Gen V RNG Breeding Guide (gone again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great guide! I should be starting on my first breeding project in the next few days. A few questions before I begin:

1. Am I correct in understanding that instead of 3rd/4th gen's spreads such as A/B/B/31/31/31 (where A indicates that the IV comes from the parent that was deposited first, and B indicates that the IV comes from the parent that was deposited second), 5th gen uses F/M/M/31/31/31 (where F indicates that the IV comes from the female parent, and M indicates that the IV comes from the male parent)?

2. I see text such as "The chance this appears is 1%" and "aim for something in the 75-100 range for now." What do these mean? I don't believe this concept of percentages or reliability was explained, and I'm confused.

3. Assuming I want a fully-flawless baby, is it recommended that I RNG for fully flawless parents if possible (and do the method in post #2), or should I just breed with at least 3 flawless IVs across my 2 parents (and do the method in post #4)?

Thanks!

1.) Correct. Although now you can display the parents IVs in the breeding search, and use shiny egg finder. (The latter just came out today)

2.) Any time I'm talking about a % chance, you can ignore it. But for example, the example I used:

The chance a flawless spread appears on frame 8 with a shiny frame below 1000:

1000 (chances for it to appear) * 1/8192 (chance of shiny) * (1/31)^6, or about 1.37 times out of 10 billion.

It's mostly just an argument of why you (without RNGing your ID/SID) can't really use the first method for finding shiny flawless eggs, whereas you can easily once you get to the Genetic Method. If you're confused by it, I'm just giving some mathematical background for stuff that you can ignore because understanding it isn't necessary to use it (example: Your brain does calculus when you catch a ball thrown at you, whether you understand how to do calculus or not).

Tesseraction said:
Copy and paste full seeds into the Seed and generate using BW (Breeding). Look for a seed with a PIF with the proper nature, gender, and ability that inherits, HP, Attack, and Defense in a reasonable range. "Reasonable" is relative, but try to aim for something in the 75-100 range for now.
This has nothing to do with percentages or reliability. It's just telling you to pick a seed with a low-ish frame that contains what you want.

3.) Read the first post, specifically the part where it talks about where to start.

How do I use Shiny Egg Finder to find my PIDRNG frame?

I assume that the MinFrame_MaxFrame are still 8. The YouTube video I watched also
showed 8 under the frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZkKMtmIZD4

But then the video seems to know exactly what the PIDRNG frame is.. How many times to Chatter, etc. Where is this info in rngreporter?

When you use Shiny egg finder, it assumes IV frame 8 only.
So, you set it min to ~70 and max to however many times you are willing to chatter (I usually set 70/200)

So...we cant find shiny pokemon on entree link correct?Also rating 1 easy to 10 hardest how hard is to RNG entree forest?
I can easily manipulate eggs,wild and stationary

So...we cant find shiny pokemon on entree link correct?Also rating 1 easy to 10 hardest how hard is to RNG entree forest?
I can easily manipulate eggs,wild and stationary
Entralink uses CGear, which randomizes the PIDRNG Seed, so no. No Shiny abuse from Entralink pokemons.

I will be updating this guide tonight for the most recent release of RNG Reporter. Further updates will be unlikely to come after that until June 02, 2011 since I will be on tour in Europe.

I may be able to make some changes during that time. If you have something you want added, or want to write a section for this guide, PM me.

Just so I understand, these methods are all independent of each other, giving different ways of doing things and not linked to each other correct?

I read 1,2, and 3 and they seemed different from each other. And you made Method 2 seem like an advanced version of Method 1 which I didn't understand. And maybe I'm getting ahead after reading only the first 3 methods, but if it's as easy as hitting your seed and doing the PIDRNG, then that would mean that I didn't have worry if one parent was flawless and the other wasn't. Everything as far as standard abuse has been that broken, so I think I was getting under that impression from what I've read.

Method 2 is an advanced version of 1 because it still uses a perfect seed + perfect parents, but uses PIDRNG instead of Everstone to control the nature and ability (in method 1, you just give a parent an everstone and hope for the best).

It's designed to be practice for 3/4.

Similarly, 4 is an advanced version of 3, because we're basically doing 3, but controlling one additional thing (shinyness).

The way I have stuff set up, it's designed to teach people how to do it one step at a time, giving useful products at each step.

Oh I understand now. Lol method 1 reminds me almost of C-Gear abuse, except I can actually hit this consistently. I probably also should have mentioned that I'm not looking to breed shinies right now, so Method 1 and 2 will be perfect for me. Thank you.

A quick question. I managed to hit my seed and caught a flawless mon from the wild. Too bad it wasn't the mon I wanted. I am trying to catch a flawless Ditto, I found a spread at 8/13/14 21:28:11 frame 4. I set the encounter slot to 6 which is for Ditto according to

http://www.eggmove.com/encounterblack.html

Still after 10 tries, I keep getting a flawless Piloswine. Is there something I am missing?

EDIT: Ignore this, Just found out its due to PIDRNG. My bad.

I found a seed with 31/31/31/X/X/X on RNG reporter which is 461F9AB71A2622BF. I am using it with a female Excadrill with crappy IVs (only 31 Special Defense) and a male Mienfoo with 31 in Special Defense and Speed. I am aiming for PIDRNG Frame 113 which gives 31/31/31/Male/Male/Male Adamant Drilbur with Sand Rush . Mother Excadrill is Adamant and has an Everstone.

So I hit my seed and Chatter once, and I get an Adamant Drilbur, female, ability 1 (Sand Force) with 31 in Attack and Special Defense according to the Battle Subway Stat Judge.
I try again, chattering twice this time, and get another adamant female sand force Drilbur, which has 31 in Defense and Speed.

I know I hit my seed both times because each time I flew to Victory Road right after getting the egg, Sweet Scented as soon as I entered the cave, and got both times the same level 37 Durant, Bold, with IVs matching exactly my Frame 14 in Standard Seed, Wild Pokemon.

BUT problem : when I input the seed in RNG Reporter in the Breeding (BW) tab( my parents are both from my game), with Adamant Everstone selected, I get no combination of 2 adamant in a row matching the criteria - and I searched like the first 500 frames.

What is wrong? Is it a RNG Reporter problem? Is catching this Durant the absolute proof that I hit my seed? Did I forget something obvious? I just don't get it, I've bred a Zorua before and got it perfect in 2 eggs...

Are both of the Pokemon yours? One could be international if you dont know the source.. check it under international breeding and see if it comes up

I found a seed with 31/31/31/X/X/X on RNG reporter which is 461F9AB71A2622BF. I am using it with a female Excadrill with crappy IVs (only 31 Special Defense) and a male Mienfoo with 31 in Special Defense and Speed. I am aiming for PIDRNG Frame 113 which gives 31/31/31/Male/Male/Male Adamant Drilbur with Sand Rush . Mother Excadrill is Adamant and has an Everstone.

So I hit my seed and Chatter once, and I get an Adamant Drilbur, female, ability 1 (Sand Force) with 31 in Attack and Special Defense according to the Battle Subway Stat Judge.
I try again, chattering twice this time, and get another adamant female sand force Drilbur, which has 31 in Defense and Speed.

I know I hit my seed both times because each time I flew to Victory Road right after getting the egg, Sweet Scented as soon as I entered the cave, and got both times the same level 37 Durant, Bold, with IVs matching exactly my Frame 14 in Standard Seed, Wild Pokemon.

BUT problem : when I input the seed in RNG Reporter in the Breeding (BW) tab( my parents are both from my game), with Adamant Everstone selected, I get no combination of 2 adamant in a row matching the criteria - and I searched like the first 500 frames.

What is wrong? Is it a RNG Reporter problem? Is catching this Durant the absolute proof that I hit my seed? Did I forget something obvious? I just don't get it, I've bred a Zorua before and got it perfect in 2 eggs...
Let's see a screen cap of your RNG reporter main window.

@Dracolosse You asked me a pokemon right?Im sorry i dint had time to reply because i was busy with college.Whatcha you got for trade?

Anyway on topic.You probably
A:Think you hit the seed while you dint
B:NPC screwed you when pressed X to open menu to chatter
C:What?Wild pokemon on RNG reporter?To make it work you have to set your first search to gift option,then set frame to 8~8 on time finder.THEN get that seed and imput in the Breeding BW window in the main menu of RNG reporter.

Im having extreme difficulity in breeding a shiny.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/17651501.png/

I have a shiny at frame 72.

I managed to hit my seed as after 10 tries I am consistently hatching a Lax Male x/x/x/31/31/31.

my Parents were flawless Ditto and a Modest Everstoned Male Litwick x/31/x/x/31/x .

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/71211233.png/

I managed to deduce that I'm on PID frame 52 (Chatter once). This means I have to Chatter another 20 times to hit my shiny frame. But After several tries I kept getting a Modest Non-Shiny Female 31/x/31/31/31/31. IV seems to match PID frame 72 except for the gender and its non shiny. I have no idea where I am doing wrong.

This is my pokecheck to cfm my TID and SID.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/62808448.png/

A little help?

P.S. I can't get my image to show up using the "insert" image function. It jus show up a box with a cross. So I just added the link instead for some screenshot.

Im having extreme difficulity in breeding a shiny.

I have a shiny at frame 72.

I managed to hit my seed as after 10 tries I am consistently hatching a Lax Male x/x/x/31/31/31.

my Parents were flawless Ditto and a Modest Everstoned Male Litwick x/31/x/x/31/x .

I managed to deduce that I'm on PID frame 52 (Chatter once). This means I have to Chatter another 20 times to hit my shiny frame. But After several tries I kept getting a Modest Non-Shiny Female 31/x/31/31/31/31. I have no idea where I am doing wrong.

This is my pokecheck to cfm my TID and SID.

A little help?
If you land on 52 after chattering once, you need to chatter 21 times to hit 72.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)