Join Date: Apr 2009
Onsite B/W RNG Manipulation Guide
The first post of this thread contains information for C-Gear abuse, which was the only method of abuse at the time this thread was posted. Standard Seed abuse is much easier to execute and should be a welcomed addition to RNG in the fifth generation.
Prerequisites for Standard Abuse
Consolidation of Information throughout the thread
so you don't have to look :)
- RNG Reporter
- Note to Mac Users: RNG Reporter works under Windows and Linux.
- PPRNG is the Mac equivalent of the 5th Generation RNG Reporter. Use it instead.
- A clock with a clear Seconds reading.
- DS Original, Lite, DSi, or 3DS.
- Note: As of this writing, only English, Japanese, German and Spanish versions can successfully RNG standard seeds on a DSi\3DS.
- Difficulty of the different RNGs you can do in ascending difficulty:
- Stationary Legends (Zekrom/Kyurem/Musketeers/Volcarona/Foongus/Amoongus)
- Gift Pokemon (Fossils/Larvesta Egg/Magikarp/Dreamyard Elemental Monkey Trio)
- Wondercard Pokemon (not required)
- Wild Pokemon in areas without moving NPCs using Encounter Slots
- ID/SID Abuse for Shiny Frames on a Target Seed (not required)
- Wild Pokemon in areas with moving NPCs using Encounter Slots
- Egg Abuse
- Swirling Sand / Water Spot (Surf/Fish)
- White Forest Abuse (Nonshiny and Synchronize Only)
- Roamer IV and Nature Abuse (nonshiny)
- C-Gear Abuse for Entralink Pokemon from the Dream World
- Roamer IV/Nature/Shiny Abuse in Snow or Rain
- Standard Seed Behavior
- The initial frame will never be frame 1 for the PIDRNG, you have to calibrate it or use the [Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame] button.
- The initial frame will be the same for the same seed if you hit it again.
- NPCs will behave the same way for the same seed.
- If there are moving NPCs off screen, they will still advance the RNG even though you cannot see them.
- Even if the moving NPCs do not move when you RNG, they still can advance the frame.
- Shaking spots will appear in the same position if you take the same path and hit the same seed.
- Shaking spots will appear on average every 320 steps.
- Technical Info: A spot will appear when your small step counter (0 thru 19) and upper 3 bits of the current RNG seed are both 0. (20 * 2^3 = 320).
- Step Related Information
- Taking the same amount of steps advances the PIDRNG by the same amount if you do them exactly the same on the same seed.
- Taking one step to exit a building is not considered a step.
- Steps taken during an event (thus forcefully moving you) are not considered steps.
- Encounter Slot Tables: Black | | White
- RNG Reporter has these links built in, so you can quickly get to them without coming here.
- Roamer Information
- Roamers have their own encounter method, and are not considered Wild Pokemon.
- Their IVs, nature, and PID are set immediately after it flies away.
- Rain advances the PIDRNG by approximately 60 per second.
- This is not consistent. Sometimes the PIDRNG will "stick" to a certain frame.
- Snow advances it much less (Around 260 frames after your initial frame)
- They cannot be synchronized.
- If your roamer is first encountered shiny (upon release), checking in the Pokedex would show the shiny sprite.
- Although it is possible to RNG a shiny Roamer with the Elite Four, it will not let you get IVs
- Battling with the Champion increases the PIDRNG frame by 6, the Roamer is then generated at the Hall of Fame Machine.
- Breeding Information
- When breeding, DO NOT USE POWER ITEMS (They will be supported soon, don't ask when).
- Ditto is considered as the opposite gender of the other Pokemon when breeding.
- Genderless breeding considers Ditto the female.
- When breeding for Dream World abilities, Ditto must not be either parent.
- Nidoran or (Illumise/Volbeat) species is not determined by Gender Ratios when breeding.
- It is listed in the breeding outputs for both breeding methods.
- General Information
- The first post has the ways to advance the IV and/or PIDRNG Frame.
- Your timer0 may fluctuate between two values, one more than the other when (not) using Keypresses.
- More often than not, if you have a Keypress you will get the larger timer0.
- YOU CANNOT CONTROL YOUR TIMER0
- If it fluctuates between more than 2, PROTIP: Buy the game.
- You hold the keys that the keypress tells you to the moment you boot the game until the Nintendo logo appears.
- The moment the C-Gear comes on is the moment you lose any control of the PIDRNG.
- This means you cannot abuse for shinies or specific PIDRNG frames when using a C-Gear seed.
- All Wild, Stationary, Roamer and Gift Pokemon have their IV frames starting on 1.
- This includes Landorus and Starters.
- NPCs that do not move in a set pattern advance the RNG in an unpredictable way.
- You do not have to listen to Chatot's call when doing Chatot advancements. Only a split second is needed for the game to advance, hence why it is called "Chatot flipping" (named from "Journal Flipping from DPPt).
- Roamers, Gift Pokemon, Entralink Pokemon, and Wondercards cannot be synchronized.
- Eggs have their IVs starting on IV Frame 8.
- Larvesta has its own method and starts on frame 2.
- Wondercards have no relation to the MTRNG, because they are generated from the PIDRNG. Use the True Minimum Frame option when searching for Wondercard Seeds. Wondercards are not abuseable with C-Gear seeds.
- To remove fog or sand storm in any area, follow these steps as your last part of setting up to abuse.
- Save the game in the area you are abusing.
- Change your DS clock's date to one month ahead of what you just saved at in game.
- Enter the game at any time and encounter a wild Pokemon. When the battle ends, the season will change and the fog/sand will disappear.
- Save your game, now you can start abusing on whatever date your seed dictates.
Helpful Videos of 5th Gen RNG
- Searching with RNG Reporter
- RNG Reporter can search for Egg Standard Seeds with Time Finder.
- Entralink Abuse requires you to calibrate for your IV frame as well, as you have to walk to your Pokemon. This will take a lot of time to calibrate, and you should do it for each time you decide to abuse. Natures are random due to the C-Gear's consistent PIDRNG advancement.
Videos by bearsfan092:
Videos by Greenalink:
Mac (PPRNG) RNG Abuse Video (Torterra2020)
There may be some inconsistencies due to updated programs and information, but they should help guide you through the process.
YOU CANNOT CONTROL
Last edited by Kaphotics; Jan 14th, 2012 at 12:48:09 AM.