Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, HG right? if so:

Take NoCoverage the Mareep. It may know STAB until it becomes Flaafy, when it must learn three different, non-STAB attacks, forgetting any STAB moves at this point. (Thunder Wave can still be used.) If it solos either Chuck or Clair it can become Ampharos, whereupon it can learn STAB again AS LONG AS it does not faint for the next 20 Trainer battles. If it survives, no further restrictions, have fun with your Ampharos. If not, no more STAB, and it must now solo Lt. Surge.

Good luck!

You guys realize he has no Water Pokemon right?
And a 5 times fighting weakness and no psychic resist -_- I'm planning too use a HM slave for Surf/Waterfall/Whirlpool

Ok, HG right? if so:

Take NoCoverage the Mareep. It may know STAB until it becomes Flaafy, when it must learn three different, non-STAB attacks, forgetting any STAB moves at this point. (Thunder Wave can still be used.) If it solos either Chuck or Clair it can become Ampharos, whereupon it can learn STAB again AS LONG AS it does not faint for the next 20 Trainer battles. If it survives, no further restrictions, have fun with your Ampharos. If not, no more STAB, and it must now solo Lt. Surge.

Good luck!
That actually doesn't sound too bad, Just T-wave everything then spam random coverage moves :P

Also, at Its_A_Random, I didnt know that. Now I only need a Waterfall/Whirlpool whore :P

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
And a 5 times fighting weakness and no psychic resist -_- I'm planning too use a HM slave for Surf/Waterfall/Whirlpool
You can teach Bonza Surf, I only stated that it could only use moves with Punch in their name in battle. Surf is fine as long as you don't use it in battle.

EDIT: Don't forget to PM me with who you think should win the Scramble awards, nominations are on the previous page.

@Geckoboy: Since you have no Water type, OVER 9000 Fighting-weaks, and no Psychic resist, I'll give you something that covers everything, as well as being an easy catch: Slowpoke! Slowpoke is SIGNIFICANTLY more American than Sneasel (who was undoubtedly born in Kenya), as it is lazy, slow, and rather unintelligent. Its final moveset must be:

Laziness: Rest / Slack Off
Slowness: Yawn / Trick Room
Fatness: Substitute / Light Screen (TV, get it? hahaha)
Stupidity: Amnesia / Swagger (because swagg is stupid)

You may have noticed that this entire movepool consists of status moves. Now, as much as Americans care about status, they care more about power. As such, you may replace one move up there for every five Gym Trainers Slowpoke solos. However, every new move you use must have 120 or higher base power (including STAB), and it may not apply this cop-out until it knows (simultaneously) one move each from two of the above categories. It may not evolve until it has learned one move from each category at some point. Name it Green Day. (Props for reference)

@Geckoboy: Since you have no Water type, OVER 9000 Fighting-weaks, and no Psychic resist, I'll give you something that covers everything, as well as being an easy catch: Slowpoke! Slowpoke is SIGNIFICANTLY more American than Sneasel (who was undoubtedly born in Kenya), as it is lazy, slow, and rather unintelligent. Its final moveset must be:

You may have noticed that this entire movepool consists of status moves. Now, as much as Americans care about status, they care more about power. As such, you may replace one move up there for every five Gym Trainers Slowpoke solos. However, every new move you use must have 120 or higher base power (including STAB), and it may not apply this cop-out until it knows (simultaneously) one move each from two of the above categories. It may not evolve until it has learned one move from each category at some point. Name it Green Day. (Props for reference)
How do I calculate Base Power after STAB? I have no clue.

Also, that rounds out the team, thanks everyone

lol american idiot slowpoke

I'm an American but this is one of the best challenges I've ever seen, kudos.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory

This is a great challenge. Unfortunately, it's too late. I'll give it an honourary mention in the nominations on the previous page, & I'll promise to give it an automatic nomination for most creative challenge for the next awards, which should be on page 250. How about that? :)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think that you should limit the options for all categories to a list of 5 at maximum. It will admittedly be subjective but it is a necessary evil.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I think that you should limit the options for all categories to a list of 5 at maximum. It will admittedly be subjective but it is a necessary evil.
Yeah. For the next awards, I shall do so.

@Everyone: Don't forget to PM me with your votes for the awards on the previous page, only 4 people have voted at the moment.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am about to face the E4 in my Platinum, final update will come tomorrow.
My team consists of an OP Garchomp, an OP Togekiss, a special tank in Bliisey, a ridiculously OP Infernape, a Gardevoir that only managed to reach level 40 by the league and a so-OP-it`s-not-even-funny Houndoom. This should the fun.

Texas Cloverleaf

The Garchomp was luck in a variable challenge. The Gardevoir was recieved after the Galactic arc. The Blissey was basically no restrictions since I had asked for no Chansey. The majority of the challenge came from gym solos by Chimchar and Togepi. Chimchar had to solo Byron and Grdenia for evos but it meabt I had to grind it to level 49 so I wasn`t stuck with Flare Blitz as my Fire STAB. Togepi hD to be leveled up to 51 so it could solo Candice, took me 4 hours. Houndoom was a luck catch that had 31 IV`s in attack and spped plus decent hp and defense so I ev trained in attack and a bit of speed.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Yay, 200th page!

Also, lol @ Togepi. Still a reasonably easy challenge other than that though.

EDIT: also 900th post. Cool.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Pg. 200 Scramble Awards!!!

Alright, the awards are up, folks! Out of the 7 people who voted, here are the winners...

1. Best Scrambler
Winner: Vratix 3 votes.
Runner-Up: Sprocket: 2 votes

2. Meanest Scrambler
Winner: Treadshot A1: 5 votes.
Runner-Up: Who cares?

3. Most Creative Scrambler
Winner: doomvendingmachine: 3 votes.
Runner-Up: DetroitLolcat & Its_A_Random: 2 votes each.

4. Most Difficult Challenge
Winner: icay4321's Seedot Challenge: 4 votes.
Runner-Up: Its_A_Random's Dreaded LPF Challenge: 3 votes.

5. Most Difficult Team to Scramble With
Winner: bluewooper's Scramble Team: 5 votes.
Runner-Up: Who Cares?

6. Most Creative Challenge
Winner: Arcticblast's bamf Cyndaquil Challenge: 3 votes.
Runner-Up: doomvendingmachine's Tony Stark Challenge: 2 votes.

Yes, I voted as well, if anyone cares, my votes were Sprocket for best Scrambler, Treadshot A1 for meanest Scrambler, doomvendingmachine for most creative Scrambler, icay's Seedot for most difficult challenge, bluewooper's Scramble team for most difficult team to scramble with, & Arcticblast's bamf for most creative challenge.

If anyone isn't satisfied with the winners, you should've voted...

See you all in 50 pages time & congratulations to the winners!

Okay, so I'm currently on the SS Anne on my own LeafGreen Scramble, and there are a few things I should probably clarify;

Kiwi the Pidgey evolved rather accidentally. I was just battling through Mt. Moon, minding my own Rocket-wasting business when I accidentally zoned out and

BAM!

I had a Pidgeotto. Luckily, I manage to snap back to attention to stop RootofEvil from becoming something it's not allowed to be yet.

Anyways, I got out of there lickity-split, conquered the Nugget Bridge like a trooper and was just wandering through the grassy areas when suddenly...

I fell in love.
From the first moment that I laid eyes on her, I knew she was the one.
The one that I would hold and cherish and call my own.
The one I wanted to introduce to my family and and friends.
Guys, I want you to meet.... Brains, the Abra.

Now, when I first rejected the idea of an Abra soloing Alakazam, it seemed crazy. It still does. But I under-estimated the sheer power of her. Even with Thief as her only attacking move, she still rips shit up.

So, the team so far;

RootOfEvil, Level 24. What an awesome little guy, even if he isn't the as super-offensive as Charmander; he's got decent supportive moves, and good bulk.

Brain OZ, Level 23. Completely unexpected, but for those guys (achem, guy) keen on seeing her full potential, it won't be long. =]

Kiwi, Level 22. (boxed) due to being too powerful and thus, breaking the rules. I mean, when you only have 2 pokemon, come on!

Now, let's fix ourselves up a Captain and get our Cut on!

Hi guys, i just finished my exams today and as such started my E and HG scrambles.
@Auramaster Cast lots got me HP Poison, Unown F. So i guess thats gastly which leaves me with no flyer:(
I'l update with the badges, that means when i get stone and zephyr, knuckle and hive...yeah like that. POKEMON GO! Wish me luck:)
Lightsworn master signing out

I wanna take the challenge on Leafgreen
-NO rattata
-no trading
-evolution requirments plz =D

Meowth-50 Cent
-Cannot evolve till 50
-Must have Pay Day and Swagga
-Must not be lowest leveled PKMN

Gastly
-No Ghost STAB, must Solo Sabrina

Magnemite named "ShrtCircut".
-If it's hit by an electric attack it shorts out and can't be used until you go to a pokecenter or battle 5 trainers (with your other pokemon ofcourse).
-Since you asked for evo requirements you can't evolve it until it solos 10 electric type pokemon, atleast 3 must be owned by trainers.

Slowpoke-Green Day
Slowness: Yawn / Rain Dance (because rain is depressing to Americans)
Stupidity: Amnesia / Attract (because the only Americans who consistently attract other people are on street corners)

You may have noticed that this entire movepool consists of status moves. Now, as much as Americans care about status, they care more about power. As such, you may replace one move up there for every five Gym Trainers Slowpoke solos. However, every new move you use must have 120 or higher base power (including STAB), and it may not apply this cop-out until it knows (simultaneously) one move each from two of the above categories. It may not evolve until it has learned one move from each category at some point. Name it Green Day.

Pvt. Ryan the Staryu
Camoflauge (Self Explanitory)
Water Gun/Hydro Pump (Primary weapon)
Recover (Medic)
Thunderbolt/Thunder (EMP)
-If another team member faints before it, I must SR

-Ditto
Catch a Ditto.
This Ditto must Transform into ten Pokemon and solo said Pokemon. These Pokemon must be on all different routes. The most common type of move (excluding Normal) it copies is your new Pokemon's main type. If this results in a tie, repeat until there isn't a tie.

This Pokemon has a few restrictions as well, based on stats and nature.

If it would be considered "powerful" it may only learn two attacking moves.
Natures:
+Attack - Must solo Bruno.
+Defense - Must solo Koga, if catchable before him. If not, must solo Bruno.
+Special Attack - Must solo one member of the Elite Four with nothing but super effective moves.
+Special Defense - Must solo the Five Island Rocket hideout. You have three PokeCenter returns.
+Speed - Must gain ten levels in under a half an hour. You may choose to do this whenever.
+nothing - Cannot evolve past one stage, if applicable. If not, cannot learn any move with >70 power.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Reserving for Zanicus.

Catch a Ditto.
This Ditto must Transform into ten Pokemon and solo said Pokemon. These Pokemon must be on all different routes. The most common type of move (excluding Normal) it copies is your new Pokemon's main type. If this results in a tie, repeat until there isn't a tie.

This Pokemon has a few restrictions as well, based on stats and nature.

If it would be considered "powerful" it may only learn two attacking moves.
Natures:
+Attack - Must solo Bruno.
+Defense - Must solo Koga, if catchable before him. If not, must solo Bruno.
+Special Attack - Must solo one member of the Elite Four with nothing but super effective moves.
+Special Defense - Must solo the Five Island Rocket hideout. You have three PokeCenter returns.
+Speed - Must gain ten levels in under a half an hour. You may choose to do this whenever.
+nothing - Cannot evolve past one stage, if applicable. If not, cannot learn any move with >70 power.

Have fun, and please tell us what you get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)