interesting moveset in the end.

Atheno the Pidgeotto, lvl 24
Rash
Keen Eye
-Tackle
-Quick Attack
-Whirlwind
-Gust

Very powerful in the early game, as anyone can atest from playing this game once in their lives.

SolidSnake the Ekans, lvl 20
Lonely
Intimidate
-Wrap
-Dig
-Poison Sting
-Bite

Fulfilled the hard part of the evolution requirements, now just needs to come in twice against Erika in order to evolve.

yaya0 the Rattata, lvl 13
Modest
Run Away
-Tackle
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang
-Tail Whip

Just caught, need to power level.

FireRed Update #2

The Challenges:
Take a Charmander named "Gen5Rules!". Since it loves Gen 5 so much, it must have Sunny Day to go along with its Dream World ability, Solar Power. Get Sunny Day in Safari Zone. Can only learn Fire-type moves and Solarbeam for attacks. (chocolate-kipp)

Take a Pikachu. It may never evolve. It must also solo Lt. Surge. NN "4sh 5ux". That is all. (Galladiator)

Dummy007, you have seen the light, and decided that The Great Butterfree is the single greatest Pokémon ever to exist, and anyone who says otherwise is a heathen. The Great Butterfree is pleased with this, and will accompany you throughout the test chamber... Er, I mean, your journey through Kanto. With The Great Butterfree's incredible mind powers, and mighty gusts of wind, NO-ONE CAN STAND AGAINST YOU!

-Take a Butterfree, no nicknames. It must be caught as a Caterpie in Viridian Forest, and must solo Brock and one other Gym Leader of your choice. You may only use Psychic attacks, Gust, and Giga Drain for offensive moves. Its fourth move is up to you. It must always be the highest level member of your party. (Son of Shadoo)

Take a Meowth. It must know Pay Day, Thief, Snatch and Swagger. May only evolve into Persian after having this moveset and soloing 5 trainers with it. Nicknamed Turkish. (Someone get the reference, please.) (BiGGiE)
You get a mono-psychic rhymes with lousy. Thats right you get this challenge with a couple changes since you're doing fr.
-Intstead of soloing the non-existent morty you must solo any gym leader minus there main, thats right you get an even easier challenge, infact i'll even let you evolve drowzee before you solo a gym leader.
-Since mono-psychic sucks you can use pound aswell.
Good luck and remember. Quote:
If you would balk at doing it yourself, don't even consider posting it.
(Dark Ray)

Take a Psyduck it may not have 2 moves of the same type, and it also must have all attacking moves. To evolve into Golduck solo 2 gym leader's main pokemon. NN it Coverage. (pokemagnificent)

The Journey:
After soloing Brock with The Great Butterfree, I ventured into Mt. Moon and began training 4sh 5ux. Charmander evolved and I made it out of the cave. DarkRay fell easily at the hands of my team: Pidgeotto died to two Thundershocks and a Quick Attack, Rattata fell to two Embers, Squirtle fell to three Confusions, and Abra fell to three Thundershocks. I leveled up The Great Butterfree to Level 23 before soloing Misty. Staryu fell to 5 Confusions thanks to a Super Potion and Starmie fell to poison damage. Now it's time for Vermilion!

The Team:

The Great Butterfree
Butterfree @ Nothing
Careful Nature
Compoundeyes
Lv. 24
~Sleep Powder
~Poisonpowder
~Stun Spore
~Confusion

Amazing as always. Second Gym Leader solo complete, just have to finish the moveset. MVP.

Gen5Rules!
Charmeleon @ Nothing
Brave Nature
Blaze
Lv. 16
~Scratch
~Growl
~Ember
~Metal Claw

Didn't see much use, but evolved. Good job.

4sh 5ux
Pikachu @ Nothing
Modest Nature
Static
Lv. 16
~Thundershock
~Quick Attack
~Double Team
~Thunder Wave

Saw lots of use. Will be around fifteen levels higher by the next update.

Wildflower
Oddish @ Nothing
Gentle Nature
Chrlorophyll
Lv. 12
~Absorb
~Sweet Scent

Caught for Cut.

NOTE: The Journey section would have been much longer, but I inadvertently backspaced the page while I was typing this. The next one will be a novel, trust me.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Anyone wanting to write a long adventure for their updates, I'd strongly recommend writing it up in something like notepad first, the copy+paste over when your ready to post the update. That's what I do.

Also, I'm starting to think about what I should do next once I finish my Fire Red Scramble, details to come.

Hmm, why don't you guys post where you can get the pokemon you guys suggest. I mean, I need them asap, so that I hopefully don't end up being beaten too early. Remember: dead is dead. No reviving crap.

Athenodoros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)