HEY WHAT'S GOING ON OH MY GOD (introduction to a forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Morm.

You have shit on your face.

Where has your nose been?
I hope you're prepared for CongMorm unleashed. You'll have to do plenty to defend your pedophilistic, philandering, policy changing, regressionist church later man. Sharpen your lance, boy, we're gonna JOUST. Lookin' forward to it!! :D

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
if the above is just a sneak peak of what is come to with a forum... well, I'm loving it already.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I hope you're prepared for CongMorm unleashed. You'll have to do plenty to defend your pedophilistic, philandering, policy changing, regressionist church later man. Sharpen your lance, boy, we're gonna JOUST. Lookin' forward to it!! :D
Of course you realize, this means war.

And though I am a work horse...

I am also a WAR horse.

Just don't take in too much of that lizard spooge smell before you post. Then it won't be any fun.

I'm actually kind of hopeful about this. With Cong you had a lot of discussion, which was daunting and ultimately inaccessible to those of us who didn't want to have to write an essay to respond to a topic. With Firebot you had almost no discussion, just constant flames. a forum sounds like an attempt to find the happy medium. So that's cool. Progress is good, right?

edit:

I should state that the rule that says: "if it's not funny or intelligent or otherwise entertaining, delete it" is rather ambiguous. I mean, intelligent is kind of easy to define, but "funny" and "entertaining" are very subjective, and its difficult to decide what is funny or intelligent when there is no way to determine that other than asking yourself if it is funny. And I know I have a very different sense of humor than, for example, VKCA

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Pretty much the below, in my opinion.

I'm actually kind of hopeful about this. With Cong you had a lot of discussion, which was daunting and ultimately inaccessible to those of us who didn't want to have to write an essay to respond to a topic. With Firebot you had almost no discussion, just constant flames. a forum sounds like an attempt to find the happy medium. So that's cool. Progress is good, right?

So by combining the three together, is there going to be three times the mods in a forum? or are you letting some guys go?

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Good God people stop being so negative.

There were problems with Firebot and problems with Cong. I can't say I'm absolutely confident this "a forum" will work out. Just give it a chance, and maybe it'll turn into a better place.

Charmander # 4's posts (also Curtains, popemobile's, and a few select others) will still suck in any forum. If you can't bring yourself to try out the new wheels, at least be confident that some things never change.

mymortalnemesis said:
and a few select others
So help me if you are referring to me my hand will rotate 180 degrees from discipline to abuse

quagmireavie said:
Although, why did you take away the video gaming forum? Were there problems with that forum too?
Lack of Content. IIRC, the sports forum was made to prevent game-by-game sports spamming in cong. The video game forum had little turnover.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Because, the beauty of smogon, is that while we have users from all walks of life, from all four corners of globe, we all share one common interest that has brought us all together - CK bashing.

I spent too long formulating this post it seems..

Have a nice day.

More like the beginning of the end, amirite?

But no, I couldn't tell if the level of suck Cong and Firebot have been operating at recently were due to January being the most boring month of the year, the influx of a new gen, or them just sucking. Change is always fun.

I believe that at the very lease internet resonance should be maintained if only for easier browsing purposes. I mean, it's very well and good to have a 'general' forum, but having a specific place to simply discuss content that is released would be nice. Frankly having a single go to place is already going to become very cluttered very quickly, and this is the least you could to try and eliminate that.

On another side note my entire world has been shaken and I'm not sure what goes where anymore. I'm sure that eventually I'll get a grip and find that middle line, but man I'm really fucking rattled. I'm not entirely sure if this is a good thing or not and I guess only time will tell.

e: holy crap there were like 7 new posts between when I started writing this and posting it I guess this whole thing is a pretty big deal!!

Deck Knight

So help me if you are referring to me my hand will rotate 180 degrees from discipline to abuse
Nah Morm you're a good sport. That was mostly a catchall for any and all future instances of consistently terrible posting in all areas of the site.

Cause hell, I can go out on a limb sometimes on politics/religion/important stuff/whatever, but I also work my ass off a lot of places round 'hea.

Lack of Content. IIRC, the sports forum was made to prevent game-by-game sports spamming in cong. The video game forum had little turnover.
I agree. It was rare we had a lot of videogame threads, save a few big ones like Smash and Fire Emblem Online.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Although, why did you take away the video gaming forum? Were there problems with that forum too?
Nope. I've been saying we didn't need IR for ages. It could have been just as easily in Congregation. This was just a good time to finally do it! Sports Arena stays because it's season-long discussion that will just take up most of the space on the first page.

I believe that at the very lease internet resonance should be maintained if only for easier browsing purposes. I mean, it's very well and good to have a 'general' forum, but having a specific place to simply discuss content that is released would be nice. Frankly having a single go to place is already going to become very cluttered very quickly, and this is the least you could to try and eliminate that.
A lot of forums (i.e. nearly every other forum on the internet) have just an Off-Topic section where all sorts of threads go and they manage to work. The key will be getting people to realize they don't need to read every single thread (and then complain if they don't like the topic), and only pick the ones that interest them. I think if we give this idea about a month to live, it will end up turning into a decent forum, but I can see why you think it will be cluttered.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can you seriously explain any positive that will come of this? I don't understand what problems this change will solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)